• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Pirate Assassin vs. An Assassin Hunter

Welp, time for an in-verse Assassin fight. The Templars have aquired a piece of Eden that allows them to control time, and decide to send Shay back in time to stop Edward from sealing off the Observatory. Shay set off through the portal in the Morrigan and found Edward's ship, the Jackdaw, docked after it had just taken a prize. Edward noticed the Templar colors on Shay and his ship and called his men to arms.

-Speed Equalized

-Neither have Pieces of Eden.

First Round: The Jackdaw vs. The Morriga

Second Round: Edward Kenway vs. Shay Cormac

AC4 Jackdaw
The Morrigan
ACIV - Edward Kenway Render
Shay patrick cormac 1 render by quidek d8ft0zr

Shay canonically defeated Adewale, who is equal to Edward.

Not only that, Shay has much greater range with his air rifle and his ship also literally stomped the Experto Crede with two mortar volleys, plus, the Morrigan is considerably faster and more maneuverable than the Jackdaw, and is made for Arctic naval warfare. Shay practically murderstomps by having better tech and having stomped people on Edward's level.

This be a murderstomp tho. Shay's better than Edward in all types of stats.

Well, Edward does have plenty of win conditions via Eagle Vision and all since it doesn't stop either of them from tracking each other and Edward might be able to fend off Shay for longer than Adewale, so yeah, I'm seeing Shay take this with mid-difficulty now.

It's a living replica of the Jackdaw and functions the same, not to mention it's the same dimensions. And it's able to replicate the same exact feats as the Jackdaw. Minus the Ram Charge.

The Morrigan, however, can take much, much more punishment than either of those ships, has more advanced long-range weaponry and is considerably faster.

I'm just asking cause Adewale had 2 ships, and the one in Freedom Cry I imagine would've been the one that was the same as the Jackdaw as the developers probably didn't want to change the design/controls in the DLC.

Also, duly noted but I don't think Shay's feat against Adewale is that great, Adewale was much much older and weaker at the time and Edward I always thought was a better fighter than him.

Adewale actually increased his skills considerably during his long age, like most other Assassins have.

And it's the Experto Crede that's the exact same model, not the Victoire.

True, but he likely couldn't have done the same things that he could've in his younger age.

Also Edward's likely a much more capable Captain than Shay as he was doing it for alot longer than him. Plus that fight with the Crede wasn't really a fight it was more like a chase, if Adewale had taken Shay head on he probably would've had a better chance, especially since if it's a perfect replica of the Jackdaw, the Jackdaw has much more powerful Swivel Cannons and more Cannons on the ship, so more firepower.

Haytham and Shay clearly noted that Adewale was taking the fight to the sea where he was at his strongest. Engaging in combat, you could take out the Experto Crede out like any other ship. And the Experto Crede is considerably less durable than the Morrigan seeing as how you'd only need a single volley of cannon shots.

The Morrigan's Puckle Guns are objectively superior to most of the swivel guns of the Golden Age of Piracy and even had machine-gun-like fire rates so I would be slightly doubtful on that.

They do, but Adewale will stop shooting mortars once you're both out in the open.

Either way the Jackdaw I think still has a better Captain, more firepower, and better swivel guns, so it could definetly take out Shay.

While the Morrigan does have lesser armanents than the Jackdaw (though not by much, comparing the Morrigan's 34 cannos to the Jackdaw's 46), the Morrigan possesses superior fire rates to make up for it. Shay was also noted to be a natural at sailing ever since he was young, while Edward needed training at first. He's also got more experience fighting around tight corners while Edward could barely move throughout the bayou, seeing the narrow-river setting of Rogue.

for the ship fight, jackdaw stomps. The jackdaw is made for the carribean seas. from what Gameinformer said back when rougue was new, the morrigan was a river ship.

Not sure how that works, because the Morrigan's weaponry would be vastly superior in range and destructive power by virtue of the time setting alone. The Morrigan being a river ship only makes it more agile.

my logic was that it since it was a river ship that the armor would be more lax and it would take much more damage than the jackdaw. also, jackdaw can also mortar spam, though dont know if the morrigan has a mortar as well. never played rogue, unfortunately

>armor is more lax

I dunno man, the Morrigan can hold itself against multiple legendary men-of-war just fine. And yes, you can mortar spam with the Morrigan too.

And its ram is automatically more powerful due to also being an icebreaker one.

The Jackdaw has also held its own against multiple legendarys aswell. in the legendary ship battle at the south east part of the map, it fought two, which would always sandwich it and fire from both sides (proof: personal experience). It could also battle, and defeat, the El Impoluto, which was said to be the most fearsome ship of the time period, and even battled a literal ghost ship. I cannot argue with the ram claim, however. I would say they are pretty evenly matched

The Morrigan also fought against two legendary ships while being sandwiched. Refer to the Pilgrim and its sister ship the Cauldron.

Rogue is just barebones tho, basically an empty form of Black Flag with none of the memorable missions or side-stories.

And yes, the El Impoluto does have a counterpart in Rogue: The Storm Fortress, hailed as the strongest ship available in the Assassins' fleet during the Seven Years' War.

ok then, I'll accept defeat. The Morrigan is stronger. I tried my best to defend the jackdaw, but I accept defeat.

when it comes to gameplay for rogue, I bet an arguement a lot of people used was "if it ain't broke dont fix it" based on what ive heard

Back