• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About Absorption, Regenerationn and how they interact

Kaltias

VS Battles
Retired
So, I was told that apparently we assume that absorption bypasses regen, and it doesn't matter what the degree of the regen is, because you are becoming a part of the one who absorbs.

I can see the logic behind that, but there is an issue.

Say that you have a Low-Godly regenerator, and someone absorbs their body. No effect on the soul, body only.

What exactly prevents the soul from making a new body? The old one is gone, so it can do what Low-Godly does due to its textbook definition, aka remaking a physical form.

The way absorbing someone negates regen, is by absorbing them beyond what they regen from, that's it.

TL;DR Absorption shouldn't bypass regen beyond what it has shown/what its mechanic imply

Thoughts?

Kal change "Regenerationn bypasses regen" to "absorption bypasses regen"

I agree with the op, but are you trying to make this a note on the absorption page or are you just asking for opinions on how it should be treated?

Ninja'd ovo

I only want opinions. It's mostly a vs thread thing that came up and I wanted to avoid derail

I agree, if only the physical body is absorbed then that should not prevent Godly Regenerationn.

You are right,nothing stops a person with low-godly regen from creating another body.Only if a character absorbs a soul and physicall body at the same time they can't regen.(unless they also have soul absorption resistence).

in fact, there is only one situation where the absorption can bypass Regen:

• For example, a thing that erases the existence of everything it absorbs can bypass Mid Godly because, Mid Godly will regenerate the body but it will still be erased since you regen where you have been erased so you are trapped and condemned to to be erased indefinitely

@Ex

It was a general thing as well.

For example, absorbing body and soul wouldn't bypass Mid-Godly unless stated or shown (like the SGDL)

@Dodo

That falls under the "mechanics that imply bypassing regen"

Wouldn't this apply to things like sealing and whatnot as well? As long as you're only getting the physical form the soul can do whatever, right?

Gargoyle One said:
The same can be said for Transmutation and petrification as well
Neither of those destroys your body though. They affect the physical form to incapacitate it.

If I absorb your body,it's gone.

@Jobbo

I wouldn't assume so.

If I seal your body, your soul remains inside the body that is otherwise intact (unless you can pull your soul out of your body I suppose).

? In the body.

Now I ask you why you would assume that the soul also become a part of the absorber

"absorbing body and soul wouldn't bypass Mid-Godly unless stated or shown"

But the soul isn't destroyed,it is absorbed.It still remains but you can not control or feel it.For example,Nagato after absorbing a soul from an enemy stores it in King oF Hell.

Neither of those destroys your body though. They affect the physical form to incapacitate it.

If I absorb your body,it's gone.

I'm talking about people arguing Low Godly beating Petrification or transmutation, as I've heard from.....A certain someone in this thread...

@Dzhin

The main point is that it doesn't matter.

Absorbing the soul of a Mid-Godly regenerator is like absorbing the physical form of someone with Low-Godly

I agree with this. Absorbing the body of a Low-Godly won't kill him/her, and absorbing every echo of a Mid-Godly won't kill him/her.

I feel like it should be mentioned there can be exceptions, such as Majin Buu's Absorption where it keeps the character alive within, instead of incorporating as a sort of fusion like most absorptions. (If you understand where I'm getting at.)

@Kal I'd assume that absorbing someone's body doesn't leave the essence at the point at which the body was absorbed, and that instead it follows the physical matter into the other being. Whether the soul becomes "a part" of this other being however I can't say.

@SomebodyData Yep my argument is pretty much born out of Buu. Though I can't remember if Goku and Vegeta were running around as miniature versions of themselves or if they were something more supernatural like in Buu's mind or soul.

@SD

Of course.

@Dzhin

Depends from the mechanics of the sealing and the regen. But unless it involves destroying you, probably not

@Myriad

I mean maybe, but unless it remains as a part of the absorber, the soul can just make a new body out of them.

The moment the body is absorbed, it's functionally destroyed, kinda like if it was eaten and digested.

It becomes even more evident when you are talking about something like being a concept and having Mid-Godly due to that.

@Myriad I think they were just miniature, given they got out and became big afterward, didn't they? Though like I said, this would be considered the exception (I don't think this form of absorption is common)

@Kalt there is another case or steal the soul can bypass Godly Regen:

• I will take the example of Mistress 9, She can steal your soul and leave it intact in the body, you're just a prisoner You are inactive and give power to her, and you can not act (unless you have Astral Plane feat like saturn)

@Kal

Yeah I can honestly see how a soul would want to be in a vessel they can actually control rather then being stuck in one that they can't.

Alphamon's seal doesn't kill you, it just purges your soul (even if you notably lack one) and seals you into the very fabric of reality for all eternity.

I agree with low-godly and physical absorption(To an extent..because some absorbtions work differently).

Mid-Godly and soul absorption is kinda shaky (I guess it depends on how the two interact with each other. Mid-Godly is by far the widest tier when it comes to regen and absorption/sealing has many different applications as well).

Holyhotsauce said:
Question: Can Lavos' absorption bypass Mid-Godly?
So according to the thread, Lavos absorption is Nerfed unless the absorption of lavos also absorbs the soul and the consciousness so that it is part of it (without killing them)

Back