• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Disastrous Revision Appears! The Novel Revision!

So the novel was accepted back as canon here. And it was requested to revert the changes until everything is evaluated here.

So let's get started!
ddxrih2-6f95f374-5f3a-428d-8545-d887b5c2078c.png

Blog with the changes

First: Visual​

Changed the images of Kusuo (Anime) and Kuriko to have full body images. Also a quote was added. Nicknames added

Second: Power & Abilities Reorganization​

Shion and I thought it would be more practical to organize the P&A according to whether the skills are Passive, Thought, Touch or Gesture.

Third: Stats​

AP: At least Low 5-B physically, 2-A with Psy Energy, possibly 'far higher | At least Low 5-B physically, 2-A with Psy Energy, possibly far higher | At least 5-B physically, 2-A with Psy Energy, possibly far higher

Reason: Explanation. Then 4-D, or 5-D if R>F is accepted.

Dura: Planet level (Somewhat tanked attacks from his alternate version even though his alternate version removed his limiters) | At least Planet level | At least Large Planet level (States that without its limiters, he becomes 100 times stronger)

LS: Class E physically (Was able to lift a plane without much effort, moved a typhoon using his arms) At least Class Z possibly Stellar with Telekinesis (He was about to move the sun, said he can easily lift an entire ship, was able to lift the Roppongi Hills Mori Tower without much effort as a child, can casually stop a meteorite, able to retain his alternate version which is 100 times stronger without the limiter) | Class E physically, At least Class Z possibly Stellar with Telekinesis | Class Z physically, Class Z possibly Stellar with Telekinesis (States that without its limiters, he becomes 100 times stronger)

Speed: FTL (Saiki can casually run at the speed of light,[90][Translation 2] he flew across the continent to America and was able to eat a coffee bean jelly in 6 milliseconds before it could hit the floor) | At least FTL | At least Massively FTL (States that without its limiters, he becomes 100 times stronger, he also becomes much faster than before)

Stamina: Superhuman (Repeatedly used his powers over 13000 times in a six second loop) | Superhuman | Superhuman, possibly Infinite (He stated that if he removed his limiters, he could start to teleport and fight for eternity against his alternate version, Infinite for his soul (Toritsuka explains that ghosts are not hungry or tired)

Range: Same as AP

Intelligence: Explained in the blog

Fourth: "New" Abilities & Resistences

Passives:
Tought:

Gesture:
Resistance:
There are other changes, but those are explanations of abilities from the novel. So it doesn't change much

Please let's keep this a calm and friendly discussion.

Count:

Agree:

Neutral:

Disagree:

Last edited:
Gotta find time to make this non-canon again... or make J-Star Victory VS canon as it actually has better evidence lol

Sight Energy is not 4D or 5D or anything. It's a power used to portal between universes which is also how it's used in battle. Saiki is noted to not actually be able to do even that alone with his power.
It coming from "readers" in no way makes it anything. Even assuming we accepted those as Tier 2/1 beings (they don't have the feats for that; they just exist in a 4th wall sense) Sight Energy is something generated from their emotions. It's not proportionally related to the power of readers. Not to mention that all users only channel it. Channeling some tiny amount of power from someone doesn't put you on their level.
Sight also didn't fuse universes in any literal sense, it only made some characters appear.

Here's the only fight of someone using Sight for battle. It also includes a practical demonstration of how connecting worlds just summons things and shows how using up a whole years worth of Sight energy amounts to little more than summoning a few people.
“It’s energy that exists in a completely different dimension from superpowers. I’m sure it must be hard to conceptualize. A full explanation of ‘sight’ energy would be too complicated, so for now, allow me to answer why I’m here in the first place. As the novelization progressed, this world has been shifting off-axis little by little. I used this ‘sight’ energy to infiltrate this novel and come to this world. Though I was caught and questioned by the police at first. Then I let one year go by, and that’s how we got here.”

This newly-serialized story’s protagonist just admitted that he’s been arrested by the police. Is everyone alright with that?

“That’s right, didn’t you notice several of Asou’s characters sprinkled throughout this world? They were part of a ritual of sorts. I used the ‘sight’ energy to make the boundaries between universes hazy. And then put all of those worlds together once I had gathered enough energy. There might be characters from all sorts of universes hiding in plain sight everywhere!” he says and then laughs maniacally.

“So that’s ‘sight’ energy!”

Haganeno grabs some chains off the floor. At the other end, there’s a spiky wrecking ball. We look at it and take a fighting stance.

Where was he hiding a weapon that huge in the first place? Not to mention neither Saiki Kusuo nor I could foresee that he’d be fighting us with a weapon.

