• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About All Might being High 7-A

VersusJunkie54 said:
So? He still drew in clouds with his smash.
Unless you're trying to propose a downgrade, then prehaps the reasoning should be changed?
But well we don't see any clounds at all and we also have no idea about the height\mass\amount etc of the clouds,which the calc try to assume

Ryope said:
VersusJunkie54 said:
So? He still drew in clouds with his smash.
Unless you're trying to propose a downgrade, then prehaps the reasoning should be changed?
But well we don't see any clounds at all and we also have no idea about the height\mass\amount etc of the clouds,which the calc try to assume
You can't have rain without clouds. That is obvious. And we make reasonable asumptions based on averages.

You can depending on where the water is coming from. If it is just lake water sent flying from an updraft, than it clearly acts as rain with no clouds.

ProfessorLord said:
You can depending on where the water is coming from. If it is just lake water sent flying from an updraft, than it clearly acts as rain with no clouds.
No, that is extremely unlikely to happen. Especially in an urban enviorment. All Might drew in the clouds via air- manipulation with his smash.

The downgrade ain't happening people. Please drop it.

VersusJunkie54 said:
Ryope said:
You can't have rain without clouds. That is obvious. And we make reasonable asumptions based on averages.
In the calc from what i see(the one with High 7-A) the guy used scene from the anime in order to calc the horizon distance(14.6 km),although there is noting in the manga which suggest such thing

Ryope said:
VersusJunkie54 said:
Ryope said:
In the calc from what i see(the one with High 7-A) the guy used scene from the anime in order to calc the horizon distance(14.6 km),although there is noting in the manga which suggest such thing
The horizon distance is based off the height of the observer. There's nothing suggesting the rain was confined to one small area either. Thus, it can be assumed the clouds must've stretched that distance.

Please drop this nonsense

The gorizion distance is based off the height of the observer. There's nothing suggesting the rain was confined to one small area either. Thus, it can be assumed the cloouds must've stretched that distance.
Please drop this nonsense
This is base on the anime,which irrelevant

Noting suggest that it was big one in the manga

The Manga and Anime scene are literally the exact same. We just use the timeframe of the anime since it is avalible.

Nothing suggests it was confined to a local area. The horizion as per the observer height extends to 14.6 Km. Thus, the rain and clouds probably do as well.

Anyways, Therefir and Reppuzan are coming to reinforce my debunk.

We can't that it was suddenly drawn in from a nearby body of water because there was no body of water nearby in the middle of a city.

The onlookers also explicitly state that All Might made it rain and you can't have rain without thunderclouds.

It's also far from unreasonable given that All Might punched Noumu in a different scene hard enough to send it through a cloud and keep going even though he was weakening from having passed One For All to Izuku.

Reppuzan said:
We can't that it was suddenly drawn in from a nearby body of water because there was no body of water nearby in the middle of a city.

The onlookers also explicitly state that All Might made it rain and you can't have rain without thunderclouds.

It's also far from unreasonable given that All Might punched Noumu in a different scene hard enough to send it through a cloud and keep going even though he was weakening from having passed One For All to Izuku.
Wasn't sending Nomu through clouds something that only happened in the anime?

@Andy

Ah, you're right. I guess I liked the anime version so much that I remember it a lot better. But to be fair, we never actually see where Noumu lands (if he lands) in the manga either.

Reppuzan said:
@Andy

But to be fair, we never actually see where Noumu lands (if he lands) in the manga either.
Didn't he land in a forest many kilometers away? iirc

@Andy

Wow, somehow I'm on vacation and my brain is still muddled, you're right.

I still don't think it's an outlier because All Might still has other Tier 7 feats even as he's gradually weakening up to the point of his retirement.

I also don't think it is an outlier. I mean he only has a handful of AP feats (i think no more than 4 to 5) so it's hardly inconsistent.

Andytrenom said:
Reppuzan said:
@Andy

But to be fair, we never actually see where Noumu lands (if he lands) in the manga either.
Didn't he land in a forest many kilometers away? iirc
No All Might just sent him 400 meter away

I'm sorry but did you watch the video?

Detriot Smash Sky
Clear skies

Detriot Smash Stormy Sky
The sky behind Mount Lady has thunderclouds

Detriot Smash Light Background
Background is light

Detriot Smash Dark Background
Then the background darkens

@Ryope

Nomu broke the cloud line. He is FAR more than 400 meters away even if he comes almost straight down.

That's right 400 meters, i misremembered. Anyway back to the downgrade, he definitely drew in a thunderstorm in the manga because it is honestly the most logical assumption.

@Ryope

That manga panel proves nothing and doesn't tell me literally anything.

How is it filler? The same scenes happen in the manga; the anime scenes just give us quantifiable values.

This seems to be a misunderstanding of our policies regarding anime feats and their canonicity. I think it would be best if someone clarifies when exactly things from the anime should be used and when they shouldn't.

Andytrenom said:
This seems to be a misunderstanding of our policies regarding anime feats and their canonicity. I think it would be best if someone clarifies when exactly things from the anime should be used and when they shouldn't.
When the scene is the same, we can the anime

Back