• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So Abeloth smashes Son and Daughter casually... how would this scale to the top tiers in SW like Luke and Sidious?

o.o she very much believed her force powers would be (at their peak) able to destroy the Galaxy.

Who knows, but according to the video, (we have no real sources other than just "the EU") she might be anywhere from massively above all the Force users put together, casually, or just high enough to the point where she does not appear to struggle.

Like playing with a blaster bolt or Force Lightning in her fingers is hax even for Star Wars. She is a manipulator of some form.

SoyHop said:
Who knows, but according to the video, (we have no real sources other than just "the EU") she might be anywhere from massively above all the Force users put together, casually, or just high enough to the point where she does not appear to struggle.
We know that she's at least "12x" as strong as Luke and Krayt combined according to in-story writing.

They said a dozen. Not the number 12. Although that's what that term means, it's used as a figurative language euphomism very often.

SoyHop said:
They said a dozen. Not the number 12. Although that's what that term means, it's used as a figurative language euphomism very often.
True but it may be a good base line to judge her at for a "what-if" / low end.

You should probably ask The Everlasting about this.

Perhaps the statement "At least" could be attached to Abeloth's tiering, although the video in the op also mentions ttahat Abeloth was sealed by the combined powers of the other family members.

As for how this would scale to Luke, I would write it down as...

Attack Potency: At least Low 5-B, possibly 4-C

• Low 5-B rating is due to scaling from Vitate, Platatine, etc.
  • 4-C rating is due to Luke matching Abeloth, although there were parts where physical attacks were involved, with Luke grappling with Abeloth as well as Krayt digging his fingers in Abeloth's stomach and stuff. Force Essence or something.
  • Luke also tanked a force lightning from Abeloth and shrugged it off, if that has any relevance.
I am guessing you guys are okay with Abeloth's current tiering atm.

The description of the duel is written here.

Yea, let's wait for Ever.

@Lina It may be an outlier, if it contradicts Luke's general level too much.

Luke had reached a sort of peak in his power during the fight with Abeloth, and afterwards kinda vanishes from the EU (For the most part, as Legacy is a massive timeskip) IIRC, so it isn't particularly contradicted by him fighting weaker opponents, especially when it's repeatedly established that Luke >>>>>>> All Force Users.

So yeah, the scaling to Abeloth is legit.

Since my computer's kinda messing up right now and can't watch videos, anyone mind summarizing what the video in the OP mentions?

Well, it may be warranted with an extra key for Luke's profile then.

He summarizes Abeloth's backstory, gives way to show how much stronger she is than The Ones. Explicit feats ho like this:

• After the main story (years after RotJ) she comes into the foreground and begins making mass havoc of levels not previously seen (soloing Sith, Jedi, twirling blaster bolts and Force lightning in her hands), being stated to be stronger than Vitiate and Sidious, as well as Luke and most other top tiers, even when working together.
  • For instance, when Luke and Krayt team up and do their best to defeat her. All but their best efforts seem to barely be just enough to stop her.
  • OP also quotes a few times how "Luke felt she was 12 times (likely his interpretation of the word 'dozen', which means 12 to some people, like in the States a dozen donuts is a 3x4 box. It's a common numerical thing here, and maybe elsewhere) stronger than he was. Only barely using his full power to just keep himself from being Force choked to death by her.
  • He also suggests she is some type of nonphysical being. As literally a part of the Force itself.

@Ant

Yeah, probably. Titled "Fate of the Jedi". It scaling to Krayt I think is an outlier, though, since he was matched (And I believe fatally wounded) by Cade Skywalker afterwards.

@Soy

Plus, according to her backstory, she easily overpowered both the Son and the Daughter at the same time, with only the Father breaking her hold on them and fleeing the world, surrounding it with black holes to keep her trapped.

I'm also pretty sure Abeloth, like the Ones, has Mid-Godly Regenerationn and conceptual existence, as their existence is tied to the Force itself (The Son and Abeloth are Darkness, the Daughter is Light and the Father is Balance).

@Ever: I thought that while the Son and Daughter represented Dark and Light, while the Father and Abeloth represnted Balance and Chaos?

That said, I'm not sure if Abeloth should be rated as she is rated now, as there was no mention/showing of her generating enough energy to destroy a star. By Luke's statements of Abeloth being dozen times stronger than him, it seems like Abeloth's tiering should scale to Luke's current tiering, which is Low 5-B. If Abeloth was truly rated 4-C, I really don't think that Luke and Krayt would have had survived the engagement.

Perhaps Abeloth's rating should be changed to...

Attack Potency: At least Small Planet level, likely far higher

• Small Planet level for being over a dozen times stronger than Luke.
  • "far higher" statement is there because there was no actual limit specific in regards to Abeloth's powers.
What do you think Everlasting?

@Lina

Well, it may have been Chaos, I just said Darkness because I was a bit tired at the time.

Read it more closely,

"They're also noted to have wielded the Force "in ways no known mortals of the Galaxy can" and that they were "more powerful with the Force than any Jedi have seen before" [0:28 seconds, placing them above the likes of Aleema Keto commanding the power of Naga Sadow's Corsair, a mortal that achieved such power through the functions of Sith Sorcery (regardless of artificial means, this is power achieveable by mortal hands) and whose power in the Force at the time was witnessed by a collection of Jedi"

Hence, she and the Ones scale to this. As I said, I feel Krayt being there is an outlier for him, as he was later inconvenienced by Cade Skywalker. Luke on the other hand, is pretty consistently established as being >>> all other Force Users, and as Soy said, the dozens of times feels like figurative language that's pretty common in fiction.

Luke would get the "likely much higher" removed and replaced with a new key for Fate of the Jedi with the tier of "At least Star level, likely much higher (Capable of harming Abeloth with his Force blasts)", same with durability with amps, the reason being "Tanked a blast of Force Lightning from Abeloth and merely shrugged it off".

Abeloth's tier stays how it is, and as I said, Krayt doesn't get scaling and it's an outlier for him.

We'll wait for SoyHop and see what he thinks, although I think he'll be okay with the tiering changes.

Star level Luke? Jesus.

I have wondered for a while on why Luke didn't had a 4-C rank on his profile when he was said to take on Abeloth. Like we have the speed rating of him keeping up with her, just not the tier rating itself. So i agree with having Luke being Star level for this.

After going back and reading that, I do agree with putting Luke, in this story, on that level. It is appropriate and in the EU, like Ever said, he is far higher than all other Jedi and Sith. His place in those stories is meant to be seen as a top tier, and considering he was given so much trouble with Abeloth, and still, at his best managed to defeat her, it is reasonable he would scale so highly.

Okay. I suppose that this seems reasonable.

Summarizing this up:

Tier: Low 5-B | At least 4-C, likely much higher

Attack Potency: Small Planet level (Stronger than Darth Sidious, who is considered the most powerful Sith lord via word of God) | At least Star level, likely much higher (Capable of harming Abeloth with his Force blasts)

Durability: Small Planet level with Force Amplification | Star level, likely higher with Force Amplification

Key: Legends | Fate of the Jedi (EU)

Would these revised keys for Luke be okay?

Archnyx said:
Wasn't Abeloth's power divided among her different entities during her fight with Luke?
iirc i dont remember it stating that, because she was hugely superior to Luke and Krayt during their fight with her.

Since this thread seems to have been solved, should we close it?

@Archnys: It would make that much of a difference as Abeloth's full power is already vastly above the likes of conventional Jedi/Sith.

Splitting herself would divide her powers significantly, but not enough to drop an entire tier.

Anyways, since the thread has been solved, I will be closing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back