“I’ve summoned a weapon from my world. Justice Iron Tornado Ball!!”

He raises his voice, and then starts waving the giant steel ball over his head.

Justice Iron Tornado Ball is a weapon that Haganeno uses in “Our Hero Studies”.

This giant amount of energy that makes the boundaries between worlds hazy also allowed him to summon his weapon with ease. That’s troublesome.

“Ha ha ha!! Dieee!! You pieces of trash!!”

Haganeno throws his steel ball at us while shouting a very non-heroic line.

An unknown weapon in an unknown world. Things will get even worse if he starts pulling out even more weapons from his world. Well, I guess I could stop this steel ball with just one finger, though. I point my index finger at the mass of steel flying at us. I’m not worried about my finger at all, of course. The moment it’s about to touch the steel ball, it stops mid-air.

(Actually, we can stop it without even touching it.)

Says Saiki Kusuo standing beside me as he uses his psychokinesis.

Well, you’re right.

The ball in front of me is still floating mid-air. Then it returns right to Haganeno with aggressive speed.

However, your body can get weaker if you don’t move every once in a while, you know?

I say with a slight smile.

“Ouuuuch! The spikes hurt!!” screams Haganeno in pain, taking the blunt strike of the steel ball. However…

“That hurts, you bastards! What do you think you’re doing?!”

His wounds start healing immediately. What a lively guy.

“Ugh, I knew I had no chance against an esper on my own…” spits out Haganeno.

“Weapons aren’t enough. I need more people.”

Don’t tell me you can even summon people from your world…?!

“Precisely! Come over, characters from ‘Our Hero Studies’!”

He opens his arms and smirks.

Suddenly, the air behind Haganeno starts getting distorted, and from the distortion, a beam of light I had never seen before appears. Ripples start spreading in a circular pattern, and then out of nowhere, an entire city appears in front of me.

“I’m connecting both worlds! This is the power of ‘sight’!”

Dark clouds start forming surrounding Haganeno. Our surroundings get dark as night, and we’re enveloped in an unpleasant aura. An ominous wind starts blowing.

“Hahahahahaha!! Rejoice as the characters from 'Our Hero Studies’ start pouring into this world! This world will soon be overtaken by

'Our Hero Studies’
! And then Saiki Kusuo will be no more than an extra character! Will he be able to survive until the end? Who knows?! This is Asou’s All-Star Battle to the death!” Haganeno announces loudly as his cape flutters in the ominous wind.

“Ha ha ha… And it’s not just this novelization… I’ll take over the volumes and eventually chapters in the Weekly Shonen Jump as well! Next week’s issue won’t have ‘The Disastrous Life of Saiki Kusuo’ in it, but ‘My Hero Studies’!”

Watch the title!

Haganeno laughs loudly without noticing he got the name of his own series wrong. I guess he has internalized the mistake, despite me emphasizing that it should be Our.

“Let me teach you a lesson, you serialized Jump bastards! I’m back!!”

The world keeps distorting due to the power of ‘sight’. The rumble everywhere gets even louder and snappier.

What a disaster. Haganeno has a strong final boss vibe to him. I don’t think I’ve ever met someone like that so far. Is it really okay for a protagonist like him to become a final boss in the first place? Aren’t you treating your protagonists too harshly?

“Bwahahaha… Bwahahahaha!! Eh? …. Huh?”

Haganeno turns around to check the world’s distortion. Everything’s distorted and rumbling, but no one’s coming over. Eventually even the sound effects stop altogether. It’s quiet.

The first one to break the silence with a deafening scream is Haganeno himself.

“Whaaaat?! Why isn’t anybody coming over?! Why?! Come!!”

Haganeno starts punching the distortion like someone who’s trying to punch a broken TV back in shape. The surface ripples along. Wait, you can just touch it like normal?

Haganeno starts bickering, clearly frustrated.

“Damn it!! Why isn’t anyone showing up?! Why?! What happened to Buffalo Crap Island?! And Shigeru-kun the doll?! What about the guy with the beat board?! Show up already!!”

I don’t really get it, but he seems to be calling out for some strange people. He didn’t even call the last guy by his name, so I guess that’s how important of a character he is. If the recollection of the “Our Hero Stories” readers is correct, his choices were a big gamble.

“This is bullshit!! Come on out already!! I’ll break your damn teeth!!”

Haganeno starts kicking the world’s distortion. More importantly, what even is that distortion in the first place? It’s behaving like some stolen front door you’d find on the black market.

As this clearly demonstrates, this man has no friends whatsoever.

