• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
And judging from the size of it, isn't it obvious that the columns are made of reinforced concrete ?
Reinforced concrete stuff usually has a bigger footprint than the pillars you showed, plus even if it did have rebar, it'd also need the steel chunks being damaged or flung out, merely damaging the concrete portion isn't gonna cut it.

No it's not if you compare it with true size of the column.
Like I said, you could push for v. frag, but pulv is pretty much outta the books here unless we see all of it being turned to dust.

I don't understand why the energy that come from a kick is not counted as kinetic energy ?
Because the formulae are different.

KE is 0.5 * m * v^2

Destruction energy is slapping the MPa value onto the volume being whacked.

That and compressive strength, which we use for pulv. is actually a low-ball because compressive strength is a slow process where you slowly crush a material into dust, but most of fiction shows pulv. feats to be rapid AKA it'd be a lot more energetic but we don't know by how much without using the powder factor formula, so compressive strength is a compromise.

KE is 0.5 * m * v^2

That and compressive strength, which we use for pulv. is actually a low-ball because compressive strength is a slow process where you slowly crush a material into dust, but most of fiction shows pulv. feats to be rapid AKA it'd be a lot more energetic but we don't know by how much without using the powder factor formula, so compressive strength is a compromise.

KE is 0.5 * m * v^2

And according to pascal's law "the result can be interpreted as a pressure change caused by the change of potential energy per unit volume " doesn't it mean that the 610 joule/cc is potential energy used to pulverized the reinforced concrete ?,then to call it (the attack) using kinetic energy is not wrong since potential enery is equivalent with kinetic energy.

Like I said, you could push for v. frag, but pulv is pretty much outta the books here unless we see all of it being turned to dust.
To use v.frag for it is little unfair for me,since most of the part turned into a dust.

The dust clouds aren't that big and we see more pebbles fall out than dust clouds.
dPXHGDf.png

I think the dust cloud doesn't need to be big, but my point is,the chunks won't even fit in 10% of the area that got destroyed,I did some edit for it.

dPXHGDf.png

I think the dust cloud doesn't need to be big, but my point is,the chunks won't even fit in 10% of the area that got destroyed,I did some edit for it.
Dust can also form from normal frag feats, doesn't mean we should just also apply a pulv value willy nilly to scenarios where we see large chunks getting busted.

Also you're clearly ignoring the second panel right to the first panel where we see large chunks fall off. The bottom third panel most likely cuts them out due to space.

And again, there's no sign that part of the rebar was destroyed too.

Dust can also form from normal frag feats, doesn't mean we should just also apply a pulv value willy nilly to scenarios where we see large chunks getting busted.

Also you're clearly ignoring the second panel right to the first panel where we see large chunks fall off. The bottom third panel most likely cuts them out due to space.

I ignored it because I think those chunks is the chuncks we see in third panel.
yq45mDW.png

And those are not a large chunks,it looks large because it's a close up picture,if you matching the shading lines,you'll see that the chunks is actually small.

The scans. Link for the chapter if you're interested.

I ignored it because I think those chunks is the chuncks we see in third panel.
yq45mDW.png

And those are not a large chunks,it looks large because it's a close up picture,if you matching the shading lines,you'll see that the chunks is actually small.
There a decent amount of large chunks in the pillar itself if you look closely, darker in color than the cracked surface of the pillar.

Actually, now that I look at the calc, it seems to be frag, he sent most of the large-sized fragments outward which explains why there are so many less fragments near the pillar itself.
ghtIwJQ.jpeg

Yeah but we can't see any chunk in the next page,mean that the chunks aren't pulverized directly.

Artistic inconsistency is most likely the best explanation for this.
And because of that it can also be counted as pulverization, because the most important is the aftermath of the attack.

I would rather to take it as inconsistent feats rather than take it as actual feat by forcing it to be fit in specific way without enough prove.

And because of that it can also be counted as pulverization, because the most important is the aftermath of the attack.
It is also imperative that the site of the destruction be in close vicinity, your shot doesn't show that.

Aftermath shows decently-large pebble-like stuff near the site of destruction.

