• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A VS Battles YouTube channel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did some thinking and with some input from others on the site, I was wondering if a YouTube channel could be possible. This channel wouldn't just be about battles in general, but also to explain to people how the debates SHOULD go and compare good debating (Us or Cartoon Fight Club) to bad debating (ScrewAttack).

I suggested this originally on Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 15: I said, "Maybe we should start a YouTube channel in which only the VS Battles Staff are allowed to use, so we can go probably some of the MOST accurate battles. Then, we can start off with a basic fight (Saitama vs Goku, Superman vs Goku, etc.) to get the ball rolling. Something that would get people's attention, then once that happens, we can build upon it. The staff members can research and collaborate on the battles in private threads, referring to us if extra help is needed. Don't know about the animations tho."

Now, I understand that the Staff already have their hands full with the site on its so, I'll understand if most of you disagree.

I want to clarify something tho. This channel will not be attacking ScrewAttack and Death Battle, we will simply just explain how some of their research and conclusions are flawed, but still credit them where credit is due.

AnimeFanboy2916 said:
I want to clarify something tho. This channel will not be attacking ScrewAttack and Death Battle, we will simply just explain how some of their research and conclusions are flawed, but still credit them where credit is due.
This channel will get a massive ton of hate if it will exist (screw attack fans will see something like Tifa destryong Yang --> massive amount of Dislikes)

As I said in the previous thread:

"If we do, perhaps instead of battles we could just talk about stats about certain pages and how vs debating works? The entire character vs character thing on youtube is kinda overdone by many channels, and animation will be pretty bad for us."

SomebodyData said:
As I said in the previous thread:
"If we do, perhaps instead of battles we could just talk about stats about certain pages and how vs debating works? The entire character vs character thing on youtube is kinda overdone by many channels, and animation will be pretty bad for us."
This makes sense and your right there is alot of channels dedicated to that already. Maybe explaining our tier system (since it might be complicated for some) and about the wikia itself would be good also.

^Hopefully it atleast passed the 1000 mark though. And yeah, not to mention our stat could be a bit different than others.

AnimeFanboy2916 said:
This channel wouldn't just be about battles in general, but also to explain to people how the debates SHOULD go and compare good debating (Us or Cartoon Fight Club) to bad debating (ScrewAttack).
You already lost me. CFC's made just as bad mistakes as Screwattack in his videos. Have fun defending Mr. "Goku's Instant Transmission beats Sonic's limitless speed" "Iron Man pwns Samus" "Silver beats Rosalina" "Saitama beats Buu Saga Goku cuz he's immeasurable" "Thanos gets the NLF as Darkseid says suck on this" etc. Just because he made a Goku vs Superman video SPECIFICALLY to spite them doesn't mean he's automatically better than them.

If you wanna make a Youtube channel about debating and don't have the resources for animation and stuff, I'd say just set it up like Comic Book Cast's Comic Clash, in which they just debate the abilities and stuff in the comments. Focus on the debates yourselves, as setting up a channel with one of the intentions of mostly spiting Death Battle is just gonna look mean-spirited.

I still dont know about doing a channel but it would be great to see how you guys do a vs match by going into a more detail and research. Just dont do the animation and just debate the character ability and technique thats all you need. Though I hope you guys can provied evidence wih proof and fact about the character because thats is gonna be necessary.

Screw Attack are most of the time suck at death battle but even then watching them doing animation of the vs match is just entertaining.

Instead of that though, maybe we could just go into stuff like Verse Debate and Character of the Days thing.We would be in an inferior position without an animation, and be a knock-off with it instead. Probably do thing like Game Theorist's Deadlock between character and let them vote.

I would rather prefer seeing what each character are capable of. As long as the people that are doing the channel provide evidence of the feat and power then its okay with me to be honest.

For one thing, the staff is overworked enough already, and we do not have the time and energy to maintain a YouTube channel.

For another, the animation would likely be very bad, so we would just make fools of ourselves.

For the third, we do not want any conflict with more popular YouTube communities, such as ScrewAttack.

For the fourth, there is no clear benefit for the wiki, and it might attract very misbehaving YouTube people to our community, which would increase our workload considerably.

That said, Lord Kavpeny has asked Wikia to create an Android (and possibly Iphone) application for the VsBattles wiki, as plenty of much less popular wikis have received them already. I haven't heard any further news about this though.

As Ant said, I understand that the site itself is overworking the staff, so I don't want to force them to work more than they are currently, so with that, we will NOT have a YouTube channel.

Could someone please close this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back