And then finally someone shows up beyond the rippling surface.

“No one in Asou’s world supports your plan, man.”

A young man’s shadow says from the other side. He seems to be young.

“Huh?! What did you just say? I’ll drag you here and kill you!”

Haganeno starts blurting out lines more fitted for a random bad-guy extra.

The shadow eventually comes into full view. It really was a young man. He’s a highschool student… no, probably a college student. His hair is long and stretches to his shoulders, his face is clean and there’s a cross-shaped pendant hanging over his neck. He’s dressed like a Visual Kei fan. An outfit like that would look off on a regular person, but his slender and fit body makes it look quite cool. His eyes are a little rough, but he’s still a man you’d call good-looking. I could believe it if you told me he’s an idol.

The man introduces himself.

“Hmph… My name is Ruchi. I’m a super idol in the 'Legendary Idol New Generation: Kanata Seven Change’ universe.”

He raises his hand and gives a friendly smile.

However, now taking another look as an outsider… We have a hero, an idol, an esper, and universal chaos. Not to mention that I’m currently in my female form.

“I’ve come here because I won’t let you do as you please, Haganeno!” he says, and then strikes a clearly planned pose. Good grief… first Haganeno and now this guy.

“I cannot overlook your attempt to take over Saiki’s world, 'Kanata’s’ protagonist!”

You liar. What about the idol actually named “Kanata”?

By the way, these are his thoughts as he says that line.

(A world of heroes? You must be kidding me. I’ll use the power of ‘sight’ to turn this world into one that adores me… Ha ha ha…)

Ruchi is this kind of backhanded guy. He puts up a friendly face for his fans and comrades, but behind closed doors he’s a selfish and self-indulgent person. Besides, I hear that he got fired by his manager recently, so he’s more of a former idol.

Haganeno shouts aggressively at Ruchi, “Don’t get involved, you brat! Who even are you?! Where did you come from?!”

However, Ruchi responds in a calm manner.

“Hm! Allow me to introduce myself again… I am Ru—”

“Shut up!!”

Haganeno kicks Ruchi in the face, and so Asou’s All Star Battle begins. However, it ends immediately. Ruchi collapses back into the distortion with a shriek. I said he was a backhanded guy, but it seems like he isn’t going to be back, since he couldn’t even defeat Haganeno…

He got fired by his manager, and he probably only showed up because he was the most desperate out of Asou’s character roster. As a neutral party to all of this, how characteristic of him. Well, I guess he still cares about his fans, and he’s kind of a good guy with a strong will, so in the end I think we might see him again. Maybe.

“Huff… huff… damn it… no one respects me…” Haganeno mutters, enraged and out of breath. The distortion then vanishes right in front of him, without even making a sound.

“Huh…?”

Haganeno opens his mouth in disbelief.

At some point the dark clouds dissipated, and turned into a blue sky. The ominous wind also disappeared. The sunlight shines and little birds are singing. It’s a scenery straight out of a picture.

Haganeno turns pale.

“Huh? Wait… No way…? No… All the ‘sight’ I gathered for a year… there’s no way that it’s all just gone like that… right…?”

Seems like you’ve used up all your ‘sight’. Haganeno collapses on the floor. He can’t summon any weapons or people. He seems distraught and astonished.

“Nobody showed up and I used up all my ‘sight’. This sucks! Damn it!! Damn you Saikiii! I wanted to be a part of the J Stars Victory Versus as well!!”
And Saiki doesn't even scale to those amounts of Sight energy. It needs 2 Saiki's full power to replicate the Sight effect of just sending a single person to a different universe.
I make a suggestion to Saiki Kusuo.

(…We can do that?)

Saiki Kusuo’s expression changes slightly in surprise.

Of course we can. We’re both espers, and there’s two versions of Saiki Kusuo right here.

(You’re right… Let’s give it a try)

Alright, let’s use our “psy” instead of “sight”… Let’s do this.

We both open our eyes wide. Saiki Kusuo and I open our arms and combine our powers. This is a power that can connect one world with another. We can create a distortion just like Haganeno did with “sight” earlier. Of course, I’ve never done this before, and I wouldn’t be able to do it normally, even without my limiter.

If I were alone, that is.

However, right now I have me by my side. An esper, Saiki Kusuo. The most reliable person there is. I’m sure we can make the impossible possible together.

Saiki Kusuo and I create a pale blue energy that begins floating in the air, just like the distortion from earlier.

TL;DR Sight is used for summoning/opening portals and grants no tier whatsoever.

I don't think Saiki surviving being shoved into a wall is reason for scaling, when he fully admits that a serious attack, with appropriate consequences, would have killed him.
Not only that, but it keeps moving until it eventually splits even the mountains in the background.

