• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About spoilers....

So this has been bothering me for a long time in this wiki I know it is hard to control spoilers considering this is a character indexing wiki and it is my own fault to look up spoilerish character profiles but is there any way to sort out this problem...

None that I know of. We can't say who's gonna get spoiled and where, since as you say, it's an indexing wiki.

It'd be too much of a hassle to put spoiler tabs (if that's even possible in a wiki) on each and every power/stat/image gained after every arc.

I agree with Gemmy. It'd just be time consuming, very tiring, and just be really unnecessary.

This is a vs debating wiki, spoiling info is mandatory to make decent arguments.

By spoilling I am not talking about Stats(Stats are fine as they are) I was talking about their description like for e.g Jotaro Kujo it really spoiles a lot for anime only watchers.

It shouldn't be hard to have a short description that doesn't spoil anything if the one editing/making the profile knows the verse well enough. Problem would still fall to "too much work", but if the community gets a heads up, then they could do their own work on their own time (though the lesser known/older works still get glossed over).

It's not only the Summary section that can spoil things. Often stats are accompanied by explanations. For example: X character is Mountain level for killing Y character. It's something that cannot be avoided,

Well, if people do not want spoilers, they should wait until after they have finished reading with visiting wikis featuring the characters. And more importantly, it would take far too much work to go through all of the profiles for something as minor as this.

If people don't want to see spoilers, they shouldn't click on the respective character pages till they're up to speed. Simple as that.

They're right. For example it was my fault for looking up, Cinder from RWBY and finding out she _____s ________ (Because I don't wanna spoil. This was not a joke)

Back