• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A princess's dog fights another princess

Hmm this is interesting, though at a glance leaning towards climb for martial arts and his armor as atlina doesn't seem to have anything similar. Her sword is higher but so is climbs armor, add onto that his ability to boost himself temporarily to the level of a mithril ranked adventurer using the ring and limit break and I see him pulling off the win. Atlina seems likely to have the skill advantage but climbs armor and martial arts should let him get off a killing blow. Though this based on a breif glance at the profiles.

Her main thing is her ridiculous strength that generally makes it impossible to parry her blows, especially with her gigantic sword. Regular steel weapons shatter immediately when her sword hits them, and even if the weapon can take it, there's still all the force behind the blow that can push them back. Her sword also has a reach advantage.

Although Fortress does counter that pretty nicely, so that's a good plus for him. She does like to kick the opponent, a good hit on the kneecaps can be very dangerous, and it looks like his armor doesn't cover his crotch, so that's another good spot . . .

I'd say it depends on if he can avoid her blows or use Fortress enough times to close the gap and get some hits in.

Well we don't know much about climbs sword but considering the strength of his armor I doubt his sword would shatter under her strength, Fortress helps, along with his armor I see him blocking/tanking long enough to get in a killing blow.

His knee caps are pretty well guarded judging by his armor, and looking at the actual character sheet art (rather then the anime) his crotch is protected. I don't think kicking is going to help her much especially as gazef has taught him about the dangers of dirty fighting in there spars.

It's not just fortress that gives him the day here, I think limit break and gazefs ring are going to give him the ability to amp and land a killing blow before she can beat through climbs defense to put him down.

Climb is arguably stomped physically unless someone convinces me otherwise.

Climb scales to above a real tiger.

A real tiger at 200 kg running at 18.0556 m/s yields a charging energy of ~32,600.47 J.

Altina's grip yields 315183.67 J.

What is the argument for the Bodyguard of Princess Renner? Esp. to close up with such a strength gap?

(Since Altina is baseline subsonic and Climb is tagging ~18.0556 m/s, Altina is faster but not blitzing.)

werent tiger's 106kj? because they can crush skulls? + climb has rigrits ring, his martial arts and his armour (which is made of mithril, the same metal the 8-C characters of overlord use for their weapons and armour.) he should have enough to close the gap.

Can bite with over 1,000 psi, more than enough to crush skulls.

This seems to imply it would be the 106 version, especially since the calc mentiones crushing = compression which is the 106kj

Well, then Climb should be above that with his sword. Altina is 315kj, so some 3 times a tiger just with her bare hand, her sword strikes should be far more than that. She's also stronger than Bastia who can overpower a charging bull, carry cows around as a prank when he was just a kid, and kick a woman through a wall.

I'd say she definitely has a considerable strength advantage, but his Martial Arts might be enough if he parries her blow with Fortress and closes the gap while her sword is still.

the gap is definitely gonna close significantly with the ring and Limit Break Mind. His capabilities rise from a Gold plate to a Mythril, that is an unbelievable boost, he would sort of stand a chance/put up some fight against a skeletal dragon at that level

Then, she concentrated all her strength and swung with all her force.
Her blow sent the three meter tall Skeletal Dragon flying.
Shortly afterwards, it hit the ground with an earth-shaking crash.
"What?!"
Khazit's jaw dropped as he stared.
Skeletal Dragons were made of many smaller bones, and they certainly looked light. However, they only appeared light. Magic casters, who spent their days pursuing greater magic power, should not have had enough strength to pull off a move like that.
Khazit hurriedly fled behind the Skeletal Dragon's vast body, and then he shouted:
"—You, who are you? A mithril…no, an orichalcum-ranked adventurer?! There shouldn't be anyone like that in this city; did you pursue Clementine or myself to this place?!"

Khajit first says Mithril, before correcting himself to Orichalcum. If an Orichalcum adventurer can possibly send a skeletal dragon flying, then a Mithril should be able to at least put up a decent fight

Nabe is more adamantite lvl in physicals, I'd say (sending Hamsuke flying with a very casual kick). And even then, sending it flying is Orichalcun at worst, and just fighting it doesn't seem particularly impressive, a non-buffed skeletal dragon is featless aside from not dying from a single hit against Nabe.

8-C for being a threat to Gazef and Clementine. The latter uses piercing weapons and spells, both of which are pretty much useless on a skeleton monster, and the former uses a sword, and slashing is similarly weak against skeletons. Idk how to quantify him moving through the earth, Khajit seemed to have summoned it on the spot with all the energy from the Orb of Death.

Just saying, basing a stat amp from 9-B to 8-C because of a single word uttered by Khajit in a moment of surprise doesn't seem to reliable to me.

i didn't say he would be 8-C, i'm saying he should at least be really high into 9-B with both activated, enough to close the gap

Even a very high-end 9-B can't fight a baseline 8-C (without using hax). The gap is too big, unless it's that usual Overlord-ness that we always talk about, in which case it doesn't really help with an actual match.

i'm just hesitant to jump tiers based on stuff like this, but with such a huge boost from both being used, i could see a possibly 9-A

no matter the case, it should absolutely be enough to close the gap

wait i think someone did a CRT about something similar which is why he now has the "higher with ___" in his AP and dura now.

that was for him having potentially 8-C armor, and the search for evidence ended up with the Rigrit ring and Limit Break Mind, but we didn't know/realize at the time how significant the gap was between Gold and Mithril. With Mithril adventurers looking to be 9-A from the evidence we have.

it's copy and pasted from his Overlord wiki profile, while the Rigrit ring profile says it gives 5 levels to a warrior who uses it, so likely a mistake on the Overlord wiki

should i just make it?

not like there's much room for debate, it'll be quick

that said, if something this small and clear cut doesn't need a CRT, then we can just edit the profile

Back