I would rather to take it as inconsistent feats rather than take it as actual feat by forcing it to be fit in specific way without enough prove.
Evidence points to the contrary, site of destruction shows debris left behind, and the shot you showed is way too far for the debris to actually be properly visible, thus actually preventing us from accurately gauging the severity of the destruction.

so basically this guy is teaching us about the application of Kinetic Energy on vsdebating ,i'll recap some argument he made :

1. This guy said that the column is pulverized while in the reality @GreatIskandar14045 already proven that the other fragment to fit the original part of column is already thrown away by guriko's kick and don't seem to be appeared on the panel, and not suddenly turn into dust ,and you can see some fragment there, 3 scan supports it's not pulverized (altho this tino guy give us the panel that shown no fragment has been thrown away by guriko kick ,and it's definitely drawing error if we going by 3 other scan).

ghtIwJQ.jpeg

Yeah but we can't see any chunk in the next page,mean that the chunks aren't pulverized directly.
this is the art inconsistent that we are talking about.

2. This guy said that his method to determine destruction is has thing to do with Kinetic Energy which is very funny because Kinetic energy is based on mass and velocity and has nothing to do with his method , @GreatIskandar14045 and @KLOL506 already point that KE DOESN'T WORK LIKE THIS BECAUSE HIS METHOD IS NOT EVEN KE TO BEGIN WITH .
You are the one who don't understand what are you talking about,we already know how much energy it take to pulverize the reinforced concrete,we only need to multiply it by the volume to get the total amount of kinetic energy used,you clearly knew nothing about KE and how it works.
this is what of my second point talking about,this is so funny i can't ☠️☠️☠️.

Last edited:
It is also imperative that the site of the destruction be in close vicinity, your shot doesn't show that.

Aftermath shows decently-large pebble-like stuff near the site of destruction.

Evidence points to the contrary, site of destruction shows debris left behind, and the shot you showed is way too far for the debris to actually be properly visible, thus actually preventing us from accurately gauging the severity of the destruction.
There are some things that I disagree with from your statements.

first of all to say it's just normal concrete just because we can't see the rebar or the character doesn't destroy the rebar is something wrong, in testing the stresses that reinforced concrete can withstand, either by compressive strength or tensile strength, the test will stop when the the reinforced concrete is fractured even if it's only small crack the test will be stoped (you can watch some video about it), that means the value obtained from the test comes from the fracture of the part you call "normal concrete" in reinforced concrete, meaning that if a character only makes small cracks in a reinforced concrete, we still have to use the destructive value of reinforced concrete ,and actually we have to do additional calculations for the rebar if a character completely destroys the entire reinforced concrete.

secondly, saying that it is not kinetic energy is wrong, because something that is used in the test is potential energy, and as we know potential energy is equivalent to kinetic energy, so the energy that comes from the calculation results above is kinetic energy, and you have to remember that determining velocity from kinetic energy is something that is not accepted at this site.

third about pulverization and fragmentations, the reason why you say it's not pulverization comes from your assumption that you think it's a misrepresentation where you can't prove it's true, then you keep saying there are big chunks when I've proven it's not big.

I will accept your opinion if your opinion can be proven and there is a clear reason why your opinion is correct, for now I will stick with my stance because I think your opinion is unreasonable.

There are some things that I disagree with from your statements.

first of all to say it's just normal concrete just because we can't see the rebar or the character doesn't destroy the rebar is something wrong, in testing the stresses that reinforced concrete can withstand, either by compressive strength or tensile strength, the test will stop when the the reinforced concrete is fractured even if it's only small crack the test will be stoped (you can watch some video about it), that means the value obtained from the test comes from the fracture of the part you call "normal concrete" in reinforced concrete, meaning that if a character only makes small cracks in a reinforced concrete, we still have to use the destructive value of reinforced concrete ,and actually we have to do additional calculations for the rebar if a character completely destroys the entire reinforced concrete.
Problem is, there's no rebar to see in the panels, and your scans make it difficult to determine whether the damaged portion actually belong to those tall pillars or not.

secondly, saying that it is not kinetic energy is wrong, because something that is used in the test is potential energy, and as we know potential energy is equivalent to kinetic energy, so the energy that comes from the calculation results above is kinetic energy, and you have to remember that determining velocity from kinetic energy is something that is not accepted at this site.
Irrelevant to the point at hand when we're now discussing the severity of the destruction.

third about pulverization and fragmentations, the reason why you say it's not pulverization comes from your assumption that you think it's a misrepresentation where you can't prove it's true, then you keep saying there are big chunks when I've proven it's not big.
I don't have to, Occam's razor does it for me. Guy kicks into wall and sends several large fragments flying into the distance, pillars are just normal concrete with no rebar in sight, think of it like normal concrete walls.

