• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A new versus threads rules page

CrossverseCrisis

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
Hello, VS Battles Community.

Lord Kavpeny, our wiki's Head Bureaucrat, has written a new regulation page for versus threads.

This topic was created so that people who don't follow all of the front page revisions know how to handle these types of discussions.

Here is a link to the page: Versus Thread Rules

Note: If you have important questions about this, please bring them to Lord Kavpeny.

Anonimo77 said:
We'll have to change the results of threads created before the changes?
Like i said on the OP, idk if this will change the results of our past VS threads. Seeing that Kavpeny didn't exactly cover that, i will however bring this up to him later in the week.

For now, this can just only apply to any current VS threads that we have made as of after Feb 29/Monday when he first made the page.

CrossverseCrisis said:
Anonimo77 said:
We'll have to change the results of threads created before the changes?
Like i said on the OP, idk if this will change the results of our past VS threads. Seeing that Kavpeny didn't exactly cover that, i will however bring this up to him later in the week.
For now, this can just only apply to any current VS threads that we have made as of after Feb 29/Monday when he first made the page.
OK.

I've been trying to successfully adapt all my future threads to these rules (i don't count votes that are just the name of the character with no explanation)

Yamatohime said:
So strict. Alice will never win vs Caster this way. Lol. ^_^
I said do not complain this to me. Do it to Lord Kavpeny himself if that's the case.

Skodwarde The Almighty said:
I've been trying to successfully adapt all my future threads to these rules (i don't count votes that are just the name of the character with no explanation)
Hmm. Fair enough.

CrossverseCrisis said:
Yamatohime said:
So strict. Alice will never win vs Caster this way. Lol. ^_^
I said do not complain this to me. Do it to Lord Kavpeny himself if that's the case.
It's just irony. I just though that many match ups are unfair from the start.

I do not think that we have to check through all of the old threads. That would be far too much work. These rules are supposed to be a guideline to help us in the future, not give us even more to do.

Well Lord Kavpeny did told me himself that i can make a thread here to inform the others that he made the page and it's rules -ish.

I adjusted the original post a bit to avoid misunderstandings. My apologies if you consider this a problem.

Thank you for creating this thread, Cross.

At present, there are no plans to re-check the entirety of all pre-existing VS threads. The rules are effective for all active threads post March 1, 2016.

If there are any other questions, I'll be happy to answer them.

P.S.: The last rule, the one regarding the decision of verdicts, was suggested and structured by Faisal.

Aye. @Lord Kavpeny and Faisal Shourov.

Well you heard the head bureaucrat himself, folks. Any past battles we've had here before the rule was made WILL NOT be rechecked. Any of the ones made after it as he put the date on his comment is put into effect.

I do hope to expect everyone follow the guidelines of our new, recent VS Threads Rules on this matter. Of course as the former two said, if y'all have any concerns or problems on any of the new rules on the VS Threads Rules page linked above, please go and ask them about this, thank you...

Back