• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The queen of thorns faces an android

Woah, uh, Inukai is greatly outmatched here. Whether it's abilities, intelligence, versatility, and probably experience, the android slaps Inukai hard. I don't think he can do anything here. Doesn't help that Inukai likely gets one-shot.

Woah, uh, Inukai is greatly outmatched here. Whether it's abilities, intelligence, versatility, and probably experience, the android slaps Inukai hard. I don't think he can do anything here. Doesn't help that Inukai likely gets one-shot.
Oh, that's unfortunate... Is there any other Darwin's Game characters you can think of that can work here?

The good thing for Shuka is that she has faced most of Connor's combat abilities several times and she's got solid experience with them; she's unlikely to get caught off-guard. It's also hard to get close to her thanks to her large chains that she can quickly maneuver to block the opponent's path. She doesn't have Connor's level of acrobatics, but even on flat ground she can swing and maneuver herself around for quick repositioning.
Shuka can use multiple weapons and multiple types of weapons at once, which gives her an advantage in immediate versatility, offense and attack pressure. She's also one of the most skilled combat characters in Darwin's Game.

Speed-wise, Shuka seems to have an advantage. Connor's reactions upscale from 53m/s feat, while current Shuka's upscale from a 101m/s feat, as that feat was from very early in the story. In terms of movement speed, they seem about equal, though Shuka has a 33m/s feat, while there's no precise data for Connor.

On the opposite end, Connor has analytical prediction and precognition. Some explanations on how those work in combat would be appreciated. Looking at his intelligence, it seems like the precog is limited to calcing the probabilities of events, but I'd like some further details. His senses would likely allow him to see Shuka's tiny wires if she uses them, effectively rendering them useless unless Shuka can trap or trick him. It's not ooc of Shuka to try something like that, though Connor's intelligence might be enough to circumvent that.

The second timestamp is quite impressive, ngl. If Shuka's reactions weren't higher than Connor's, I don't think she'd have a chance, but here she might. Correct me if I'm wrong, but from the clip it seemed that in both cases, Connor needed some time to visualize his surroundings before he could fully apply his precog, even if that time was short, like in the 2nd timestamp.
Shuka is aggressive as a fighter, and it's likely her first move would be to swing her big chains at Connor, and possibly try to stealthily use her thin bladed cords to attack from another angle. Similarly to this scene, her attack speed is rather impressive. In the scene, she wields 6 bladed cords and telekinetically controls them in different trajectories, making her unpredictable.
In the heat of combat, would Connor's precog also work just as well?

Does it work 360° or does it have a limit of sorts? Like, can it predict attacks going from behind or above, for example? Because Shuka often does that, she attacks from multiple directions

Does it work 360° or does it have a limit of sorts? Like, can it predict attacks going from behind or above, for example? Because Shuka often does that, she attacks from multiple directions
When he activates it, he can basically pivot his vision to scan everything around him so yes, it can go up to 360 degrees if he needs it to which in the middle of combat, he'll probably do

Okay, then the question is whether Connor's reactions and body movement can keep up with what his precog shows him on how to avoid Shuka's chains and threads. Connor is smarter from an intelligence standpoint, but from a combat intelligence standpoint, Shuka is no slouch, quick on her feet and fast in her mind. She casually defeated a superpowered hitwoman and matched an experienced warrior.
I feel this comes down to Connor's body keeping with his predictions vs Shuka's combat-intelligence/ingenuity + reactions. Shuka's reactions are x2 higher than Connor's, so she's got an advantage there, though on the flip side, if Connor decides to attack in close combat and reaches Shuka, he's the one with the advantage since she has little to no H2H or martial experience.

The only thing I feel I can add is that Shuka generally moves around a lot and never stays in one place unless forced to by the battlefield. The Colloseum gives Shuka an avenue to move around in tricky patterns and stay airborne, which she prefers. She will generally never approach her opponents and keeps enough distance for them to be in reach of her threads and wires, which she can also use to attack blindspots or areas even without line of sight.

As a recap, Shuka has faster movement, much faster reactions, more arsenal, more versatility, and better maneuverability. She excels in spacious locations with many walls/buildings/obstacles/etc.
Connor is smarter, has precog and info analysis, has guns, and is much better at melee combat.

I guess I should mention that Darwin's Game has a character with precognition and information analysis. She and Shuka are allies, so they never fought, but Liu Xuelan was literally too fast for Rein's precog to catch her. Shuka isn't at Liu's level, but she's fought her to a standstill and is still one of the fastest characters in the series. Rein would as such likely have trouble keeping track on Shuka if she were to fight seriously.

The only thing I feel I can add is that Shuka generally moves around a lot and never stays in one place unless forced to by the battlefield. The Colloseum gives Shuka an avenue to move around in tricky patterns and stay airborne, which she prefers. She will generally never approach her opponents and keeps enough distance for them to be in reach of her threads and wires, which she can also use to attack blindspots or areas even without line of sight.

As a recap, Shuka has faster movement, much faster reactions, more arsenal, more versatility, and better maneuverability. She excels in spacious locations with many walls/buildings/obstacles/etc.
Connor is smarter, has precog and info analysis, has guns, and is much better at melee combat.

I guess I should mention that Darwin's Game has a character with precognition and information analysis. She and Shuka are allies, so they never fought, but Liu Xuelan was literally too fast for Rein's precog to catch her. Shuka isn't at Liu's level, but she's fought her to a standstill and is still one of the fastest characters in the series. Rein would as such likely have trouble keeping track on Shuka if she were to fight seriously.
Hmm, yeah I think Connor might have problems dealing with this.

I think Shuka might win this one more times than not

And just to get this concluded

Chain User FRA

And that's grace, thank you everyone

{Also in case you're wondering, this is allowed based on this thread}

Back