Here's an excerpt from our Calculations page:

Fragmentation: Applied when the matter that was destroyed was turned into fairly large and distinguishable pieces.

Pulverization: Applied when the matter that was destroyed was turned to dust.

Your feat fits the first category, for it to qualify for pulv., all of the material needs to be turned to dust, there cannot be even a single sized pebble remaining.

I will accept your opinion if your opinion can be proven and there is a clear reason why your opinion is correct, for now I will stick with my stance because I think your opinion is unreasonable.
I've already explained why your assumptions for the level of destruction and material used are wrong after being given assistance from other members but if you don't wanna budge from it I can request another calc member to look at it.

Last edited:
Problem is, there's no rebar to see in the panels, and your scans make it difficult to determine whether the damaged portion actually belong to those tall pillars or not.
even if we can't see the rebar we should still assume that the pillars of the building are made of concrete especially a pillar on that size. @GreatIskandar14045 has sent the chapter above if you want to know more.

Irrelevant to the point at hand when we're now discussing the severity of the destruction.
We have discussed about KE above, Just want to tell you and @GreatIskandar14045 that it is right to call it KE.

Your feat fits the first category, for it to qualify for pulv., all of the material needs to be turned to dust, there cannot be even a single sized pebble remaining.
No, it's not what it means.

it never stated that all of the materials need to be turned to dust,as long as there something turned to dust, it's can be called pulverization,and even it's still right to calculate the part that got pulverized and the part that got fragmented separately and combine the results after.
I've already explained why your assumptions for the level of destruction and material used are wrong after being given assistance from other members but if you don't wanna budge from it I can request another calc member to look at
I just think your statement doesn't make sense, let's end this because if it continues like this this debate will not end, it's good if the admin wants to give a little comment.

even if we can't see the rebar we should still assume that the pillars of the building are made of concrete especially a pillar on that size. @GreatIskandar14045 has sent the chapter above if you want to know more.
Even if it was, you'd need evidence to show the rebar was destroyed, as I once suggested using reinforced concrete for a calc of a similar feat and Bambu suggested against it, saying that the rebar was more or less untouched and it was just the concrete that was smashed.

We have discussed about KE above, Just want to tell you and @GreatIskandar14045 that it is right to call it KE.
Not sure how that's relevant to finding out the severity of the destruction anymore tho?

No, it's not what it means.

it never stated that all of the materials need to be turned to dust,as long as there something turned to dust, it's can be called pulverization,and even it's still right to calculate the part that got pulverized and the part that got fragmented separately and combine the results after.
You might wanna read that carefully. It explicitly states "when the matter that was destroyed was turned to dust".

It doesn't have to explicitly include "all", it's pretty evident that by "destroyed" it by default means "all the material".

At this point it'd be semantics, otherwise every single frag feat we have would involve some sort of pulverization just because it had some dust cloud.

Once again, just because a dust cloud forms from shattering a large object into large pieces doesn't mean pulv is the right answer for this.

I just think your statement doesn't make sense, let's end this because if it continues like this this debate will not end, it's good if the admin wants to give a little comment.
Cool, I've already contacted Bambu, who is both a calc member and admin, and has had experience with feats like these before, even more so than me.

saying that the rebar was more or less untouched and it was just the concrete that was smashed.
first of all to say it's just normal concrete just because we can't see the rebar or the character doesn't destroy the rebar is something wrong, in testing the stresses that reinforced concrete can withstand, either by compressive strength or tensile strength, the test will stop when the the reinforced concrete is fractured even if it's only small crack the test will be stoped (you can watch some video about it), that means the value obtained from the test comes from the fracture of the part you call "normal concrete" in reinforced concrete, meaning that if a character only makes small cracks in a reinforced concrete, we still have to use the destructive value of reinforced concrete ,and actually we have to do additional calculations for the rebar if a character completely destroys the entire reinforced concrete. (I copied my previous comment)

