• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About Miraculous Ladybug's Cosmology

Making time travel more complicating than it needs to be.

For context, the Miraculous universe is a universe where Magical Jewels exist. These jewels are the Miraculouses, which work as connections to Kwamis, the embodiments of any given concept. One of this Miraculouses is the Rabbit Miraculous, Kwami Fluff's Miraculous; who embodies the concept of evolution, and as such, grants the power to travel through time (don't ask me).

Rabbit Miraculous wilders are able to travel through time with the use of the Burrow, a portal that leads into a different dimension fulfilled with portals that lead to seemingly different time periods. A user of the Rabbit Miraculous is able to freely interact with this portals in any given way, wherever to watch, rewind, speed up or open a portal to said location.

Context given, now it‘s time to get to the purpose of this thread: the cosmology.

The Burrow does allows to get the user on different points in time, but the portals there are also gates to every available space-time continuum:

RJjZPoE.png

Note De Real & Design: The Burrow is a huge empty sphere whose walls are made of round facets. C'est comme entrer dans un ballon de foot geant [It's like entering into a gigantic soccer ball]. Each facet is at the same time a screen and a portal to every available space-time continuum. In their regular state, these facets are blurred and frozen. They become unblurred and starts moving when you touch it, when you pass through it to step into the space-time displayed, or simply when you want to keep the portal open. Ruse de sioux pour eviter d'avoir a montrer tout ce qu'il y a derrière les portails. On pourra se contener de photos tres slurrées [Script trick (?) to not show what's on the other side of those portals. When can conform ourselves with some blurry shots]

Chat Blanc Script

Chat Blanc is an episode of the Third Season of Miraculous Ladybug and the first of it's kind to properly feature the Burrow. The story goes about how Adrien founds out Ladybug's identity by accident which leads into Chat Noir's akumatization into Chat Blanc, which ends up creating a post-apocalyptic timeline.

The common idea that comes from watching this episode is that it occurs in the same line as the show and gets reversed at the end, virtue of Ladybug traveling back to the past. However, there’s a second interpretation all around this episode: Chat Blanc's timeline is not the same one as the one in the mainline show. This idea comes supported by minor changes like Marinette letting her hair down in the Chat Blanc future (something she had never done before and it's outright stated during an ad that this hairstyle comes straight out of an alternate reality) and, although anecdotical given that it was deleted, the creator of the show apparently once pointed out that the idea that this were separate continuities was "pretty accurate".

This also lines up with one of the statements given by one of the ambassador of the show claiming that there are thousands of timelines in Miraculous and Bunnyx lives in several alternate realities in which not everything might be the same, such as her being or not the only person who knows Ladybug's identity.

YE56uy3.jpg

"Bunnyx lives ["Vice" is a typo. Meant "vive"] a lot of alternate realities, not in all of them she’ll be the one to know it [Ladybug’s identity], and even if she knew about Alya, Bunnyx wouldn’t tell Marinette, she'll obviously lie because Bunnyx needs to interfiere as little as possible."

Ta9wbyv.jpg

"Nah, it's fan speculation [That only Bunnyx can know the secret identities]. Besides, there's thousands of timelines, not everything is going to be the same in each one of them. Bunnyx can't even tell her who is Hawk Moth, even less she'll tell Marinette "btw Alya knows" because everything needs to follow it's natural order."

That's about it.

For now.

TL;DR: Miraculous cosmology is anywhere between a 2-C one and a 2-B one.

We think we should also talk about the Ultimate Miraculous Absolute Power that has the power to erase and re create a universe which is feat at least comparable to cat noir

Interesting. I will however point out that when Marinette's action leaded eventually to Cat Blanc, his timeline is obviously different than Bunnyx's own timeline as she never experienced the events in that timeline, but we also see Bunnyx starting to dissapear when the future got changed, which may mean there's actually only one timeline, since Bunnyx doesn't exist in Chat Blanc's timeline

Interesting. I will however point out that when Marinette's action leaded eventually to Cat Blanc, his timeline is obviously different than Bunnyx's own timeline as she never experienced the events in that timeline, but we also see Bunnyx starting to dissapear when the future got changed, which may mean there's actually only one timeline, since Bunnyx doesn't exist in Chat Blanc's timeline
The Bunnyx from the episode is indeed the Bunnyx from the Show's Ladybug timeline, but Chat Blanc never happened in her timeline at all.

To be more precise; Bunnyx is disappearing because, if Ladybug doesn’t realize the mistake she made in the original timeline by living the immediate future of the alternative one, the event would repeat itself in the show's timeline, as Adrien would be aware of her identity no matter if she managed to de-evilize Chat Blanc.

The Bunnyx from the episode is indeed the Bunnyx from the Show's Ladybug timeline, but Chat Blanc never happened in her timeline at all.

To be more precise; Bunnyx is disappearing because, if Ladybug doesn’t realize the mistake she made in the original timeline by living the immediate future of the alternative one, the event would repeat itself in the show's timeline, as Adrien would be aware of her identity no matter if she managed to de-evilize Chat Blanc.
I'm pretty sure Bunnyx is the same every time she appeared in both Season 3 and Season 5 (though in 5 we see present Bunnyx)

I'm pretty sure Bunnyx is the same every time she appeared in both Season 3 and Season 5 (though in 5 we see present Bunnyx)
Yes. That’s actually a point I agree with. The thing is that Chat Blanc would’ve happened in the original timeline if Ladybug hadn’t realized what happened in the alternative timeline regardless. Bunnyx disappearing is a product of that, as the events that lead Chat Blanc were already on course with the difference that this time around Bunnyx travelled to the past to figure what happened.

