• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Celestial_Pegasus

VS Battles
Administrator
Speed

Currently the characters have Infinite speed due to moving in stopped time and moving so fast time seems to stop, but as revealed in recent chapters, the item which supposedly stopped time just makes everything else slow while speeding up the user, and Ruphas is just moving so fast time seems to stop, but it's just moving extremly slow, this is time dilation, time isn't literally stopped.

Here Ruphas says she moves at over mach 100,000:

Unilaterally stopping time… in other words, in this world where individuals at the level such as Benetnash and I were at, the amount of speed adjustment which would be needed to actualise the phenomenon of "leaving everything else behind in time" is… well, because I've never really measured it, I'm not 100% sure, but in the state where my perception of time is dilated and I felt like running or flying at full-speed, I would, in fact, be able to lap around Midgard at least once before one second of real time had passed.
Basing my judgement on that, it's not a bad deduction to think that the speeds of Benetnash and I are over Mach 100 000.

Because the numbers have gotten too big, all of this sounds like a joke, but let's leave that thought aside for now.
~ Chapter 127​
In addition in Ruphas fight with Benetnash, Benetnash's speed is said to be almost no different than the speed of light:

In response to that gracious feeling, Benetnash's mouth distorted and she once again moved at a speed which could be mistaken for the speed of light.
"Tsuaaaaaaaaaaaa!!"

After releasing a warcry, she challenged Ruphas with her greatest speed and might. It was different from how she had been probing things out like she previously was. It was, without a doubt, the greatest amount of might that she had and a truly serious attack. If it was an ordinary person, let alone understanding what was happening, they would have ceased to exist without even being able to figure out that they were attacked. The speed was almost no different from the speed of light.
~ Chapter 99​
Also Sagittarius's Alnasl which is literally infinite in speed, is treated as a special skill despite the characters supposedly already being infinite in speed.

So the characters should be like Relativistic+, since Level 1000 Benet is said to be almost lightspeed.

Level 1500 and Level 3000 Ruphas should be FTL. First Ruphas threw Benet's attack back at her which she dodged, said attack was fast enough to leave the stratosphere and destroy a distant planet.

Ruphas threw the arrow, while Benetnash evaded it. After missing its target, the arrow pierced through the stratosphere into space and struck a distant planet which was even larger than Midgard. It penetrated the planetary core, utterly destroying it.
~ Chapter 101​
Also Level 1500 Ruphas has attacks which are stated to be FTL:

[Prophet with the Golden Bow]! And burn them all, [Solar Flare]!"[11]
Upon Ruphas's invocation of the skill, an offensive arcane magic, which was in the upper ranks in terms of destructive power and temperature even amongst the Sun attribute skills, was released. A small-scale golden-coloured Sun swallowed up the heroic spirits, passed through the stratosphere in a flash and flew far away into empty space beyond. The speed at which it travelled surpassed even the speed of light as it forcibly sent away all the enemies caught up in it to the far end of the solar system. No, that was not all that it did. The [Solar Flare], which was fired, was enhanced by the [Prophet with the Golden Bow] such that even that was amplified. This monstrous skill's diameter surpassed 100m, it surpassed 1km, it surpassed 10 km and even surpassed 100km. Although it did not reach the extent of the real Sun, it possessed overwhelming heat and gravity, becoming a small-scaled planet-sized pseudo-star. A countless number of natural satellites, comets and planets in its path were destroyed and pulled apart and eventually, after escaping the solar system and travelling further beyond into faraway space, exploded.
~ Chapter 129​
In short Level 3000 Ruphas and Level 1500 Benet are FTL.

AP
Level 1000 Ruphas is stated to be able to crack a planet in 2:

As an extreme example, even if the current Sei made a mistake and accidentally smashed the ground with all of his might, at most, only a small part of the ground would be shaved off. However, if Ruphas were to do the same thing, it would cause unimaginable damage to the surroundings. It could even make the planet crack in two. It was the very fact that he, as a single individual, would gain the power to decide the fate of even the world. There was no way the pressure of that would be light. There was no way he could think lightly of it.
~ Chapter 127​
This is Small Planet level according to References for Common Feats.

So everyone who scales to Ruphas is Small Planet level

Ability Additio
Aigokeros should have Curse Manipulation and Regenerationn Negation. Aries and Aigokeros did a combo attack which deals percent damage which is Aries ability and curses the target with being unhealable to heal, Aigokeros ability:

What was being released from Aries's back was a rainbow-coloured flame.
Those flames were entangled by Aigokeros's black waves, turning into a black flame and dispersing into the surroundings. The effect of this skill was a combination of continuous per cent damage as long as the flames persisted and a curse which rendered the damage unhealable on ones affected.
~ Chapter 129​

I guess the infinite is removed and they get downgraded to Rela+ to FTL? Assume if I'm reading it right.

Other than that, I agree.

Pretty much, they aren't infinite in speed, they are just moving so fast time seems stopped from their perspective, but it isn't completely stopped.

The Ring of Time operates just like how Ruphas speed works, this is what's stated by the author:

Information regarding the Ring of Time
Although it was declared to be able to stop time itself, in actuality, it only applies "a debuff that makes it feel like the concept of time stopped moving". Therefore, although it is just a little, time itself is still flowing.

