• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About Cool Cat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to make a complete and total fool of myself again. Oh well.

So recently, a page for Yumeko Jabami, a ******* gambler with 10-B AP and no powers or abilities, was agreed to be totally okay. You know what that means...

COOL CAT TIME

Yes, he was dumb. Yes, he was memetic. Yes, he was a joke character. Now go tell that to Barney, Shrek, Robbie Rotten, and all those other dumb, memetic, joke characters.

No, he wasn't made to troll anyone.
"Make a deliberately offensive or provocative online post with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them."
That's the definition of "troll".
Q: How is Cool Cat offensive or provocative? A: He isn't.
Q: How does he upset anybody? A: He doesn't.

And no, he was not going to cause a controversy. For the 69000000000000000000000000th time, I asked Derek for permission and he said yes. Even if he did try suing us, the only results would be support from Derek's opponents, and any lawsuit he could try filing against us (which he has never done, even to the guy who called him and Cool Cat pedophiles) would be over in a millisecond, if anyone would even accept it as a real legal battle. Plus, Derek has bigger fish to fry than us, and he hasn't even fried them. It seems that he's learned a lesson from the IHE drama, because there are people out there right now replying to his Twitter account with images of Cool Cat at 9/11, the Hindenburg disaster, and public lynchings, and he's done nothing to stop them. And if he hasn't done anything to them, he won't do anything to us. There's also several examples showing that he won't attack communities larger than his, such as when he actually praised PewDiePie for his bad review of Cool Cat Kids Superhero. He'd be going up against the entire FANDOM community if he tried suing us for this.

I am also confused.
Who is this ‘Cool Cat’, and what does he have to do with this thread, lol
Some furry character who became a big meme. People have tried making a profile for him a few times now, but it keeps getting taken down. Smoke's trying to get him brought back AGAIN

Why do you actually want cool cat back in the vsbattles wiki, since you once said that the movie sucks. Why would you wanna work on something you don't like....

I don't like Cool Cat. I love it. It's a really bad movie, but it's legitimately one of the funniest things I've ever seen, which 100% stems from how bad the movie is.

There is no argument. We just don't want him on the site. End of story.

Y'all know how a meme starts kinda funny, but then it just dies, and then some cringey kids still bring it up repeatedly with half the effort, and then you get sick of it and officially label it as lame, but said cringey kids still think its funny and grow up to be cringey dads still yelling the meme at the top of their lungs, and by that point it's just sad?

You own the books yet btw? Or still gonna make pages off online summaries and misrepresenting the source because you're lazy as **** and becoming near bannable for this persistence?

And the 10-B gamblers and Barney are here literally because the creators tryharded them into the site structure, and due to respect for their past work, we let them have it despite it violating our typical standards. What have you contributed to this site except make us repetitive go and see your next high IQ stunt?

I do think there is enough combat in the Cool Cat franchise for it to be allowed here. Derek himself treats Movie Cool Cat and Book Cool Cat as the same character. The franchise is pretty popular with Cool Cat having had shown up at a real world parade.

Y'all know how a meme starts kinda funny, but then it just dies, and then some cringey kids still bring it up repeatedly with half the effort, and then you get sick of it and officially label it as lame, but said cringey kids still think its funny and grow up to be cringey dads still yelling the meme at the top of their lungs, and by that point it's just sad?
I didn't actually hear about Cool Cat until recently, and stuff happens often enough for the meme to stay alive for me. Either way, tell that to Shrek.

You own the books yet btw? Or still gonna make pages off online summaries and misrepresenting the source because you're lazy as **** and becoming near bannable for this persistence?
I don't even need the books. Low-powered characters are allowed.

And the 10-B gamblers and Barney are here literally because the creators tryharded them into the site structure, and due to respect for their past work, we let them have it despite it violating our typical standards. What have you contributed to this site except make us repetitive go and see your next high IQ stunt?
Barney, I can get behind. Yumeko Jabami is a very simple profile, with nothing complex about it. The only difference between it and a regular human profile is the stamina, LS, and intelligence, with stamina and LS both within the range of standard human capabilities. Also iirc it was considered to follow profile rules thanks to this: "Low-powered characters are allowed to be featured here as long as the characters come from popular/notable verses that are overall worthy of indexing, they are important to their stories, and the profiles are reliable and well-made, although sitcom characters, ones from more realistic romantic comedies, and similar should be avoided. This wiki's main purpose is to index characters, not to feature fights between them."

Also, just so that you stop asking, I can't get the books. They aren't available. Every Cool Cat book was deleted off of every place I could have gotten one. I don't know why, but it happened.

So you don't need to actually read the sources you're trying to use for a page?
Seems legit

Anyways no the wiki made it clear that we will not allow a Cool Cat page now stop

We have made this clear before. We do not want any legal issues with the creator of Cool Cat. Moreover, we do not appreciate people bugging him about Cool Cat for the sake of a profile on our wiki.

Your insistence isn't ban worthy, but it is annoying to the upmost degree and will not win you any favours. Cease and desist.

"Only create profiles for characters that you are very familiar with/that you know much about"

You're making a profile off a ******* book summary online. Genuinely. You have no point here. Books not available? Too bad so sad, make the page when they do become available and you own them.

"and similar should be avoided." Cool Cat falls under similiar. " popular/notable verses that are overall worthy of indexing" Cool Cat isn't. You have a problem with Kakeguri or something, get it deleted separately, a bureaucrat is stonewalling it out of her own goodwill.

Also her Intelligence is blatantly Superhuman regarding that one skill actually, so no, you're wrong. Read the page. She got a Genius Intelligence off ******* gambling.

@Sir_Ovens It is bannable, he has gotten a warning by Ant twice by now for being persistent in this.

> tells you, for about the 20th time, that Cool Cat isn't to be accepted

> we explain why Yumeko is allowed on the thread, reasons that do not apply to Cool Cat

> you have the bright idea of making another Cool Cat thread

Cool, so, how about that ban.

You've told me the speech equivalent of one particle. I still don't understand why Yumeko is allowed and Cool Cat isn't.

Go read the goddamn thread we discussed this on.

Seriously, we quite literally just discussed it, and the fact that you still show adamancy and indignant disregard for putting even the bare minimum of work necessary to create a meaningful argument in good faith prompts me to do nothing other than take this to Rules & Violations.

Ok, let's see how you addressed Cool Cat...
"They aren't remotely comparable"
What a thorough explanation. Thank you Mortizva, very cool.

Read the goddamn thread where we discussed it. You were THERE. How could you just ignore the very reasoning presented in the very thread you were watching.

There were arguments for Yumeko. The arguments for Cool Cat hinged on a lawsuit that'll never happen and the character being a meme.

4kasx3.jpg

THEN.

DON'T.

MAKE.

THE.

PROFILES.

How hard is it to understand that if you don't have the evidence and resources to properly index a character, that you shouldn't index that character?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back