• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Message to the Struggling Members of the Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever since one of my parents died I've had this sort of depression I've been able to keep bottled down, along with a lot of hate for people who I thought were my best friends till the day I was in a coffin, except I got back stabbed mostly because of this event and being called weak 'cause of it

I've found an escape from all of this hate and sadness I've basically corrupted my core self with two things: one, TES lore, and second this wiki.

This thread reminded me why I stuck around, because I found people I could relate to and communicate with for more than two weeks.

So thank you

@SITHISIT I am extremely sorry to hear. Just remember that in such a situation, there's no need to be upset at yourself like many do. You've done nothing wrong and you're not to blame for anything.

Also those people are absolutely wrong. You're not weak at all. Anyone who goes through such a thing like that and keeps carrying on is the exact opposite of weak. The only people who are weak are those who would ditch you in your time of need like that. Someone who would call you weak only shows that there is something wrong with them, not you.

Please know that those scumbags aren't the extent of your resources. There are people out there who geniunely care for you unlike them. You mentioned some of them.

Discord: Snowshower#4338

Twitch: /snowshower92

Add me everyone If anyone needs to talk to me, here are my links.

Cant make a discord server for reasons. But these are my official links that you guys can contact me on. I also have a twitter, but I will keep that to wiki stuff and streaming stuff only. If anyone needs someone to chat with, let me know. Pretty friendly guy as well Talk to me about school or why I think (insert anime here) is overrated/underrated Dont want to play just lip service to this issue.

Ryukama said:
@Riiiingo I am extremely sorry to hear. Just remember that in such a situation, there's no need to be upset at yourself like many do. You've done nothing wrong and you're not to blame for anything.
Also those people are absolutely wrong. You're not weak at all. Anyone who goes through such a thing like that and keeps carrying on is the exact opposite of weak. The only people who are weak are those who would ditch you in your time of need like that. Someone who would call you weak only shows that there is something wrong with them, not you.

Please know that those scumbags aren't the extent of your resources. There are people out there who geniunely care for you unlike them. You mentioned some of them.
this happened a year after his death, i still wasnt taking it well and one of them was calling me a dick to everyone because of it and calling me all this emo stuff

though you are right, instead of helping me he decided to ditch me and call me all of this shit and screamed at me that i shouldve changed.

(though to be honest, he was a VERY conservative blonde haired kid with eyes bluer than the pacific with 3 fathers, not to be rude or anything but thats just how i find an explanation for his attitude)

Again, I'm real sorry to hear. They should've been a bit more understanding but remember everything I said. There's nothing for you to beat yourself up over and there are many others who do genuinely care about you.

I know what it is like to feel depressed and you feel like your life is over riiingo was able to open up about story so I feel like I should do the same

When I was 15 my mother suffered a miscarriage she was 4 months pregnant she took this very hard and she barely talked to me my father,my brothers and my sister.

My father started to drink a lot more so we couldn't really talk to him my eldest brother and my older sister tried to get him to stop but he wouldn't listen.

going to school was very difficult my friends did what they could but in the end I just shut everyone out and lashed out to people trying to help me something I regret to this day.

I ended up getting into a fight at school because someone in my class made a joke about what happened I broke his nose and I was kicked out of school for two weeks and that made my parents angry I honestly felt like shit and was actually thinking about suicde. It was only when my uncle my mother's younger brother reached out to me as we have always been close he made understand how important it is to talk to someone and not block people

But after some time we were able to get over what happened father stop drinking and my mother was he normal happy self my younger brother was still upset about it but me and my older brothers and my older sister helped the same way my uncle helped me.

I know this story is very depressing but I hope this helps people to understand that you can't get over depression by your self talking to someone close to you will make you feel better

@Sparda 2000000 I edited your comment because some coding issues made it hard to read.

Anyways I'm very sorry about the things you've been through. You do have a very important message that reaching out to others is very important during times like that. And to not surpress yourself and your emotions.

Thanks for having the courage to open up and give others out here great advice.