This is a full-power “ton”.

If I hadn’t dodged that, I would be dead meat.

The limiter scaling should be taken with a grain of salt. He isn't sure how much stronger he gets.
If I take them off, I become several, tens, or hundred times stronger than I currently am.
Could be any of those.
To be honest, I’m not even sure just how destructive my attacks could be without the limiters on.
Or something else entirely. Saiki has no idea how strong he is himself.

Also, it's directly against our multiplier rules to use them as suggested in the revision i.e. use the same multiplier for speed. Multiplier has to be stated to include a specific stat to be used. The numbers for Saiki's are never said to relate to his speed, but only about strength.

Honestly, that this is brought up as evidence for him getting abilities from the reader again is... well, hard to assume to be in good faith. Especially without context once again.
See the "Author commentary on how he get input from readers isn't canon" section here.
In that thread you also see the reason the FTL panel shouldn't be used. This is once again trying to pass off a poem send in by a reader as canon info.

No reason range would be same as AP.

Clashing telekinesis vs telekinsis is not power null.

As already explained, Saiki explicitely can't replicate the power of Sight on his own. in general no reason to assume he could do all it can, as his power is something different.

The transmutation is questionable. Could be that he meant for Saiki to use his teleportation switching technique to do that.

Sealing is just wrong. That's a manner of speech for pressing down real hard.

Main Saiki doesn't have the baby rattle and hence also doesn't have this power of his parallel world self. In general the parallel world self is more powerful than Saiki due to actually training his powers.

(I thought you’d give me more trouble than this boring fight. I really can’t believe we’re supposed to be the same person. Leaving your limiters aside, my superpowers should be much stronger than that, right?)

I completely collapse as he keeps complaining dejectedly. I see Saiki Kusuo’s shoes in front of me. I can’t move my body. All I can do is watch.

(Are you sure you’re not getting weaker?)

He asks, and then sighs.

(I’m sure you’re just getting along with Nendo and Kaido, right? Is that the reason?)

What… do you mean…?

(I see you’ve been holding back your own powers subconsciously. I don’t exactly understand why, but I’d say you’re generally only using your powers in extreme moderation to avoid harming those around you, right? What a stupid thing to do.)

My eyelids feel progressively heavier. I don’t think I can even move a finger anymore.

(You couldn’t even read my mind, and your own thoughts were leaking all over the place. Your psychokinesis has also been getting weaker. The only thing you could do was run away and defend yourself. Your reflexes are far too slow. What use do your powers even have?)

Saiki Kusuo keeps going. His telepathic voice is quietly echoing in my head.

(It’s all because of your useless friends. You’ve become weaker. However, that’s where I’m different from you. I’ve always lived alone. I never hold back when using my powers. There’s no need to do so in the first place. Why should I care about how those people feel? Why should a supreme being like me get along with his stupid classmates? I just want to live a quiet life. In which case, I should use all my powers to achieve it. It’s pretty simple.)

The supernatural luck doesn't work. I don't recall Suzumiya Hii's bad luck being stated to be due to lacking a guardian spirit. Unless I'm missing something not sure why her bad luck is brought up.
And even if, everyone has a guardian spirit. If anything having one is a prerequisite for normal luck, not for supernaturally good luck. In practice the guardian spirits never do anything.

Last edited:
LS: Class E physically (Was able to lift a plane without much effort, moved a typhoon using his arms)
i don't really care about anything else here but
why is this being scaled to his physicals? it's air, not something you can normally physically interact with like a solid object (lest you have a type of NPI).
in that very panel you say "using his arms" he's not making contact with it, and the shape of the air around him makes it look like he just used them to gesture while he used TK or something - it doesn't immediately scream "yes he pushed this with his hands"

Last edited:
We don't need a CRT for images lol I agree with most of the stuff DT said especially on 2-A. Sight/Psy definitely doesnt scale to AP
Shion and I thought it would be more practical to organize the P&A according to whether the skills are Passive, Thought, Touch or Gesture.
I dont think this is even needed to be evaluated, it is just making the profile cleaner.
So what is getting removed and what is staying? Can you make a summary, I am just so tired of this profile we should finally get a conclusion and start genuinly using the character in vsthreads without fearing an entirely new overhaul lol.

So what is getting removed and what is staying? Can you make a summary, I am just so tired of this profile we should finally get a conclusion and start genuinly using the character in vsthreads without fearing an entirely new overhaul lol.
At a glance, I think none of the here suggested changes should get added? Unless I missed one.

Back