• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Abhorrent Beast vs Smaug

Jackythejack

They/Them
having two monstrous beings fight is always fun. Let's see what happens when the last surviving dragon takes on the Abhorrent Beast of...Bloodborne I think I didn't check I'm tired. Speed is equalized. Fight takes place in New York so everyone is panicked.

Smaug

Abhorrent Beast

Smaug is slightly weaker than the beast as he scales 11 kilotons to while the beast scales to 14 kilotons, but, just like Ceaseless Discharge, he fires building sized AoEs of the Abhorrent Beast's weakness plus he has the added benefit of flying. Voting Smaug due to his intelligence, flight, and just using the Beast weakness in general.

Smaug should take this handily. Not only does he breathe the thing that Abhorrent is weak to, Smaug is way more intelligent. I don't see a way Abhorrent wins this.

I mean besides the AP advantage, Abhorrent gets outclassed in every other department. I don't think it's a stomp, but it is very, very, decisive.

I'd say so. Unlike Ceaseless Smaug can take flight to avoid everything Abhorrent has and can just flame from outside his effective range.

I feel like Smaug's arrogance could allow the Beast to get close, and the beast destroys in melee combat; but I could see this also being a stomp so it's up to what everyone else thinks (which seems to be stomp).

I mean

Doesn't Smaug just sorta fly around and nuke the locale

I don't think so, since in theory Smaug might get close and Abhorrent would attack from there. But Smaug takes it incredibly easily given Abhorrent's massive weakness to fire.

So yeah, voting Smaug.

God I hate Fandom, can we switch to a site that doesn't just randomly eat my comments?

Personally I think think it's a stomp, but if I'm alone on that, then count me for Smaug I guess.

Always copy your comments before sending them. I always send them to my notes app then post it to make sure it won't get obliterated. (Unless it's a small comment like this one).

I know that's proabbly true but I made this at kignight and I was tired and provided poor judgement.

Maybe the living failures would work (if the opponent changes). Smaug somewhat saw through invisibility before so that shouldn't get in the way of that match.

It's been a bit since I read the book but if IIRC he just knew bilbo was around not really where he was and did it through scent.

I'm with Weekly here. Abhorrent should be changed to pretty much anything that isn't a beast.

WeeklyBattles said:
There are many, MANY more Bloodborne bosses that would have been a fairer fight
This is true, but I don't see this as a stomp.

@Ovens Aren't they both beasts?

@Bambu I'm very curious as to why. Smaug's range advantage + flight + breathing Abhorrent's weakness screams stomp, to me at least.

Because Smaug only abuses range advantage for a finite amount of time. IIRC he came down to greet the archer once he had a challenge, and Abhorrent is only somewhat weak to fire.

Laurence specifically resists fire because he's, you know, on fire. Ludwig is actually intelligent and has ranged options in the form of the Holy Moonlight Sword.

And, to be clear, Ludwig has ranged attacks and Lawrence is practically immune to fire damage what with being made of mostly lava.

Mr. Bambu said:
Because Smaug only abuses range advantage for a finite amount of time. IIRC he came down to greet the archer once he had a challenge, and Abhorrent is only somewhat weak to fire.
There is no reason Smaug wouldn't spam fire from the air. IIRC when he greeted the archer he belived his soft underbelly to be completely protected. As soon as Aborrent damages him once he's back in the sky raining hell from above. It has been a few years since I read the book though so I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

>Only Somewhat weak to fire

>Also said the beast is massively weak to fire

Bruh make up your mind lol

WeeklyBattles said:
>Only Somewhat weak to fire
>Also said the beast is massively weak to fire

Bruh make up your mind lol
astounding hearing that coming from you and not at you for once

Massive enough to make a difference, low enough to make it fair.

@Apies That's fine, but we still see the one actual combat scenario Smaug engaged in being taken to the ground so he could fight his opponent. Dragons are a proud species. Abusing range is out of character.

Back