I always got the impression that regular users and admins have enough problems of their own so I kept my problems to myself.

How suprising to know that users and admins are open to helping you to talk about your personal problems.

Its really surprising how many people on the wiki may be normal, happy, and sort of like my attitude that i usually display, however under it much more can lie. Ive seen this wiki beyond the just "oh we rank power and debate it", many depressed and people with many things going on in life come here and stick around because of how this site is worked, and many of these people can find salvation and happiness with it. Ive found this too during when i joined during March.

I don't think that's something exclusive on this site. People in general just have problems, issues, fears, insecurities, etc. that we hide when we're around others. Whether those problems are super minor or very extreme. It's being human.

This thread was really sweet of you, Ven. ^_^

It's always nice to see someone taking their time, reaching out their hand and sending a message of motivation like this one to all others out there.

Keep struggling, you all.

Even if you get to the point where nobody else does, it's all the more reason for you to believe in yourself.

That you can find a better future. Keep going - for the person writting these words also trusts that you can - and will! - do it, as long as you never lose faith in what you can accomplish and that hope that if we cry today, it's so we will be able to smile much more tomorrow.

To all of you out there, I dedicate this song.

I'm sorry to hear that Sparda, and I know how you feel when it comes to school and shutting people out, as I had social troubles.

When I was 12 my Uncle moved in me and my Mom's apartment, at first I was okay as my Uncle was an alright guy, 4 years pass and no progress made aside from some money made, and my Uncle was driving me off the deep end, constantly teasing me and calling me a dumbass or mocking me when I'm trying to ignore him etc.

At one point he gets me in a choke hold when I lash out and tell him to shut up, I finally tell my father this happened (him and mom seperated when I was 3), and he makes me stay at his house in argues with my mother until he moves out, my mother told me not to confront my Uncle about him teasing us or he'll lash out and it won't be pretty.

Since my Dad had to drive me to the same school and it was getting in the middle of his work, If my uncle didn't move out I'd transfer to a different school, and live with my Father, (I only visited him every other weekend due to where my school is located), in the process my dad told me some stuff about my Uncle I didn't need to know which worssened my relationship with him.

Three weeks passed after my Father made me stay at his house, words cannot come close to describing how scared I was that I would transfer and lose my friends from my old school.

I was lucky enough that my grandmother's birthday was in the middle of this, meaning I had to force myself to confront my Uncle, who, while he didn't apologize (which kinds pissed me off) he was clearly scared that his actions may have made me live a different life I never needed or wanted for the rest of my high school and college days, the next day, him and I call eachother, the dude didn't even apologize even telling me that I should have told him which IFUCKING HAVE MULTIPLE TIMES, but he promised he'd never do it again. I heals back and I said okay, I lived my normal life and that 3 week long nightmare was over.

If my Grandmother's birthday was at a different date, I probably would have never confronted him and lived a different life, different school different friends.

Thanks for making this.

I'm extremely sorry to hear about that horrible time you've gone through, Gargoyle. However you should be very proud of yourself for confronting him. It takes an extraordinary amount of courage to stand up to an abusive family member. Always remember that you have that strength/bravery inside you and let that motivate you when you come across other challenges in your life.

Oh please, I only confronted him knowing he was sorry, both me and mom were scared of him and once news hit my Father I had to either do that or lose my friends.

If anything, the desperate measure my father took forced me into said choice.

This happened less then a year ago, before I joined this site, so I still live with my mother and my uncle, thankfully he's a different person, and him and I get along well.

It really goes to show, this world isn't so black and white.

Just because an abuser is sorry for what they did doesn't mean confronting them about it isn't still terrifying. You even said that you were still scared of him, yet overcame that fear to stay with your friends.

Even if your dad somewhat made you do so it's still once again a very horrible situation you pulled through.

You have every right to be proud of yourself there. And I'm glad to hear that you two have gotten along better since.

Dammit dude I'm about to cry.

I never told anyone about my situation, only my counselor, my parents, and some close friends of my Father know, I really should tell my friends this someday.