Nevertheless, let alone something that can move at the speed of sound (Mach 1), even those that can move at a speed comparable to lightning (Mach 440) are not able to intrude and react under the debuff.[1]

Notwithstanding, for existences like Ruphas or Benet who can easily enter and operate within such a world, the effects of the ring are useless.
~ Chapter 127​
And this is what's said in story:

"The effect of the ring is as I previously said already. But if the speed of the entire surrounding area was to be decreased by 10 000, even the user themselves would stop. So the ring forcibly hastens the wearer's time just enough to be able to counter that decrease in 10 000 speed until it feels like time has stopped for everyone else but them."
"Then…"

"Yeah. For someone like me who's already in that realm in terms of speed, it'll be no problem. But he wasn't like that. Even then, as long as he was wearing the ring, the 'time passed' would be absorbed by the ring itself. But… I'm sure you can guess what happens once he loses that ring, can't you?"

The effect of the ring was a debuff against the whole world and a buff to the user themself to counter that debuff.

In terms of a number, it was 10 000. It dropped the speed of everything in the world to 0, effectively stopping time itself.

Although it sounded unbelievable, the ring was applying a debuff on the concept of "time".

However, because the debuff was also applied on the wearer themself, thereby stopping the time of the user, it counteracted the debuff by forcibly compensating the wearer with just enough speed to where they could increase their flow of time enough to be able to break free from the speed debuff.

I see, it's definitely quite an unfair effect. So much so that if there wasn't a demerit to it, I would have wanted the Twelve Stars to use it.
~ Chapter 127​
The 10,000 here is just referring to the speed stat, if your stat is above 10,000 you won't have any trouble moving.

It's after this where Ruphas says she is over Mach 100,000, due to being able to lap around the planet before a second passed, if she was infinite in speed, 0 seconds would have passed.

Tbh, i have no time to read Wild last boss again T_T too many IRL stuff, but what kind of ability of you can apply a debuff on the concepts of time?

Wait a minute isnt that 100.000 Mach speed is a speed relative for herself? The time is already stopped but in stopped time she can move at 100.000 Mach.

Time isn't stopped, it's just moving very slow, she just moves so fast that from her perspective it seems like it's stopped, hence if she runs at full speed she can lap the planet before a second passes in real time.

If she is infinite in speed it wouldn't mention a sec passing in real time, it wouldn't mention anything passing at all since it would take her 0 seconds to cover any distance.

Not to mention the multiple statements of Benetnash being near light speed and Ruphas attacks being FTL, if her attacks were infinite it shouldn't have taken any time for her attack to leave the solar system.

Only Sagittarius's Alnasl is described as such.

Someone calced stuff, yeah Midgard Universe is operate in different laws of physics this has been stated by author multiple Times thus someone who moved at Speed of light will not destroyed the world but if Ruphas move at that speed on earth it will be destroyed, and yes author also said that.

7.5 times the earth per second (EPS) = Speed Of Light (About as fast as a physics abiding world will let a particle that can go slower than the speed of light go)

7 EPS = 0.946 times the speed of light

6 EPS = 0.8021 times the speed of light

5 EPS = 0.67 times the speed of light

4 EPS = 0.53 times the speed of light

3 EPS = 0.401 times the speed of light

2 EPS = 0.27 times the speed of light

1 EPS = 0.134 times the speed of light

Ruphas Said that she could do it in less than a second of real time which would mean that would be going at least 0.134% the speed of light but assuming that she meant less by a sizable margin and not 0.99 seconds she could be going anywhere from 0.27 times the speed of light to the speed of light and if we account for her level 3000 form she could be going even faster than the speed of light

Some extra tidbits after ruphas passes the speed of light no matter how excellent a characters eyesight is ruphas will not be able to be seen by them unless they are using some other means of detection and if we assume ruphas weighs about 75kg she would impart about 3.3703319 * 10^18 newtons of force on anything she ran into for some perspective the Saturn 5 was launched with about 34,000,000 Newtons of force and Ruphas is Imparting about 99127408823.5 times that force and for those of you who just want to see the number here it is…

Ruphas Force = 3,370,331,900,000,000,000 Newtons

I used F=(1/2)Mass * (Velocity^2) to calculate the force Ruphas' imparts

The assumtions for the speed being 0.99 for example seem safer and less especulative as that is taking into account how much faster she should have been with no real basis besides it being less than a second. Her level 3000 should just be "Higher than before" or "At least X, far higher than before" IMO or something along those lines unless the series gave a multiplier for her speed or something.

Is that not just about Mountain level? I remember other results for 99% SoL or SoL and they were about mountain level, pretty weak compared to her other stuff.

I don't know that just someone calced her stuff also the translator also calced 100.000 Mach

Mach 100 000 = 123,480,000 km/h (34,300 km/s) OR 76,726,915 miles/h

As a reference, the speed of light = 874 030 mach = 1 079 252 244 km/h (299 792km/s) OR 670 616 254 miles/h

I.e. At least 11.44% of the speed of light.

There is a weird inconsistency though, Centaur dude (his name is a pain to type), can catch his arrow after firing it, to teleport. wouldnt that mean he can react to it. Not saying it should be his actual speed but it is just a very weird and interesting inconsistency.

Back