• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A young male robot senses the upcoming instance could be disadvantageous

Considering how reckless astro is, I'll switch to Sans as well.

Changing to Sans. He could have used his special attack against Flowey tho.

DMUA said:
Astro has no soul to attack, there's no way Sans could hurt him. Although, he could probably outlast Astro, since he's prone to overexert himself, resulting in incapacitation. Considering how Sans can go for an extremely long time against Chara, he could probably pull it off.
Undertale attacks don't rely on the opponent possesing a soul, although almost all of them can use soul manipulation to help them in battle. For example, Undyne physically gave the human a sore eye upon contact with her spear(s), Undyne destroying a bridge with her attacks, Mettaton destroying a portion of the wall in Alphys' lab, etc. I doubt that Sans' attacks or any other Undertale attacks would be very different, so Astro lacking a soul would most likely not stop Sans from hurting him.

Sans can damage enemies without a soul. I don't know how much clearer it has to be. He beat Flowey, a being with no soul, with soul manip. And of course it ignores durability, he wouldn't have beaten Flowey otherwise.
Flowey is a flower which use projectiles to attack, Wall level is morre than enough to kill him, the best that could be said is Toriel extremely casual attack.

Flowey's profile is still rank as unknown, but he should be able to kill base Undyne if he fought Sans.

Anonimoe7875 said:
Sans can damage enemies without a soul. I don't know how much clearer it has to be. He beat Flowey, a being with no soul, with soul manip. And of course it ignores durability, he wouldn't have beaten Flowey otherwise.
Flowey is a flower which use projectiles to attack, Wall level is morre than enough to kill him, the best that could be said is Toriel extremely casual attack.
If you ignore the fact that he would've had to kill every other monster in the underground just to fight sans.

@Starryknight Out of curiosity, why are you using this version of Astro?

The time travel of the Omega Factor version would have been cool considering who Astro only uses it to solve errors.

If you ignore the fact that he would've had to kill every other monster in the underground just to fight sans.
Flowey could just keep loading until he dodged every attack, we don't know if he either dodged/blocked/tanked attacks, everything is just assumptions.

Anonimoe7875 said:
Flowey could just keep loading until he dodged every attack, we don't know if he either dodged/blocked/tanked attacks, everything is just assumptions.
flowey did every ending so they probably killed sans whitout one kill on their belt. but sans still gave them problems. and undyne proves soul attack work in real world objects

flowey did every ending so they probably killed sans whitout one kill on their belt. but sans still gave them problems. and undyne proves soul attack work in real world objects
Did I said he needed LV to kill Sans?

No, Undyne just attacked normal physical objects which is something everyone can do.

Anonimoe7875 said:
No, Undyne spears are also clearly physical and objects don't have souls...
undynes magic is soul magic. it IS phisical, and it proves every other ones are as well. if you disagree make a content revision

undynes magic is soul magic. it IS phisical, and it proves every other ones are as well. if you disagree make a content revision
Objects don't have souls to soul manipulation work on them, why is this so hard to understand?

You should be the one doing a CRT, since there isn't anything like that in the profiles.

Anonimoe7875 said:
Objects don't have souls to soul manipulation work on them, why is ths is so hard to understand?

You should be the one doing a CRT, since there isn't anything like that in the profiles.
i... agree. i was arguing with a guy who said he couldent use it on a soulles being. must have mixed you up

(Joke Comment) Kid Franklin Richards suddenly appears and erases both from existence.

Anyway being serious... I think Astro Boy just outlasts Sans. Astro Boy literally doesn't have a soul to attack anyway... Astro probably can blow up the bones and dodge the gaster blasters(People should realize that they have to charge for a few seconds).Then eventully outlast Ses and shoot him...There's my vote for Astro Boy

Lord Vader54 said:
(Joke Comment) Kid Franklin Richards suddenly appears and erases both from existence.

Anyway being serious... I think Astro Boy just outlasts Sans. Astro Boy literally doesn't have a soul to attack anyway... Astro probably can blow up the bones and dodge the gaster blasters(People should realize that they have to charge for a few seconds).Then eventully outlast Ses and shoot him...There's my vote for Astro Boy
Gaster Blasters don't really need to charge, as shown in his first and final attack. Finally, it doesn't matter if they do need to charge, considering he often uses one to force you into the path of an oncoming blast. Astro can't blow up bones that are magical in nature and strike your soul as opposed to your physical form.

Noahkaismith said:
. Astro can't blow up bones that are magical in nature and strike your soul as opposed to your physical form.
undynes magic was stopped by the floor., and while i think sanses magic may just go through it, there is no real proof

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Noahkaismith said:
. Astro can't blow up bones that are magical in nature and strike your soul as opposed to your physical form.
undynes magic was stopped by the floor., and while i think sanses magic may just go through it, there is no real proof
Other then the fact that they travel right through you after hitting you unlike every other attack in the game.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
The Wright Way said:
Other then the fact that they travel right through you after hitting you unlike every other attack in the game.
the soul isnt considered phisical.
But Undertale Soul attacks still hit the physical body as Toriel notices brusies on your body in the ruins if you got hit but hadn't healed yet.

The Wright Way said:
But Undertale Soul attacks still hit the physical body as Toriel notices brusies on your body in the ruins if you got hit but hadn't healed yet.
yers, and it had shown to be stopped by hitting the ground. also, frisks body ispart of the SOUL, as its the very culmination of a person

Ricsi-viragosi said:
The Wright Way said:
yers, and it had shown to be stopped by hitting the ground. also, frisks body ispart of the SOUL, as its the very culmination of a person
Every other attacks stops when it hits you but sans's attacks don't. They go through you while still doing damage.

The Wright Way said:
Ricsi-viragosi said:
The Wright Way said:
yers, and it had shown to be stopped by hitting the ground. also, frisks body ispart of the SOUL, as its the very culmination of a perso
Every other attacks stops when it hits you but sans's attacks don't. They go through you while still doing damage.
Correct me if I'm wrong.... Isn't Pretty much every Undertale attack set entirely soul based? And the fight against Sans is in a Judgement Hall which has a ceiling and floor. The bones come out of the ground and sky.The floor and ceiling are in those areas It's still debateable if Undertale Magic is even Physical.... Mostly because your playing as a floating heart in your game.

Back