I honestly had no idea how long this would go on or if this changed my schools, my two and a half weeks were just nightmares.

Gargoyle One said:
Dammit dude I'm about to cry..
Lol sorry. I just have a lot of respect for you for what you did. And I think you should feel the same for yourself :)

Gargoyle One said:
I never told anyone about my situation, only my counselor, my parents, and some close friends of my Father know, I really should tell my friends this someday.

I honestly had no idea how long this would go on or if this changed my schools, my two and a half weeks were just nightmares.
Well only tell those you really trust and feel comfortable with and want to say this to. And again you have my sympathies for such a horrible time you went through.

Thanks gargoyle that means a lot and ryu is right being able to confront someone you are afraid of takes courage don't underestimate yourself

Code:
:)
I honestly wonder how life would go if I truly transferred schools, life would have been different, but maybe it would be for the better or worse, maybe I'd never get the friends I lost back, maybe I would.

Maybe I'd get a different girlfriend or a different job, I would want to see what that would be like

But in the wise words of TFS Cell, The Multiversa theory is a bitch.

I've made 2 hypothesies based off the main post:

1) This wikia attracts people with problems. This might be useful if people want to set up wikias/other sites for helping said people.

2) Many people in general have these sort of problems. Not sure if this is a cause for concern.

That reminds me, I'm thinking about confronting one of my "best friends" that ditched me.

Face to face talk with him, figure out what the hell hes thinking and what he wants from me.

And if it doesn't work out, then dammit I don't care. Little shit didn't even bother helping me out even when he thinks that I needed to change

(Sorry of me cussing but I got a lot of more hate added to me when I had my last talk with him and he said all of that)

This wiki does attract people with problems. While I had no idea about it back in the day (the original reason for me joining this community was for the sake of consistency for verses I have in the works), I actually told Ryu that this place helped me a lot these days, as I've been experiencing health problems during this month - It's a great pastime and helped me get my head out of things while recovering (btw, before anyone gets worrited, I'm much better by now, so it's alright).

So I'm grateful to the community as a whole for that.

I personally think the kindness and openess of this community in general makes people more comfortable with talking about their problems. Rather than it somehow attracting a disproportionate amount of people with problems.

And everybody has problems whether they're really small or greatly massive. There's nothing weird or out of the ordinary about that. We're just human.

This is a nice thing to do

I'm not really a active member because i feel i will just drag people down, theres a lot in this life i struggle that are very hard to deal with...

Having problems is part of life.

Just don't bottle them up too much or let them stop you.

It's not about having problems - it's about how we face them.

By facing them, we grow up.

And by growing up, we surpass them and find meaning in life.

That's about it. So to anyone reading this - don't be defeated by the challenges and obstacles of life.

You can be so much more than them, if you keep going.

I genuinely wonder this...

Does anyone else wonder what life would be like? Was their ever a big change in your life where you wonder what happened the other way around?

EdenSux said:
This is a nice thing to do

I'm not really a active member because i feel i will just drag people down, theres a lot in this life i struggle that are very hard to deal with...
Feel doesn't mean you will, trust me, many people have problems in life today and have wondered the same thing. Trust me, nothing you do unless you pull an xcano (no offense to him just a joke) will drag anybody in this community down

If there's anyone that knows personally about depression and what it can do to people... It is me. Anyone whom is having any personal problems, assuming i am on, i am more than willing to attempt to help you with whatever you are going through.

I feel like I lost a few good years of my life slacking off and that's why a part of it back in the day was rather dark. As I once said in the chat, had to learn the hard way that just complaining and not actually doing something wouldn't change the situation.

Got past that loooooong way, thankfully. I try not to dwell in the past too much - just learned with my errors, and now here I am. I like who I am today. Wouldn't change that for anything else: All of the experiences I had, choices made, opportunities taken and the ones I lost.

All of that is what made who I am today.

I wouldn't give up on the person I became no matter what, so looking back, I can actually say for sure: "I have my regrets, I have things I don't want to remember, but I feel like it was worth it so far." ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back