• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A God of War Question

The Redeemed Warrior, as well as several gods, have resistance to certain abilities stemming from wearing the armor of the gods (eg; wearing Hades' armor grants resistance to soul manipulation). However, no scan is attached, and I was unable to find the item descriptions online (just the stat buffs they give, which isn't helpful). So I'm curious if sources could be provided, since a substantial number of abilities rely on these unverifiable claims.

I don't know about Hades and Zeus, but I know that Ares's comes from the novel while Poseidon gets it because his magics effects work differently against enemies and allies even if they are hit by the same attack.

I don't know about Hades and Zeus, but I know that Ares's comes from the novel while Poseidon gets it because his magics effects work differently against enemies and allies even if they are hit by the same attack.
I assume the Ares stuff is in the first novel, yeah? Although both of these seem weird because I'm pretty sure these resistance are attribute to their armor in Ascension, so idk why that'd be the citation if the actual source was the novels/Ascension's gameplay.
Apparently it comes from the gameplay itself, where Redeemed Warriors can resist the shit thrown at them.
That's a two hour stream my man, do you happen to have a time stamp?

So, Redeemed Warriors can survive attacks from soul magic as they fight against two Cerberuses, who use soul attacks.

Then the lightning of Zeus from Zeus's warriors, and while they are damaged by it, they aren't paralyzed or have their magic nullified.

And Poseidon's ice magic from his warriors, as they aren't frozen despite said magic's ability to do so.

Ares's Warrior's can get it from the novel stuff
So, I guess my main concern here is that not every weapon or spell from a specific god has the same properties. For example, the Spear of Poseidon (the weapon being used in the scan) doesn't have any ice attacks, while the sword and gauntlets do (and the scans seem to imply they work just fine against other Redeemed Warriors). Similarly, only some specific magic from Zeus paralyzes/silences on hit, so idk if just facetanking a lightning blast would be enough to say they resist those secondary effects (especially since, again, it seems like these effects are intended to work on other players). Also, I'm still wondering what this has to do with the armor of the gods, because rn it seems like you're arguing all of this stuff is just innate to the Redeemed Warrior lol

Also, is there more context to the Cerberus soul summon thing? Because the fact the scan mentions that these soul attacks are "summoned" makes me think of the souls summons from GoW 3.

So, I guess my main concern here is that not every weapon or spell from a specific god has the same properties. For example, the Spear of Poseidon (the weapon being used in the scan) doesn't have any ice attacks, while the sword and gauntlets do (and the scans seem to imply they work just fine against other Redeemed Warriors). Similarly, only some specific magic from Zeus paralyzes/silences on hit, so idk if just facetanking a lightning blast would be enough to say they resist those secondary effects (especially since, again, it seems like these effects are intended to work on other players)
According to the game's description of magic, these are innate properties of it rather then specific ones(water magic rules over ice and freezes stuff while lightning removes or disables powers). So Poseidon's water Spear would normally freeze enemies, same goes for Zeus lightning bolts. But I'll go look for others to see if there are better ones
Also, is there more context to the Cerberus soul summon thing? Because the fact the scan mentions that these soul attacks are "summoned" makes me think of the souls summons from GoW 3.
In the game, the Cerberus attacks with purple energy similar to us in the game, but nothing more.

only Ares's Armour has any real claim to resist the God's own fire.

So I did a bit more research, and I think I found the reason why we have it.

There's a stat in the game called "Elemental resistance" which gives your character resistance to magic and Elemental damage.

The weird thing is that we have this as only giving resistance to the God's own Elemental power rather then them and all the other's gods when the stat's purpose is to give overall resistance to magic in the game, which should Include well, all the Gods magic.

So I did a bit more research, and I think I found the reason why we have it.

There's a stat in the game called "Elemental resistance" which gives your character resistance to magic and Elemental damage.

The weird thing is that we have this as only giving resistance to the God's own Elemental power rather then them and all the other's gods when the stat's purpose is to give overall resistance to magic in the game, which should Include well, all the Gods magic.
This is interesting, and I did assume it'd have something to do with the elemental resistance attribute, but would that not just be covered by a resistance to magic? Its percentage based, so maybe condensing all those resistances into something like "Resistance to Magic (With the armor of the gods, they may partially reduce the damage taken from magical and elemental attacks)" could work?

This is interesting, and I did assume it'd have something to do with the elemental resistance attribute, but would that not just be covered by a resistance to magic? Its percentage based, so maybe condensing all those resistances into something like "Resistance to Magic (With the armor of the gods, they may partially reduce the damage taken from magical and elemental attacks)" could work?
The magic page has Zeus's, Hades's, Poseidon's and Ares's magic in the game already listed actually, so maybe list it as,

• Resistance to Magic, Hadean Energy, Ice of Poseidon, Lightning of Zeus and The Fires of Ares

The magic page has Zeus's, Hades's, Poseidon's and Ares's magic in the game already listed actually, so maybe list it as,

• Resistance to Magic, Hadean Energy, Ice of Poseidon, Lightning of Zeus and The Fires of Ares
That feels largely redundant, and also a bit inaccurate since the armor doesn't really apply against non-magical attacks (as far as I'm aware, anyways). I don't think the armor would guard against a bolt of lightning in a thunderstorm, or the user diving headfirst into a raging furnace, since those are non-magical versions of the kind of magic their armor protects against.

Of course, that distinction doesn't matter much in most cases (there's no such thing as non-magical soul absorption, after all).

That feels largely redundant, and also a bit inaccurate since the armor doesn't really apply against non-magical attacks (as far as I'm aware, anyways). I don't think the armor would guard against a bolt of lightning in a thunderstorm, or the user diving headfirst into a raging furnace, since those are non-magical versions of the kind of magic their armor protects against.
Actually, it's described in the digital guide as resisting to both the Elemental attacks and magic.
Of course, that distinction doesn't matter much in most cases (there's no such thing as non-magical soul absorption, after all).
Wdym, soul absorption is completely natural, ask the Karens

Back