• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About Perception Manipulation and Illusion Creation

Sniper670

He/Him
I've looked at both Perception manipulation and Illusion Creation pages and I can't for the life of me tell the difference. Is there a reason for the distinctions?

Perception is your ability to hear, feel, see, etc. Perception Manipulation means they can make you see and hear things that aren't real. The Illusions are based solely in your mind. Unless it is specifically stated they can not harm you only lead you into harm or leave you vulnerable. And at the same time, it's usually localized to singular targets.

Illusions on the other hand can sometimes be seen by other people. It's not always the case, but if someone created a Giant Monster using an Illusion it was would be a Universal Sight. In comparison, Perception Manipulation would just have the monster in your head.

So basically they are very similar and it gets confusing. But Perception Manipulation is usually localized hallucinations and Illusion Creation is usually Universally Visible. Perception Manipulation would feel more real than plain old Illusion Creation, but at the same time, both can be amped up. Like In naruto were Illusions can affect your sense of pain, etc.

Back