• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

a few questions regarding huge numbers

so as we know there are characters who can multiply and increase their physical abilities and depending on the power of the verse, so is the level of which this could be done

my question is

Is there a limit this wiki places on the characters' powers when it comes to multiplication?

for example take the number googolplex or 1010100

it is incredibly huge and i believe acceptable here in the wiki.

however if i suddenly decided to make a character whose incredibly and stupidly strong due to being able to multiply his power by a googolplex to the googolplex, will it be allowed?

the same goes for speed

while i know that yes we can give characters immeasurable and infinite speeds. these sound less crazy and stupid than multiplying one's lets say 1000x FTL speeds by 500^150K^500K and all this to 1010100 to give a number.

While i don't think anyone aside from me thinks of these incredibly huge numbers and look for ways to implement them in a story and character without it sounds too crazy. There is still the posibility someone will try it.

so again, my questions or to sum it into one question. How far is the wiki willing to let the stat increase ability go in terms of increase?

There is no hard limit set by the rules on this stuff, but it will get frowned upon by the general community.

I generally go with the low-end to be more reasonable. So if I have a feat for a character going across the Universe, I'll use baseline numbers like the observable Universe.

Although some people has the same feat but they use Googolplex for their Universe and the result is MUCH larger than mine despite my feat being FAR superior in a vacuum; simply because they used a larger distance.

Back