• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Courage profile

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
I was watcing the show, and decidied the dog needed a profile. However, I noticed that the dog use to have a profile. So, I felt like it would be best to ask is people would accept me to creating a new, correct version, as the previous was 2-A for some reason. Anyways, here it goes.

Tier: 9-A, likely 4-C

Name: Courage the Cowardly Dog

Origin: Courage the Cowardly Dog

Classification: Dog

Powers and Abilities: Sound Manipulation, Regenerationn, Toonforce, Enhanced Senses, Superhuman Stats, Shapeshifting, Body Control, Knowledge of Martial Arts, Resistance to Mind Control, Sealing

Attack Potency: Small Building level (destroyed his house with a scream), likely Star level (broke the sun with a scream)

Speed: Unknown:

Lifting Strength: Unknown

Striking Strength: Unknwon

Durability: Multi City Block level (survived the core of the sun), likely Star level (survived a stomp batle against Mecha Courage, who was better than him in every way except stamina)

Stamina: Remarkably high, as he survived many stomp battles, including his gladiator fight against Mecha Courage, and his dodgeball game against all of his enemies. He also survived being frozen for days.

Range: Stellar

Standard Equipment: None

Intelligence: Surprisingly high. Can speak English, and solved most if not all problems in the show within a reasonable amount of time.

Weaknesses: Courage is a coward, though he would put that behind him to save the ones he loves. He also is commonly strangled.

We're probably going to need links to confirm these.

That said, Courage's feats are widely inconsistent due to the nature of the series being a horror/gag comedy. Are you sure the sun thing isn't an outlier?

If we do make him a profile, it should be considered the sun destroying a massive outlier possibly explainable because of him being a "toon force" esc. character

Seems fair enough, I could make this after work tomorrow, or you could make it and I can fix it up if you need it.

Penguinkingpin said:
If we do make him a profile, it should be considered the sun destroying a massive outlier possibly explainable because of him being a "toon force" esc. character
The problem with this line of logic is that him destroying a building with a scream is also absurd enough to technically count as toonforce, as Courage's screams have not been shown to have any special properties; they just break things for the sake of humor and absurdity.

@Dark. It might not be a legit laser, but the laser did travel to a plane, a volcano, and back in no more than 10 seconds.

@Rep. I'll make the profile, and if you could fix it up, that'd be nice.

@cal, doing a rough calc of that.

Because of the Maoi statues, I assume the laser fired to Easter Island. Since I can't find one that matches the one in the animation, I'm gonna use Poike since it looks like the closest to Kansas. Since the town doesn't seem to be based off a real town (or I can't find it), I'll just use the center of Kansas. Distance between them is 4625 miles.

Beam fired at 6:05 and came back at 6:14, so about 9 seconds.

Putting the numbers into a calculator gives me 827024 m/s or Mach 2411. Since the beam did come back at the end, the numbers are basically doubled at 4422.

Take from that what you will..

A MHS+ Courage. I'm happy beyond belief. And you were right to assume Kansas, as Nowhere, Kansas is the setting.

If these scream statistics entirely depend on symbolic gag humour, and courage is othervise shown as a very low-level character, it might be best to avoid creating the profile altogether.

The small building wasn't gag humor, as it was the resolution of the episode. He screamed so loud that it caused an earthquake, blew the roof off of his house, and opened a chasm to swallow his foes. He then did it again at the very end and it accidentally collapsed the house. The Star feat was gag.

Okay. I will adjust the profile accordingly.

I did a KE calc of the laser feat (using 14 lbs as Courages weight since thats apparently the average weight of baby Jack Russell Terriers) and got 490 tons or Multi-City Block. So theirs that.

Okay. You will have to write a blog post for the calculation though.

As I mentioned to cal, in the episode "Mega Muriel the Magnificent", Courage and Muriel (albeit possessed by The Computer) are shot from a cannon to the Moon, leaving a crater behind around 1/10th the size of the moo and flew all the way through it. They then got hit by a moon sized Alien and landed on Earth with no lasting injuries. I don't really know how to calc it, but it seems safe to say that it be Continent level.

If that's not to be accepted, then the Kinetic Energy of cannon yielded 8 Megatons when I calc'd it (I'll make a blog if asked).

If it were to be accepted, it scale to pretty much everyone else's Attack Potency since they can all harm Courage in some way.

Durability should be changed immensly there was one episode where Courage and Muriel were literally standing on the sun and Courage had to change the light bulb that was deep inside it.

Also, we shouldnt really discard feats because they are "gags" all cartoons with toon force are like that. Because if we were to do this legit wise, Ed Edd n Eddy wouldnt be universe lvl, Daffy Duck would have like bomb lvl durability at the most, spongebob's durability would also be much weaker, etc.

The Suns heat IIRC is only around Multi-City Block. I also agree on the gag feats thing. If the verse runs on Toonforce, then gag feats should be okay to use, if the show has a consistent serious or semi-realistic vibe then gag feats should obviously not be used.

Darkanine said:
The Suns heat IIRC is only around Multi-City Block. I also agree on the gag feats thing. If the verse runs on Toonforce, then gag feats should be okay to use, if the show has a consistent serious or semi-realistic vibe then gag feats should obviously not be used.
Wait what? How the hell is the suns heat only around that?

Otherwise, yea exactly. All cartoons feats or toon force run on the same law of being consistent and inconsistent and courage's verse is no different. Every cartoon profile here would have to be given a huge downgrade if we went by this reasoning

You may be right about several of Courage's gag feats being no different from other series. However, if cracking the Sun diverges too much from his regular scale, it may still be an outlier. Which is why we use "Possibly 4-C".

Anyway, I approve of getting some of his other feats calculated, or at least estimated. I agree that a crater 1/10th the size of the Moon should probably be 6-A.

If I'm not mistaken, there was an episode where planets exploded when he crashed through them. And while we're on the subject about Courage, was it the moon or the Sun that he destroyed?

Back