• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About dbz characters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to hear the argument on why striking power is similar to their destructive capabilities in the dbz world

They regularly tank ki blasts of that level and can hurt each other with their punches.

I dont see how Physical Attacks are the same as Energy ones in DB

I mean Goku has had DC far above planet lvl in terms of Energy Attacks but physical strength wise he hasnt shown a planet lvl strength feat until at least the fight with him and beerus

Again, they regularly tank energy blasts of a planetary level and then hurt each other with punches.

Frieza displayed being able to knock away a full power blast from Vegeta after he healed from Dende and became was stronger than Third Form Frieza and knocked away the blast with a kick.

Because a regular sword shouldve broken in 2 if hit against Frieza? And theres no proof that the sword was imputed with KI. its only a possibility

DBZ characters have been consistently able to harm each other with their strikes. What sounds more reasonable? That villains choose to lower their durability by the tens of quintllions each time someone wants to hit them and then revert back when it's time for a ki blast. Or that striking is of a similar level to ki attacks?

FictionalBlade101 said:
Because a regular sword shouldve broken in 2 if hit against Frieza? And theres no proof that the sword was imputed with KI. its only a possibility
Wrong, Trunks even said that it depends on the strength of the user, King Cold tried to use it and failed miserably, drop it

Trunks reinforced the sword with his ki.

Later, 18 shatters it when she blocks it.

Can i see where he does this? Also where did Trunks state that? Just because he said strength doesnt mean he is imputing it with KI. KI is the energy within someone while Strength is the physical prowse of someone brought out through Brute Force. King Cold could perfectly lift it the only reason he was defeated easily with it was because he had no experience in using a sword unlike Trunks who was a pro. Of course someone who cant use a sword properly would lose to someone who can use it far better. Not saying Trunks wouldnt easily kill King Cold either way, but that reasoning is silly.

ohh Trunks indeed imput his sword with ki, otherwise he couldn't make that damage to Frieza; however, I think the edge of the sword (via ki) and the density of his enemy has more to do that with striking strength tho

Antoniofer said:
ohh Trunks indeed imput his sword with ki, otherwise he couldn't make that damage to Frieza; however, I think the edge of the sword (via ki) and the density of his enemy has more to do that with striking strength tho
Can u show me where he put KI into it please? Because i've read the manga and have the whole saga on DVD and ive never seen that. It would have been clearly shown like how Goku put KI into his finger to block the swords assults but i've never seen Trunks do that to the sword. If u show me him doing this then i'll drop that comment

He says it while he caught King Cold trying to use his sword on him, Strength in Dragonball generally refers to their power, even if it was, again they enhance their striking strength and lifting strength with their ki, skill has nothing to do with it, he caught the sword open handed easily, this argument is getting asinine, now as I said earlier... Drop it.

mm, can't link you to any site from here (I'm using a portable device), but I think it wasn't statement, but you can see when Trunks imput his sword of ki, the more logical is assuming that he imput ki in his sword.

But maybe one of the member from above can give a link

I'd still like to see a link if possible. Also no when has Strength = Energy like KI been established? Both should be totally separate. And skill not having anything to do with it? Id agree with u if it wasnt a fight were one who can use a sword totally outclassed someone who couldnt use a sword to save their lives...

No one needs to prove anything to you.

There are far more cases where someone injures someone who has survived a planet or higher level attack (Goku beating Freeza to a pulp after a much weaker Freeza was able to punt away a planet-busting attack from Vegeta, Freeza being able to hurt Goku with physical blows after he casually tanked planet-busting attacks from him, and so on.)

I'm closing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back