• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About Reconstruction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crabwhale

Wasteland Gravetender
VS Battles
Administrator
Hello all. Recently I've been made aware that we have no proper Reconstruction page (that is, the ability to put broken objects back together). This is in the QnA board because I was wondering if anyone could point to any other standard power we list as a reason that serves the same purpose, to answer the question on whether we need a page or not.

You could also do Matter Manipulation if you want to play it safe

Or limited Reality Warping if you really want to play it safe

I think Fixit Felix Jr from Wreck it Ralph is what the OP is an example of a character with the ability referenced in the OP.

Can probably be filed under Construction even if it's a bit different
See that'd be optimal but I feel the powers despite the name kinda don't have much relation?

One is building stuff quickly, the other is restoring broken stuff to a state of not-broken(ness).

It could either just be Creation or Construction
Definitely not Creation since I'm specifically referring to stuff that's broken but is fixed through a power. The example DDM provided is one such case, another would be to say, unshatter plates that have been broken into a state where they look exactly like they did before being broken.

That's an example I checked out beforehand, and specifically time manipulation-related. Not all cases of reconstruction are time-related (in fact I'd wager most of them aren't).
I mean, maybe isn't that uncommon a time related reconstruction, in Arifureta that's a thing relatively common and I believe to have saw before other series were that's a thing. Maybe if in the end a page is made it could be listed time based reconstruction as a possible type along with construction and/or matter manip.

This sounds terrible but the protagonist from Redo of Healer might be the pivotal example of this, as he has the particular ability to "heal" (read: put back things/reverse things/repair things/fix) almost everything from wounds, to matter, to abstracts things such as time.
And a lot of his powers are derivations from said "reconstruction".

Full metal alchemist also comes to mind, sorta, one of the uses of alchemy is the reconstrunction of matter, either while in process of an object being transmuted to another form, or to repair stuff back to their previous state.
And since, we already list "descontruction" as part of the verse's power ("alchemy") we might aswell pair it with their more productive and less edgy sibling, reconstruction.

for FMA it's explicitly matter manip but I guess you could consider it an example

So is descontruction.

Reconstruction is not an ability on itself the vast majority of time, but an application or technique of another ability.

Last edited:
Maybe Recreation? It does have a ring to it

So is everyone alright with making this a page then?

Very rarely matter manipulation of Alchemist due to Equivalent Exchange

And yeah sounds like a unique ability enough to be added imo

I would like to add to this, as another example, D&D spellcasters with access to mending would be another example of this

Should I do a staff ping? I feel like this is important enough.

I'm not sure if is all that necessary for a single ability that is not really controversial in nature, and that few immediate characters will have.

Wouldn't this take up unnecessary space for a complete ability page for this? I mean, just simply "[[Matter Manipulation|Restoration]]" and that's it

The idea is that a lot of people are saying the power is unique enough to distinguish.

And I would like to point out that redundancy of that nature has never stopped the creation of power pages. Just look at literally any power page that deals with the manipulation of materials (earth, ice, plasma, blood, etc.) which technically all file under matter manip. Same thing goes for things such as density manipulation and petrification.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back