• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A ninja against a flying superhero

This one’s weird. The girl’s verse will probably be revised soon, since manga just finished, but aside from that, I have no idea. Her speed scaled from statement with no hard numbers, so it’s unknown whether she would be slower or faster than Rocketeer or his gun. I am leaning towards inconclusive, based on who lands a hit first. In a long fight, if it’ll go into melee I’d vote for Warabi, but I can’t be sure it’ll go that far.

No I mean just...a gun is a better weapon. In general.

It has more range. It can fire faster. You're more likely to run out of knives than bullets.

There's a reason people use guns.

No I mean just...a gun is a better weapon. In general.

It has more range. It can fire faster. You're more likely to run out of knives than bullets.

There's a reason people use guns.
I'm pretty sure sure @MrKerf's explanation was about how this fight probably won't last very long so running out of ammo isn't really a possibility

Also that does mitigate the skill problem as Rocketeer's best skillfeat is taking on goons in a firefight.

As for range, they are in the Eiffel Tower meaning lots of obstructions that can force the Rocketeer to get close to get a clean shot and you can't say he can just wait it out as he does have limited fuel

Okay but like how limited because literally a shot to the head just killed her.

And he can fly.

and he should have way more range than her.

Okay but like how limited because literally a shot to the head just killed her.
Same with a knife to his jetpack or eyehole
and he should have way more range than her.
I just mentioned that here
As for range, they are in the Eiffel Tower meaning lots of obstructions that can force the Rocketeer to get close to get a clean shot and you can't say he can just wait it out as he does have limited fuel

Yeah I know you mentioned that I'm saying it's not as big of a deal because a gun is just way more useful and versatile and easy to use. It's quicker to aim and pull a trigger than throw a knife. He won't get hit with a knife if he stays out of her range and he has no reason to get into her range when he has a gun.

Even on the Eiffel Tower, I don't think it actually has a lot of things to use as cover. It's like, famously full of holes

Yeah I know you mentioned that I'm saying it's not as big of a deal because a gun is just way more useful and versatile and easy to use. It's quicker to aim and pull a trigger than throw a knife. He won't get hit with a knife if he stays out of her range and he has no reason to get into her range when he has a gun.

Even on the Eiffel Tower, I don't think it actually has a lot of things to use as cover. It's like, famously full of holes
Well on the other hand, we also have the skill issue. Seeing as to how both have similar speeds, what's stopping Warabi from aim dodging? And in that regard, it can be another reason to force Rocketeer to try and outmanuever her to get a clean shot

I mean what's stopping Rocketeer from aim doding literally just knives which are way more telegraphed.

Has Warabi SEEN a gun before?

I mean what's stopping Rocketeer from aim doding literally just knives which are way more telegraphed.

Has Warabi SEEN a gun before?
As the girl from modern Japan, I bet she had.

The problem here is that bullets are actually either slower or just as quick as the characters.

Better aiming skills as she is able to land hits on agile opponents as well as the fact that the Rocketeer's jetpack isn't the most maneuverable, I think he mostly uses it to get from one place to another or hover

This one’s weird. The girl’s verse will probably be revised soon, since manga just finished, but aside from that, I have no idea. Her speed scaled from statement with no hard numbers, so it’s unknown whether she would be slower or faster than Rocketeer or his gun. I am leaning towards inconclusive, based on who lands a hit first. In a long fight, if it’ll go into melee I’d vote for Warabi, but I can’t be sure it’ll go that far.
I'm pretty sure sure @MrKerf's explanation was about how this fight probably won't last very long so running out of ammo isn't really a possibility

Also that does mitigate the skill problem as Rocketeer's best skillfeat is taking on goons in a firefight.

Better aiming skills as she is able to land hits on agile opponents as well as the fact that the Rocketeer's jetpack isn't the most maneuverable, I think he mostly uses it to get from one place to another or hover
So does he jet around and shoot people from the skies, or does he just hover and fly around and only shoot people when he is near-or-on ground level or smth?

If it is the latter, I suppose Warabi winning is reasonable, but if he just stays in the air and shoot from the most effective range he can manage (and there isn't any time limit on said jetpack), then, I... idk. This is just a weird match up.

So does he jet around and shoot people from the skies, or does he just hover and fly around and only shoot people when he is near-or-on ground level or smth?
Also re-watching scenes from the movie, I'm pretty sure he can't hover though he can use it to get to higher places

Oh, and gun

So, would... the Rocketter even consider shooting a young-looking girl like Warabi? Even just a moment's hesitation could screw him over if it allows Warabi to get close and CQC him, both of them being subsonic would likely allow them to cross the 20m gap between very fast, after all. But again, idk.

So, would... the Rocketter even consider shooting a young-looking girl like Warabi? Even just a moment's hesitation could screw him over if it allows Warabi to get close and CQC him, both of them being subsonic would likely allow them to cross the 20m gap between very fast, after all. But again, idk.
I mean, yeah. SBA state of mind assumptions

True, true... wanna say that I don't know either one of these characters. Tho, for now, will vote for Warabi since it seems that she is more skilled, can possibly aim-dodge Rocketter's shots, could throw one of her thingy at Rocketter's jetpack to ground him, and if he doesn't go up fast enough, Warabi can simply dominate him in CQC

I mean, I don't know how smart pilots are these days, but I doubt he'd fly into close combat when enemy has a sword. And after said enemy possibly dodged bullets? Nah.

I mean, I don't know how smart pilots are these days, but I doubt he'd fly into close combat when enemy has a sword. And after said enemy possibly dodged bullets? Nah.
No he won't but as I said, he can't hover and has limited fuel. So while he may start out trying to avoid his opponent, eventually he may have to get closer to try and get a clean shot

And just to get this concluded

Incon FRA

And that's grace, thank you everyone

{Also in case you're wondering, this is allowed based on this thread}

Back