• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A few Daedra Princes at 2-A

Okay, so onto the other Daedric Princes/Divines:

It would be absurd to think that, for example, Hircine or Molag Bal (who is considered one of the stronger/strongest Princes) could be so far below Sheogorath (even if he was once one of the most powerful princes himself). Each of the Daedric Princes have comparable levels of power to one another, with the only one ever branded "weak" being Peryite. So to say that Sheogorath is millions of times more powerful than even Molag Bal, who is at least 2-B, would make zero sense.

Given how absurdly wide 2-A is, and how comparable the Daedra and Divines are to each other, they would likely be warranted a 2-A change as well, yes?

well, I don't know about that. Sheogorath wasn't so much a prince as he was another face of the strongest prince, at least before the CoC took on his role. Is there any way we can scale them to Sheogorath?

Well, obviously, if Sheogorath is in fact still as powerful as Jyggalag, then they are not as strong as he is, but due to the fact of how wide the 2-A category is, it would make no sense for them to be anything lower.

Okay, well I found out a couple things looking through the Imperial Library:

1. Sheo is considered part of a group of 4 troublemaking Daedras that consist of Molag Bal, Mehrunes Dagon and Malacath...since these ones are usually considered among the strongest Daedra, I would find it strange that they are so different in strength. So they should scale. Link: http://www.imperial-library.info/content/ahemmusa-tribe

2. COC may not actually be Sheogorath...it says Haskill was also a former adventurer who "mantled" Sheogorath in the past and it involved Jyggalag. It is possible that the CoC was merely absorbed.

I wouldn't say that. The term "prominent" does not automatically imply "powerful." It could just as easily mean "influential" or "important."

And even in the event that they are weaker than the "prominent" Daedra, 2-A is still so wide that it would make less sense to rank them as 2-B.

I guess but we need to make the comparisons between them very clear.

At the very least, the four I mentioned above are the strongest four Daedra (considering Jygg=Sheo)

Perhaps. But even then, some of the other Princes such as Boethiah are compared directly to Princes like Molag Bal. The House of troubles simply refers to the 4 Princes that rebelled against the Tribunal's rule, and doesn't really imply that they would be so far above the others.

(note: I am not saying that all Princes are as strong as each other [since Peryite was described as weak for example], only that it is impossible to gauge exactly and perfectly how much stronger they would be compared to each other.)

I find it strange, however, that princes who have been described as some of the strongest are grouped together like that. Jyggalag was called the most powerful, Malacath was an equal to Akatosh, Mehrunes Dagon and Molag Bal are clearly rivals in terms of who will rule the world (both are also called top tier). None of the other princes have anything like that and those that do are grouped together...seems like a good indicator to me.

Now that I think about it, it is obvious that several of the Daedric Princes are stronger than the others, like you are saying. However, the degree to which they are is not exactly specified. We can't assume that it would be as big as a million times difference or the like. Even going by these links you posted, the most logical choice would be to put the rest at 2-A. Sure, we could note that some are weaker, but we don't know to what extent, or how to even go about that.

No I mean you can put them at 2-A but make it clear that there is a tiering difference.

Just put in the profile that they are mid-tier, top-tier, etc

Yes, that's what I thought you meant.

We could put a note at the bottom of each page suggesting where each Daedra would rank compared to the others?

Ok, but before we do that, we should wait and see what Ant says before doing any form of upgrades.

I am fine with the upgrades, but also think that you should insert notes about their strengths relative to each other.

Back