• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kabal fights a train {STOMP}

Peppersalt43

They/Them
Top tier character in MK9 : 0
Drug Addict Speedster : 0
Incon : 0

9-A versions used
Fight takes place in Black Dragon Fight Club, 15 meters apart

Story below

In the fight club, the Black Dragon have recently just arrived to move in their stock. Kano and Erron Black were watching over packages of drug shipments which were being moved. "Alright, make sure they're all stocked up. Our speedy customer'll arrive shortly" said the cartel leader. As if on cue, a blue streak zoomed past the criminals, arriving right in front of the two men. "Where were you! I looked through the whole city for you. Do you have the stuff?" said A-Train, having stopped much too close to the cowboy.

"Yeah, it's all here. But let's check your debt first" said Erron Black while patting a box with the words "Compound V" printed on it.
"You owe us 1 million dollars" replied Kano.

"What! Okay look, I'll be paid at the end of the month, you'll get your money then. Just give me the stuff! I have a show tomorrow!" said the superhero. The cowboy was just about to raise his weapon before being stopped by his boss. "You know, there's something you can do for me. Kabal!" yelled Kano. In a second, Kabal zoomed into the scene, startling A-Train. "Go show the fastest man alive the arena, I'd like to see a show" the cartel leader continued.

"I'll remove half your debt, if you survive". Without a second thought, the superhero immediately rushed into the arena, ready to fight. Kano on the other hand sat outside the arena, holding a megaphone.

"Round 1, FIGHT!"

Last edited:
This is a stomp.

With speed unequal, A-Train can run faster than Kabal, but the latter has more than enough reaction speed to keep up and overcome him, and that is the very only advantage the Supe has.
Kabal has a higher number of abilities, which also are deadlier, uses weapons, has actual martial arts skill and experience, higher range and is much more hardwired for battle, while I can see A-Train losing focus very early in the fight once he realizes he is in heavy disadvantage.

Even in terms of AP, A-Train is perhaps very close to baseline 9-A, while Kabal is close to 0.08 tons, which makes it very likely for Kabal to just oneshot A-Train.

Kabal has a higher number of abilities, which also are deadlier, uses weapons, has actual martial arts skill and experience, higher range and is much more hardwired for battle
Wait, is Kabal's projectile speed tied to his combat speed? Because I thought it just affected his melee and reactions

Without further indications, we can safely say his projectiles are comparable to the rest of his other attacks, since they are portrayed as effective against similar opponents and not different from anything else he does.

Even then, lading a single swing of his hook swords would screw A-Train due to the huge AP difference and the very basic fact that they are blades cutting through flesh. Kabal is also extremely likely to land a clear attack with or without speed equalized, and the battle taking place in a cage means A-Train doesn't really have any way of running away, and even then running away wouldn't be an option, since he can't fight from distance.

Back