• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A good Question about Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

Stands are supposed to be beings created by a person's life force so they can't be seen by normal people.

So who else can see them other than other stand users?

No.

The rule that only stands can only be used by other stand users (unless they're objects) should only apply to that universe's rules... I think.

However if that is truly the case and no one else can see stands then there's a huge problem.

Hmm. I'm kind of too tired to explain it but that's really what it said on the JJBA wiki. I even read Araki's chapter on the explanation on how his stands generally work and it literally says the same thing.

Is there a purpose as to why you've asked this particualr question?

Yes,since stands can't be seen by anyone else then it's just one huge disadvantage.

You can't exactly hit what you can't see, smell, or detect in any way whatsoever.

I just want to find out if there are any types of fighters who can actually see the stand to make it a fair fight. Also so I don't have to type that the stand is visible on every thread I make.

(The Persona Verse is quite similar to Jojo's Stands so that's a good way to start but I merely wish to know more)

Thats a difficult question in jojo its established that only a stand user can see a stand but outside of it i dont know the origin of stands had like several retcons first they were psychic abilities then they were things created by life force(i might have gotten that order wrong) so maybe psychis or people who use life force could see stands.

I see. Yeah i obviously get your point.

The Persona verse can very well work since their powers on persona's (at least from what i have read somewhere online) have often been compared to the JJBA verse's stands.

And yeah, idk either on who can fight characters who fight with spiritual beings that generally only those like them can fight.

Edit: Nvrmind, Celestial may have answered it well.

Celestial Pegasus said:
Thats a difficult question in jojo its established that only a stand user can see a stand but outside of it i dont know the origin of stands had like several retcons first they were psychic abilities then they were things created by life force(i might have gotten that order wrong) so maybe psychis or people who use life force could see stands.
Like Shamans?

Anyway I decided to try and barrel down what types of abilities or powers can help solve who or what can see Stands... maybe

1.Spiritual Beings

2.People who can see souls

3. Spider-Man's Spider sense?

4.Psychics

5.People who can use Personas

Any other ideas?

Notadeadguy said:
Celestial Pegasus said:
Like Shamans?

Anyway I decided to try and barrel down what types of abilities or powers can help solve who or what can see Stands... maybe

1.Spiritual Beings

4.Psychics

Any other ideas?
1.Spiritual Beings- Definetly

2.People who can see souls-Most likely

3. Spider-Man's Spider sense? Nope

4.Psychics-Probably

5.People who can use Personas-Not sure i have no knowledge on personas

Like Shamans?

1.Spiritual Beings

4.Psychics

Any other ideas?

4.Psychics-Probably

3. Isn't Spiderman's Spidey sense kind of omnipotent allowing him to at least sense the stand?

5. From what I get from that series, it's basically people fight with Stands called Personas.

@Pegasus: Apparently, some people online have often compared Personas to Stands. Some are similar indeed, others are different.

The minds from Mind Zero verse has the excact same concept as stands : they cant be seen by the ordinary people, only the people that has the control over their mind can see them

Yep, that's the guy on my avatar

1371680599-mind-04
Ncmindzero 03 by naughtyboy83-d6blgob
MIND0.full.1526159

MagiSinbad said:
The minds from Mind Zero verse has the excact same concept as stands : they cant be seen by the ordinary people, only the people that has the control over their mind can see them
Interesting... Do we have any profiles?

MagiSinbad said:

1371680599-mind-04
Ncmindzero 03 by naughtyboy83-d6blgob
MIND0.full.1526159
Cool

Notadeadguy said:
MagiSinbad said:
Interesting... Do we have any profiles?
Nope, at least not until i got my hand the game first o3o it gonna get a PC port this year...maybe

Notadeadguy said:
Like Shamans?

1.Spiritual Beings

4.Psychics

Any other ideas?

4.Psychics-Probably

3. Isn't Spiderman's Spidey sense kind of omnipotent allowing him to at least sense the stand?
5. From what I get from that series, it's basically people fight with Stands called Personas.

3.Spider sense only allows spiderman man precognition as far as i am aware of so he would be able to sense he is in danger but he wouldnt know exactly what it is

5.Interesting

Back