• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Dark Lord fights a future Demon King

If this is meant to be Odio and not Oersted, I don't think this is fair. Odio resists sleep manip and is non-corporeal to TDL's lack of non-physical interaction. There's also the problem that he's omnipresent throughout 8 timelines + his true form is an abstract type 1.

TDL actually has NPI, though it's listed under Soul Manipulation (Has the powers of the Great Sage who has this). If Odio's Non-Corporality isn't soul-based it probably won't work.

Would killing Oersted himself (I.E. True Odio's avatar) cause The Dark Lord to become the Demon King or does it not work like that?

Odio dosn't seem to have Non-Physical Interaction, either, so the Dark Lord's true form could pose a problem.

Killing Oersted wouldn't cause The Dark Lord to become the Demon King, no. Although if it did, it'd be a win for Odio since the Demon King is basically a person/monster/being possessed by Odio's true form.

Given that Odio is non-corporeal himself, and can control Alicia's soul, he should have non-physical interaction. I could list it ig, but it felt a little redundant.

Pure Odio would lead with stuff like spatial attacks, life eraser (life draining) or saint alicia (7-C attack that petrifies, sleeps and reduces stats). He may also use Armageddon which is essentially a timeline nuke.

Should I change the matchup to something else? Dark Lord probably stomps regular Oersted.

How does his face stealing work and how quick does it activate? Regular Oersted may have decent wincons depending on this.

He just kind of points. It generally happens before characters compareable to him in speed can react.

That does sound problematic, yeah. If he leads with it in combat, then Oersted is hard pressed for options without a face. Razor Sonic acts as a pretty powerful AoE attack, so that could help.

When the Dark Lord actually cares about who he's fighting, he usually saves face stealing for later. But against some random guy he'd probably go for stealing.

Should I change the matchup?

So what I've gathered:

Oersted's advantages:

• Has a very good AP advantage (>7.1 tons vs >>>1.2 tons)
  • Dark Lord has no defence for any of Oersted's hax abilities, notably sleep manip.
  • Has superior range to the Dark Lord (dozens of metres vs several), and AoE attacks to bypass face stealing somewhat.
  • Seems to be the more skilled fighter
Dark Lord's advantages:

• Oersted has no defence for any of Dark Lord's hax, notably sleep manip and face stealing since those seem to be the main ones he uses ic
  • His summoning is a potential problem
I'm honestly leaning towards Oersted with this one, mid or high diff. He has an AP advantage of over 5x and gets off the first hit or so due to the range advantage. From there, while face stealing will definitely be a problem for Oersted, his AoE attacks and the fact that Dark Lord would be injured from the first hit means that he should be able to land the killing blow(s). Especially if he uses moon down.

Seems like something only the Dark Curse could and/or would do when seperated from the Dark Lord. And I'm assuming that Oersted doesn't need to beat the Dark Curse to win, seeing as regular Oersted can't hit intangibles.

In character, if the Dark Lord is defeated, the Dark Curse tries to posess whoever defeated him.

Hmm, that sucks. Though if you're interested, one of the more haxier characters in Live a Live has NPI, just waiting for his 8-C calc to be evaluated before I add his profile.

Back