• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A request to stop DBS vs threads

So far we haven't seen the strongest of the DBS series yet and I feel that the battles that have been made are unjust that we put very developed characters against characters who haven't developed yet like Beerus, Whis, Champa, Hit, and the others, so as a request until the series is ended, a request to lock DBS Vs threads.

Promestein said:
Knowing Toriyama's writing style, lava is going to remain a top tier threat and they're never going to show any feats better than Beerus and Goku's clash.
lol that was savage :v

That's Toriyama

Impressive Feat, everyone post that is equal or stronger, centuries later, a "better" feat... or statement

But I still thinking that "Unknown, at the very least Solar System" should be okay

Promestein said:
Knowing Toriyama's writing style, lava is going to remain a top tier threat and they're never going to show any feats better than Beerus and Goku's clash.
Lol i at least want the constant matches against saint seiya characters to stop dbs just cant contend with saint seiya they need to up their speed and hax before they can try.

Promestein said:
I dunno about that lol. The series reeks of "make Goku moar powerful".....

Skodwarde The Almighty said:
Promestein said:
I dunno about that lol. The series reeks of "make Goku moar powerful".....
Yeah how else will DBS stay relevant without feats? lol

DBZ by nature is about people (mainly the sayians) getting stronger, a case a bit like Onepunch Man (where the hard roof for power hasn't been established). I wouldn't say completely stop DBZ vs threads, a better solution is that they mark out which timeperiod they refer to for the vs battle (eg, kid goku, vs frieza goku, vs vegeta goku, etc.). A similar solution can be applied to the onepunch guy (I forgot the name); the battle can only be for when he's casual or serious (slightly), and not all out, since that hasn't been established.

Promestein said:
Pretty sure Whis and Vados stating Beerus and Champa's fight could've destroyed two universes is more impressive. It makes Beerus and Champa universe level each. The clash with Goku and Beerus would only get each high Multi-Galaxy +.

Xolon said:
Pretty sure Whis and Vados stating Beerus and Champa's fight could've destroyed two universes is more impressive. It makes Beerus and Champa universe level each. The clash with Goku and Beerus would only get each high Multi-Galaxy +.
A mention of a fight we'll almost certainly never get to see isn't the same as a feat, though, which is what a lot of people are hoping for more of.

@Azzy agreed but I think the fact that DBS is still fixated and talking about Universal Destruction is a good sign that they won't completely forget about it. You never know though there not being a feat is likely as well.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Xolon said:
A mention of a fight we'll almost certainly never get to see isn't the same as a feat, though, which is what a lot of people are hoping for more of.
It's backed up by two of the most reliable sources in the verse Whis and Vados. And there are plenty of other statement feats that are accepted as long as they hold water. Also. Beerus nullifying the combined energy attack of himself and Goku by using 100% (that Whis, and the narrator stated would destroy the universe) as well as making an even more powerful attack than the combined attack at the end of the fight also support it.

@Xolon Azzy isn't saying that Beerus and Champa can't legit bust multiple universes. Just that a statement isn't as satisfying as an Episode 12 style feat.

I see. Well Beerus and Champa are supposed to be the weakest of the gods of destruction so we'll have to see how much more powerful (and possibly how much more haxy) the other gods of destruction are. I really get the feeling the last god of destruction'll show us something insane.

The Living Tribunal1 said:
as for this overused lava meme, magetta, like all other powerful warriors at this point can ki enhance stuff.....
Pretty much. Plus we see Vegeta karate chop a huge glob of the lava anyway.

The Living Tribunal1 said:
as for this overused lava meme, magetta, like all other powerful warriors at this point can ki enhance stuff.....
Magetta's lava is produced by his own body, so if he is Tier X then his lava is also Tier X. But it can also be Ki enhanced lava, who knows.

(I think that's what TOEI or Toriyama intended for.)

KuuIchigo said:
Universal is cool and all, but most of Dbz losses are because lack of hax.
Legit, combat useful hax would be nice. Especially when guys like Goku are still vulnerable to poisons and such.
It's pretty weird considering how Beerus pretty much drank poison meant to kill him in the first few episodes. Perhaps Goku's poison resistance against Frost would've been better had he been in his SSJG or SSJB form? Also we don't exactly know how potent Frost's poison is and unlike most characters that use poison hax Frost had the strength to pierce SSJ Goku (with god powers absorbed into the lower form) with the needle to begin with.

Of course Magetta's lava is the same tier as him.

I doubt that characters will get any notable hax, and any that do will probably be disposable joke villains. As expected from Toriyama.

KuuIchigo said:
Universal is cool and all, but most of Dbz losses are because lack of hax.
Legit, combat useful hax would be nice. Especially when guys like Goku are still vulnerable to poisons and such.
Hit's hax is looking to be that way but it seems most likely he'll beat Vegeta and Goku and have to be beaten by Monaka -_-

Xolon said:
It's pretty weird considering how Beerus pretty much drank poison meant to kill him in the first few episodes. Perhaps Goku's poison resistance against Frost would've been better had he been in his SSJG or SSJB form? Also we don't exactly know how potent Frost's poison is and unlike most characters that use poison hax Frost had the strength to pierce SSJ Goku (with god powers absorbed into the lower form) with the needle to begin with.
The main problem is that Goku, as strong as he is, is still a mortal. He's still vulnerable to poison and needs oxygen to breathe despite how high his AP and durability are. He's not like Beerus and Whis, who are actually "gods". Getting something to resist basic stuff like this would be nice.

Coco would have a field day with Goku if stats were equalized :v

I do believe this thread has drifted off-topic.

On topic however, I disagree with banning DBS VS threads in their entirety, since waiting for the series to end until VS threads are created is unnaturally harsh. Additionally, plenty of characters who have not shown their full potential have VS threads, so it would be unfair to lay down such a restriction for DBS alone.

That said, a rule could be made, not for DBS-only, but VS threads in general. Something along the lines of: "It is advised not to create VS threads with characters in on-going series who have not yet show their full potential."

Agreements/disagreements/suggestions?

I would think it's too broad. "It is not advised to create vs threads with characters in on-going series without or severely lacking quantifiable feats".

I think that TMR's suggestion seems reasonable enough.

I also think it would be too broad, a lot of characters from ongoing series have not shown their full potential, and shonen series thrive on heroes constantly growing stronger/surpassing their limits to beat stronger foes. I think TheMightyRegulator's suggestion would be better.

I am ok with Mighty's suggestion. Although I don't expect DBS match results to change by EoS. Lava is considered a threat for a top tier character like Vegeta sadly.

Back