• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A world without numbers.

This might be a silly question but meh, as stated, how would be our universe without numbers?

What could happen, if someone erase the concept of numbers (Aside from not studying math anymore), if the answer is to obvious, then a shot this thread directly to the head.

Also, what Tier could be that person?

Only concept manipulation and math manipulation and probably universe lvl ap via hax

Mathematics doesnt dictate the universe just like how the word house dont dictates the real thing .Math is both a feature of the human mind and the universe .We humans created the concept of math and the universe provided the content

Tl;dr : erasing number wont do anything to the universe, number is a man made concept used to describe or explained the universe.Like if you erase the concept of words the things we described with words wont cease to exist

as Sandman31 said. numbers is just our way to describe nature.

but maybe what OP meant is concept of 'quantity' probably? I think it'd have same result as erasing laws of physics honestly. that is, either universe would be ripped apart or turned to nothing.

it'd be like if someone decided to make gravity in the universe all have negative value... only much worse...

Well, what I mean it was more something the concept of "numbering", something like "quantity" as said Palae.

If something like quantity didn't exist, how would you describe things such a distance (I'm getting out of the line dx).

Newendigo said:
If something like quantity didn't exist, how would you describe things such a distance (I'm getting out of the line dx).

maybe it'd be the same if you change 'distance constant' to zero? that is, everything would get stuffed into one 'coordinates', essentially you just created a blackhole using all the mass/energy of the observable universe

^ pretty much this

everything would only be able to exist as a singularity, and maybe not even that unless there were some level of underlying reality.

So basically, everything in the universe (Matter, energy) would get... stuck/compressed all together in a single place?

Without dimensions or a beyond-dimensional complexity, essentially yes. Unless there were some other manner of quantifying things/separating things from other things. This is more of a philosophical question than a tiering one.

However, if they were compressed and could not have dimension, they would be 0 dimensional (11-C) or incapable of affecting other beings without hax (possibly N/A). If they used some other system than numbers, it could either be Unknown or 1-A.

Aeyu said:
^ pretty much this
everything would only be able to exist as a singularity, and maybe not even that unless there were some level of underlying reality.

well, only concept of 'quantity/number' got erased. so I think law underlying workings of blackhole would work just fine.

Newendigo said:
So basically, everything in the universe (Matter, energy) would get... stuck/compressed all together in a single place?
yep

If the concepts of quantity and numbers didn't exist, neither would a black hole, since there would be no dimensions for the black hole to exert gravity through/on, nor particle/force reactions which allow them to exist. There would only be a 0 dimensional singularity, or like I said above. Anyway, physics themselves break down within a black hole.

@Aeyu welp, I forgot about dimensions. anyway, you're right, it'd be zero-dimensional or maybe dimensionless since '0' or 'zero' would not exist too.

That's why I said possibly N/A like Pokey Minch, though the rationale would be because they couldn't affect anything, unless they were beyond dimensions. Essentially, this would be one of the lowest ranked, if not the lowest ranked on the wiki, unless the singularity had some level of hax which allowed it to "create," these concepts a la the Big Bang, in which case it could be Low 2-C or even higher.

Back