It doesn't have to explicitly include "all", it's pretty evident that by "destroyed" it by default means "all the material".
why do you think so when we use the destruction value of 1 cubic centimeters of some material as a reference for doing calculations. shouldn't we think of "the matter that got destroyed" as 1cm³ part of the matter that was destroyed and not the whole thing?.
At this point it'd be semantics, otherwise every single frag feat we have would involve some sort of pulverization just because it had some dust cloud
the reason why we ignored it is because it just a small part,and it won't change the results that much,just like how I Ignored the small fragments.

Cool, I've already contacted Bambu, who is both a calc member and admin, and has had experience with feats like these before, even more so than me
Yeah let's end it here.

first of all to say it's just normal concrete just because we can't see the rebar or the character doesn't destroy the rebar is something wrong, in testing the stresses that reinforced concrete can withstand, either by compressive strength or tensile strength, the test will stop when the the reinforced concrete is fractured even if it's only small crack the test will be stoped (you can watch some video about it), that means the value obtained from the test comes from the fracture of the part you call "normal concrete" in reinforced concrete, meaning that if a character only makes small cracks in a reinforced concrete, we still have to use the destructive value of reinforced concrete ,and actually we have to do additional calculations for the rebar if a character completely destroys the entire reinforced concrete. (I copied my previous comment)
Like I said, I tried recommending reinforced concrete for a Fast and Furious calc once, Bambu said no because no rebar was there.

why do you think so when we use the destruction value of 1 cubic centimeters of some material as a reference for doing calculations. shouldn't we think of "the matter that got destroyed" as 1cm³ part of the matter that was destroyed and not the whole thing?.
You do realize that it was referring to every single cm^3 being needed to be turned to dust to qualify for applying pulv on it, yeah?

Sure, exceptions exist where 50/50, 75/25 of the stuff gets fragged/v fragged/pulv'd/vaped or whatever, and other factors come into play, but those are different from this feat.

the reason why we ignored it is because it just a small part,and it won't change the results that much,just like how I Ignored the small fragments.
The small, more visible fragments take priority over the insignificant dust clouds that would likely have no meaning on the yield anyway because such a tiny sliver of it got turned to dust.

So... is the argument just over whether this is fragmentation or pulverization? If small chunks are left, then it would be fragmentation. End of story.

So... is the argument just over whether this is fragmentation or pulverization? If small chunks are left, then it would be fragmentation. End of story.
That and Tinodesu is proposing we use reinforced concrete instead of normal concrete even though there's no rebar visible, this was his response as to why we should use reinforced concrete instead of normal concrete.

Last edited:
Oh, yeah, no, that's just not how rebar works. The reinforcement makes concrete stronger all throughout, which would be plain enough to see if you compare the values for normal concrete vs reinforced concrete.

Oh, yeah, no, that's just not how rebar works. The reinforcement makes concrete stronger all throughout, which would be plain enough to see if you compare the values for normal concrete vs reinforced concrete.
So uh, use normal concrete then?

That's my opinion, yes, if no rebar is showing where it ought to.

According to your statement if small chunks are left it would be fragmentation,then tell me how this calc can be accepted as pulverization : Dave & Baji Keisuke .

It just unreasonable to call it fragmentation because there is a small chunks left and ignore the part that turned to dust,I would agree if the part that turned to dust is only 5% but if it's over 50% I don't think we can ignore it.

Last edited:
According to your statement if small chunks are left it would be fragmentation,then tell me how this calc can be accepted as pulverization : Dave & Baji Keisuke .
The first one is compressive strength, pressing a crater into the ground. Same deal for the second one. Compressive strength, little to no debris.

There was a similar crater-pressing-in feat and Ugarik, a former calc group member, said that feats like this would actually use compressive strength AKA pulverization.

Pulverization energy is based on compressive strength, even though using compressive strength is a low-ball and the true method for turning things into dust would be the infamous powder factor used in rock-blasting (Which isn't really readily available for anything other than rock) which would wield crazy-insanely high results, compressive strength worked as a compromise since it was readily available for all materials.

Last edited:
Back