• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About DBZ anime canon

Well, I recently saw people saying that the DBZ anime is canon and they use this image.

What do you think about that? They are right?

The two main points there are:

1. I admire what they have done in the anime.

2. Dragon ball, its the anime and the manga.

First point doesn't prove canonicity, he is saiyng that adding new stuff to keep the viewers interested and to make the episodes reach the average is a good idea.

Second point is kinda vague, but i agree it implies that dbz story contains both the anime and the manga, i'm all in for the anime to be canon so i m8ght be a little biased.

I don't think some obscure translation; forgot what language Spanish or Portuguese, or something else. We only accept it if Japanese stuff say things like that. But the Anime strongly contradicts things that happen in the Manga regardless.

He litteraly explain how he wasn't involved in anime and Toei added stuff by themselves.

I wouldn't say that the "DB, it's the manga and the anime" is enough for it to be canon.

Yes, this isn't proof of the anime being canon to the manga.

Back