• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A few questions about Kratos

So I'm curious about a few things involving how Kratos functions in certain keys.

I think the first thing I need to ask is, aside from powers and items we know he loses at certain points (like his Godhood), does Kratos retain every item and power he had in previous games? Like for instance, would he be able to use the elemental powers from Ascension in his Chains of Olympus key? Or what about items he gained like the aging amulet and the Orkos stone? If the answer is 'it's complicated,' I'd love to know how this kinda stuff is handled.

Second, does the Power of Hope Kratos absorbed from Pandora's Box just lie dormant in him between the Ares fight and Kratos's final battle with Zeus? Or does it work some other way?

Lastly, since Kratos put all of his War/Death god powers into the Blade of Olympus, does that mean that the blade can do the kinds of things Kratos could do as the God of War after that happens? And if that's true, does that technically make the Blade the Abstract Concept of Death? Cuz thinking about that is pretty funny.

Thanks ahead of time to those who might help clear this up. This hasn't necessarily been eating at me as much as I have just been curious.

aside from powers and items we know he loses at certain points (like his Godhood
He doesn't lose them, as much as put it inside the Blade of Olympus.
does Kratos retain every item and power he had in previous games
Only the items which are permanently destroyed or stolen are lost.
Also depends on which Kratos version you talk about.

Like for instance, would he be able to use the elemental powers from Ascension in his Chains of Olympus key?
Obviously, those are innate powers. Innate powers aren't lost, in GoW1 Athena restores them after Ares strips them. In GoW2 those powers reside in Blades.

Or what about items he gained like the aging amulet and the Orkos stone?
Not lost untill destruction. Which isn't untill end of GoW3. Few weapons are taken away tho, such as Gauntlets of Zeus and Helios Shield.

Second, does the Power of Hope Kratos absorbed from Pandora's Box just lie dormant in him between the Ares fight and Kratos's final battle with Zeus? Or does it work some other way?
Yes, it went dormant between Ares and Zeus fight.

Lastly, since Kratos put all of his War/Death god powers into the Blade of Olympus, does that mean that the blade can do the kinds of things Kratos could do as the God of War after that happens? And if that's true, does that technically make the Blade the Abstract Concept of Death? Cuz thinking about that is pretty funny.
Yes and No.
The Blade absorbs his Godhood. But he can still access the powers/physiology as long as he has the blade in his arsenal. Though formally he is still "Mortal DemiGod" not a God as far as titles are considered.
The Blade is only the container.

So I'm curious about a few things involving how Kratos functions in certain keys.

I think the first thing I need to ask is, aside from powers and items we know he loses at certain points (like his Godhood), does Kratos retain every item and power he had in previous games? Like for instance, would he be able to use the elemental powers from Ascension in his Chains of Olympus key? Or what about items he gained like the aging amulet and the Orkos stone? If the answer is 'it's complicated,' I'd love to know how this kinda stuff is handled.

Thanks ahead of time to those who might help clear this up. This hasn't necessarily been eating at me as much as I have just been curious.
1.Well he looses many of his Arsenal,you can see it when many of them are broke due to the Effect of Fear Astral Zeus Thundershock,he should still able to use it since it was reside in the Blade of Chaos and for The Amulet + Orkos i don't too much know but maybe he left it in Greek and since Kratos go to Norse and tried to left anything about his past so many of his Arsenal are left in greece (except the Blade of Chaos)

2.He Absorb Hope itself,and that power make Kratos can comparable to Ares even Kill him

3.Hmm you mean in GoW2 when Zeus use Blade of Olympus to Absorb Kratos power?i guest/maybe,im not too much sure for this and also i doubt that the Blade was also Absorb Kratos Abstract (Death) Nature

Also beside of it,does Kratos still wield "Death" for his GoW4 Keys?
Well he kept that back in Greece when he stabbed himself with Blade. Since Death is essential for reality to work properly. Obviously Death isn't god or divine now, but is is an essential concept for reality.

So no GoW4 Kratos doesn't have that.

Well he kept that back in Greece when he stabbed himself with Blade. Since Death is essential for reality to work properly. Obviously Death isn't god or divine now, but is is an essential concept for reality.

So no GoW4 Kratos doesn't have that.
So what are you tried to say is that Kratos was also released Death to Greek when he Stabbed himself?

Should have made it clear I was only really asking these about Greek Saga Kratos. I know he probably lost or ditched most of the stuff he got in Greece when he moved to the Norse mythology. Still though, thanks for the response

Either way, I never realized that Kratos kept his Death powers up until the end of 3. That's actually pretty cool.

Does that mean that anyone who fights him after Ghost of Sparta gets NPI?

Last edited:
Another question that popped into my head: What powers did Kratos lose when he fell into the River Styx at the beginning of 3? Was it just his magic based stuff?

Btw i just think about something,Blade of Chaos are able to Absorb life and power of the enemies but in the end of 1 we know that Athena gave Kratos the Blade of Athena to replace Blade of Chaos so the question is : did Blade of Athena had the same abilities as Blade of Chaos does? i mean the abilities to Absorb Life and power

Btw i just think about something,Blade of Chaos are able to Absorb life and power of the enemies but in the end of 1 we know that Athena gave Kratos the Blade of Athena to replace Blade of Chaos so the question is : did Blade of Athena had the same abilities as Blade of Chaos does? i mean the abilities to Absorb Life and power
Obviously...all Blades work same.
Its on Kratos profile.
Kratos forcefully absorbs Thera's Power.

So, does the Blade of Olympus have the ability to use the powers Kratos had as the God of War after he puts them in the blade?

Back