• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit: I made this not knowing that compositing was a thing and that this was compositing. So instead of Novel keys I'm proposing Novel profiles (similar to how DBZ has differing Anime and Manga profiles because the tiering differs).

I'm going to propose Novel keys for Naruto, Sasuke, and Momoshiki (maybe this can lead to other Novel keys down the line for people like Itachi, etc). Before you shut me down off rip hear me out, I'm suggesting new, separate Novel keys, not Novel profiles. Because, yes, the characters are not different enough from their Manga/Anime counterparts to get whole separate profiles, but they (at least these three) are so significantly stronger that I feel it warrants some recognition. Plus the amount of effort that is needed to add a key titled "Novel" to Naruto, Sasuke, and Momoshiki among their tiering jazz is super easy. From what I heard someone suggested Novel profiles a while back but got shot down because it was too much work for just a simple tier difference from their Manga/Anime counterparts, which is why I want to suggest the same thing but with keys (hell I'll do all the key adding myself it's that simple). These Novel keys would exist entirely in a vacuum and hold no barring on any type of Naruto/Boruto scaling outside of potential future Novel keys, the sole purpose of their existence is to broaden our Naruto/Boruto scaling on this site. Plus, I've always found it weird that we completely disregarded the Novels, so this is a way to acknowledge them. And please don't come in here and spout nonsense like "you just want universal Naruto or you're just a HST wanker blah blah" don't assume my intentions, plus such accusations will just derail the thread with toxicity. More differing keys for characters means more potential vs battles means more site traffic means more fun discussions with fellow weebs, I'm not doing this to wank Naruto, I'm doing this because it's such a prominent scaling used in Naruto vs debates that it's a shame this site didn't include it. Now onto the actual meat of this CRT:

Naruto's Universe
n1.PNG
n2.PNG

• Naruto’s universe is based off ours
    • Referred to as a Universe on several occasions (satisfies VSBW standards for being universal in size)
    • Naruto’s planet is referred to as ‘Earth’, having a Moon and the star it orbits the ‘sun’
    • Saturn exists within the Naruto Universe (Naruto the Last Novel)
    • Starry skies, auroras, red-shift nebulae and synchrotron radiation exist across the Naruto Universe

Kaguya's Dimensions
n3.PNG

• In these three scans we see that the use of the words “Time-Space” and “Dimension” are interchangeable, and are frequently used in place of each other.
    • What does this mean? This means that it is more than likely that dimensions in general in Naruto (with specific reference to Otsutsuki) are time-spaces.
    • At the bare minimum we know Kaguya’s and dimensions are Time-Spaces
n4.PNG

• It should also be noted an alternate dimension means parallel dimension via almost every definition so both are interchangeable

Momoshiki's Dimension
n5.PNG
n6.PNG
n7.PNG

• 彼の構築した異世界の外 ~Boruto: Naruto the Movie Novel version.
  • Construct
    • According to Naruto one of two things is created: A pocket Universe or a Hyperspace (a higher dimensional construct not to be confused with Mathematical definition subspace, or travel)
    • Naruto is a reliable source since he has shown a cross dimensional cosmic awareness
    • The Narrator describes it as an alternate/parallel universe.
    • Note it can’t be an parallel world because the dimension has stars
    • In the Boruto Report it is stated they fought in an Isekai you can’t fight in a planet
    • 異世界 means “parallel/alternate world/universe” and の外 means “exterior”, where の connects 異世界 to 外 indicating possession. So together 異世界の外 is the “alternate universe’s exterior”.
    • The word parallel in this case is referring to Momoshiki’s dimension being parallel to the universe Naruto lives in.
  • Creation
    • This is an excerpt from the sentence “He was even draining the chakra from beyond the parallel dimension he’d constructed” specifically the “beyond the parallel dimension he’d constructed” portion of the sentence.This is referring to the scene where Momoshiki is absorbing chakra in an attempt to defeat Naruto and Sasuke, so “he” refers to Momoshiki.
    • 彼の means “that” and is used to qualify whatever word are in front of it, i.e. 彼の犬 = that dog or 彼の猫 = that cat.
    • 構築 is the noun for “construction/building/creation”, した is the past tense of the verb する which means “to do”. However, when you attach する to the end of a noun it can turn it into a verb, in this case 構築する becomes “to construct/to build/to create”. Since した is the past tense, 構築した translates to “constructed/built/created”.
    • 異世界 means “parallel/alternate world/universe” and の外 means “exterior”, where の connects 異世界 to 外 indicating possession. So together 異世界の外 is the “alternate universe’s exterior”.
    • Japanese sentence structure functions back to front, so put literally this all comes out to “the exterior of the parallel/alternate universe/world [he/Momoshiki] constructed/built/created”.
  • Naruto compares Momoshiki’s dimension to Kaguya’s dimension.
    • This implies that on some level the Otsutsuki dimensions are similar. Furthermore, if Momoshiki’s dimension is similar to Kaguya’s it would imply that his is also a time-space as opposed to just a 3-D space.
  • The words 空間 and 結界 are used to further hypothesize and describe Momoshiki’s dimension.
    • 空間 (kuukan) means “space”. However it is a bit more complicated than that, 空間 is used to describe an entire space of some sort of set. Meaning 空間 when used to call a 3-D space is referring to the an infinite space or the entire axis of 3-D space.
    • 結界 (kekkai) is commonly used in manga/anime to describe pocket universes.
  • Momoshiki’s dimension is universal in size and very likely a time-space as well.
    • According to VSBW standards for determining if a space is universal size (found here: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Universe), to qualify for universal in size you need to be stated to mirror our universe (our universe being the Naruto universe), outright called a universe, shown to be of size with galaxies/redshifts/etc, called infinite or described using similar words, or called an alternate reality/universe. To which the space must only satisfy one of those conditions to be accepted as universal in size. As seen above Momoshiki’s dimension is called a universe, implied parallel to the regular universe, implied to be potentially infinite, and has been shown to contain a starry sky potentially containing galaxies (it’s rather small and difficult to tell) among a redshift as well (implies universal expansion like our own). Momoshiki’s dimension more than satisfies at least one qualification which nets it universal size by wiki standards.
    • What does this mean? Since Momoshiki is stated to have created his dimension and it is a universal sized space (more than likely a universal sized time-space), that would make Momoshiki Universal, possibly Universal+.

Tiering
  • Momoshiki: 3-A, possibly Low 2-C (created his own dimension), higher with Kinshiki-Absorbed (aftering absorbing Kinshiki, Momoshiki’s own power increased)
    • Keys: Novel
  • Naruto: At least 3-A, possibly Low 2-C (capable of swapping hands with Fused Momoshiki, overwhelmed Fused Momoshiki with Sasuke)
  • Sasuke: At least 3-A, possibly Low 2-C (comparable to Naruto, defeated Fused Momoshiki with Naruto)

Last edited:
True we do have separate profiles for Manga and Anime Goku from DBZ despite the story being the exact same, the only difference being feats, don't see why we can't do that for Naruto.

I only suggested keys over profiles due to the reasons I already stated above.

I disagree I think the evidence is pretty wack. Something being described as an "alternate dimension" or a "timespace" doesn't make it universal in size. This is so wack. It doesn't matter if the main universe is also labeled a dimension words have different meanings in different places.

We are also not going to make non-canon keys.

Like seriously with all due respect the justification in the OP is garbage.

"This is an alternate dimension" so it's the size of a universe since they also refer to the universe as a dimension is nonsense. It's not accepted in any verse that has multiple realms or dimensions.

Also the guy uses Shounen Jump Magazine scans related to the Boruto Movie to argue for the Novel??? Either use one or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back