• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About Kirin speed

M3X_2.0

VS Battles
Retired
Hi everyone. I was discussing with TataHakai a couple of days ago about Kirin speed. I used the Method 2 type of scaling, but Tata disagreed because it was before the storm and we can't see the storm, but I think this is a lowball.

TataHakai suggested to use an average size of this cloud (Kirin is a Cumulonimbus, it was stated) and the result using 200m, 4000, 12000m is 5400m or 5.4km

What do you guys think about?

21,000 meters is an EXTREME high end so i think just using the first 3 figures might be better

Using the first 3 figures gives us an average of 16200/3 = 5400 meters

This is much more consistent with altitudes at which lightning forms, and isn't lowballed to 1000 meters which would put it below the uchiha hideout's height if i recall correctly.

Yeah, Uchiha hideout is 1200m. 1000m makes no sense since the storm was higher than the hideout

We will discuss its height here now and then use what was accepted

The only thing I will say is that ... About the distance used to be from the average distance from the clouds I agree. But I'm also okay with using the standard Wikia assumption while I'm doing pretty well with 2000 ~ 4000m for Kirin.

M3X said:
Yeah, Uchiha hideout is 1200m. 1000m makes no sense since the storm was higher than the hideout
The Uchiha Hideout is about 611 m by other pixelscaling.

EDIT: Also, isn't the 12,000 m figure on the wikipedia page for the Peak of the Cumulonimbus cloud?

It says that the base is formed at 200 to 4,000 m.

Lol, what others pixelscaling have to do? They were not accepted and I am sure they will not

Okay, well that just means we have multiple versions of pixelscaling for it.

The Uchiha Hideout is about 611 m by other pixelscaling.

EDIT: Also, isn't the 12,000 m figure on the wikipedia page for the Peak of the Cumulonimbus cloud?

It says that the base is formed at 200 to 4,000 m.

Yeah 12,000m is for the peak but seeing as there are more than one scalings(on and off site) putting the hideout at over 1km, 1km is indeed inappropriate for the cloud height. And I believe there were already calcs that put the cloud height as 2km right?

@AlphaXlr8; there are scaling putting the hideout above 1 km, and also scaling putting it at 600 m.

So 1 km cloud height isn't necessarily wrong.

Kep got one of my calcs debunked for the reason of storm heights starting below 1 km. Storm clouds don't start super high, they're just tall.

They're not but lightning forms in the upper ends of storm clouds, wouldn't that mean it needs to travel a further distance to hit the ground from when it forms?

Don't we typically calc the distance lightning travels from the bottom of a cloud rather then somewhere near the top?

If that's not the case, why include the 200 m to 4000 m range at all?

M3X said:
Mach 15800
If this is later accepted, wouldn't this mean alot of other calcs or feats that were rejected or considered as outliers would need to be revised, as well as some databook statements e.g Ay's version 2 lightning armor being said to boost his speed to near sol, Madara being said to cut things at sol(this was brought up under light fang)

Back