• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Discussion on a potential Reconstruction page (Staff Only)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crabwhale

Wasteland Gravetender
VS Battles
Administrator
Howdy all.

In this thread I asked a question regarding the absence of a Reconstruction page, arguing that no power page in our current line-up has a way of neatly folding the ability onto themselves. Matter Manipulation comes the closest to this, but it is in my opinion far too general of a power to be considered here (in essence, if things such as Elemental Manipulation, Petrification, Density Manipulation, etc. can have pages without being called redundant, this can as well).

I also pointed out that explicit cases where Reconstruction is the result of Creation or Time Manipulation do not constitute all such cases. Furthermore, the users in the thread, several of whom were staff members, seemed to agree by the end that the existence of the page would be alright. So that is the matter I bring up today.

Note: STAFF ONLY. You know the drill people. If you're a regular user (who wasn't in the OG thread), get permission from someone with a colored name. I will delete posts if not.

I'm neutral about the name; Restoration or Reconstruction. But I am in support with the page creation.

71b.jpg

To be fair in the original thread there where mentioned at least three users that have restoration as a type of healing, Josuke who can use crazy diamond to restore objects and people to effectively heal them, Keyaru who can use his heal with people and object, and the users of restoration magic from Arifureta that I mentioned who are able to restore things and people to a prior state.

As I suggested in the original thread I believe there could be types to the power, like matter based restoration, time based restoration and construction based restoration for example. Though at the end that is really just a possibility that I mentioned so can be discarded if wanted.

To be fair in the original thread there where mentioned at least three users that have restoration as a type of healing, Josuke who can use crazy diamond to restore objects and people to effectively heal them, Keyaru who can use his heal with people and object, and the users of restoration magic from Arifureta that I mentioned who are able to restore things and people to a prior state.

As I suggested in the original thread I believe there could be types to the power, like matter based restoration, time based restoration and construction based restoration for example. Though at the end that is really just a possibility that I mentioned so can be discarded if wanted.
Neutral on such a suggestion, not inherently opposed to making types for the power but I don't think it's super important either.

I personally do not mind a Reconstruction page.

I should have been pinged no? Since Crab @'d my user name but I got no notification.

Anyway, I also agree on the creation of the page, as for the name this is just my opinion but I think "reconstruction" makes more synergy with other stablished pages such as deconstruction and construction.

Maybe it was because you already subscribe to this thread and received a notification that way instead?

However, if this problem continues, please mention it to me, so I can inform our system manager.

Last edited:
Meh, I don't really think this is exactly necessary

Well, I personally think that this seems like a harmless and uncontroversial addition, but we preferably need more staff input.

I like this idea. It pairs nicely with our Deconstruction page, which is why I prefer Reconstruction as well.

Sometimes characters can just fix destroyed things without any explanation and it's a pain in the ass to explain in pages, so I appreciate this.

Okay. I think that we have received sufficient support to apply this relatively harmless suggestion then.

I'm also interested in seeing a draft and list of potential example users.

I assume that Overhaul, Josuke Higashitaka and Weisz Steiner would be viable users for this?

I'm also interested in seeing a draft and list of potential example users.

I assume that Overhaul, Josuke Higashitaka and Weisz Steiner would be viable users for this?
Personally speaking I believe that Josuke or even Overhaul should be used as the gif showing the power since they are pretty direct and famous cases, personally I would prefer Josuke since I believe he is more famous.

About example users I recommended Arifureta restoration magic users since they fit perfectly the power. Josuke was also mentioned and obviously should be used as a famous user of the power. Keyaru was also mentioned but considering the nature of the character and his series is probably better not use him. Fixit Felix Jr was also mentioned as a good example of the power via construction but the character currently don't have a profile so there is that. Full Metal Alchemist was also mentioned in the last thread since with their alchemy they can reconstruct stuff.

Right, certainly.

Well for the basic summation, I think it should go something like: Reconstruction is the ability to put things back together after they have been broken or otherwise destroyed. (with a note later on the page specifying that the power is distinct from simply fixing things in an ordinary manner)

I could do with a little back and forth regarding the thing itself before making the draft

But I suppose I'll get on that.

Well, as I said earlier, I think that we have received sufficient staff support here.

The draft page looks pretty good, but it probably needs to be structured more like other powers and abilities pages.

I was unaware we even had one of those. Very well. I'll change it up.

I could also do with a few more example of this ability, as I feel there's a few too many manga/anime characters being picked. Representation and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back