Yes. That’s actually a point I agree with. The thing is that Chat Blanc would’ve happened in the original timeline if Ladybug hadn’t realized what happened in the alternative timeline regardless. Bunnyx disappearing is a product of that, as the events that lead Chat Blanc were already on course with the difference that this time around Bunnyx travelled to the past to figure what happened.
So the thing is, I'm not sure why Cat Blanc's world would be a different universe

Also, Time tagger was sending people back (and likely also forward) in time and it directly affected the present, so that means that they didn't transport to another timeline

So the thing is, I'm not sure why Cat Blanc's world would be a different universe
Because it has been stated, or at the very least implied, to be so. Granted, Ladybug also sees a futuristic city in one of the portals, so that means that inside the burrow there were two different futures at display.
Also, Time tagger was sending people back (and likely also forward) in time and it directly affected the present, so that means that they didn't transport to another timeline
Timetagger’s powers aren’t the same thing as the Burrow. I know the Miraculous verse is bound to Causality. For the most.

It does seem like its only 1 timeline.
But in the ephemeral episode we find out that the universe was once destroyed and re created so that means the current events are happening in a new timeline created after the destruction of the first one that ended when someone used the wish. So 2 timelines must exist one that was destroyed and the new one.

It does seem like its only 1 timeline.
But in the ephemeral episode we find out that the universe was once destroyed and re created so that means the current events are happening in a new timeline created after the destruction of the first one that ended when someone used the wish. So 2 timelines must exist one that was destroyed and the new one.
Actually, it's wasn't just destroyed, but rather it was rewritten, meaning, it was destroyed, but the same timeline got recreated with the power of the Ladybug Miraculous. Sass explains it in his analogy of how the wish works

But technically its not the same timeline its like flashpoint on DC when flash got back in time and changed things affecting the entire timeline creating a ramification of the original timeline

Making time travel more complicating than it needs to be.

For context, the Miraculous universe is a universe where Magical Jewels exist. These jewels are the Miraculouses, which work as connections to Kwamis, the embodiments of any given concept. One of this Miraculouses is the Rabbit Miraculous, Kwami Fluff's Miraculous; who embodies the concept of evolution, and as such, grants the power to travel through time (don't ask me).

Rabbit Miraculous wilders are able to travel through time with the use of the Burrow, a portal that leads into a different dimension fulfilled with portals that lead to seemingly different time periods. A user of the Rabbit Miraculous is able to freely interact with this portals in any given way, wherever to watch, rewind, speed up or open a portal to said location.

Context given, now it‘s time to get to the purpose of this thread: the cosmology.

The Burrow does allows to get the user on different points in time, but the portals there are also gates to every available space-time continuum:

RJjZPoE.png

Chat Blanc Script

Chat Blanc is an episode of the Third Season of Miraculous Ladybug and the first of it's kind to properly feature the Burrow. The story goes about how Adrien founds out Ladybug's identity by accident which leads into Chat Noir's akumatization into Chat Blanc, which ends up creating a post-apocalyptic timeline.

The common idea that comes from watching this episode is that it occurs in the same line as the show and gets reversed at the end, virtue of Ladybug traveling back to the past. However, there’s a second interpretation all around this episode: Chat Blanc's timeline is not the same one as the one in the mainline show. This idea comes supported by minor changes like Marinette letting her hair down in the Chat Blanc future (something she had never done before and it's outright stated during an ad that this hairstyle comes straight out of an alternate reality) and, although anecdotical given that it was deleted, the creator of the show apparently once pointed out that the idea that this were separate continuities was "pretty accurate".

This also lines up with one of the statements given by one of the ambassador of the show claiming that there are thousands of timelines in Miraculous and Bunnyx lives in several alternate realities in which not everything might be the same, such as her being or not the only person who knows Ladybug's identity.

YE56uy3.jpg

Ta9wbyv.jpg

That's about it.

For now.

TL;DR: Miraculous cosmology is anywhere between a 2-C one and a 2-B one.
I know the show Is French so if y’all need a translation just pm me

I think 2-B cosmology should be fine if Tweeter statements are taken that seriously.

Wouldn’t Chat Blanc scale He was going to destroy everything and the alternate timelines were getting blured in Bunnix space

In the Miraculous World Paris special episode, it was revealed that there are infinite parallel worlds. So cosmology (and Chat Blanc) can also be upgraded to the High Multiverse level.
Screenshot-20231024-172042.jpg

Screenshot-20231024-171126.jpg

In the Miraculous World Paris special episode, it was revealed that there are infinite parallel worlds. So cosmology (and Chat Blanc) can also be upgraded to the High Multiverse level.
Screenshot-20231024-172042.jpg

Screenshot-20231024-171126.jpg
2-A Is fine then though i would prefer you linking the scene so i can verify the translation

Her Burrow yeah but y’all should verify the info

Me too
I just watched the new episode,
i have some questions here, if anyone watched it, what exactly controlled other versions of tiki and plag when other version of marinette goes to make wish ?

Back