• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Couple Digimon Downgrades along with some other things

Dragonmasterxyz

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
So I have found a few issues with two of our Digimon files.

Mirei
1) Why does she have abilities for Lilithmon when I don't believe she ever got one?

2) Why does she have abilities for Ophanimon when she's never had one?

Tamers Beelzemo
About Beelzemon, do we accept Tamers Beelzemon as an actual Abstract Beelzemon? I ask because, in all technicality, he is just an Impmon who can turn into the form of Beelzemon. Similar to how we don't give non Royal Knight versions of Digimon Royal Knight resistances, non-SGDL, that we know of as just a Digimon taking said form of the Demon Lord, should not have the abstract qualities of an actual avatar of said Demon Lord.

I believe Tamers Impmon should have his own unique file.

Digimon Sovereigns Inherited Skills
We need to decide what skills the Sovereigns inherit. In TRI we see 4 Digimon actually become them. However, in other media such as the card game in which is also canon, they are formed when a random Digimon digivolves with one of their Devas. So what skills should they get.

Regarding Dark Area Inhabitants
Now about 99% of our Dark Area Digimon are fine as is. However, how about those who simply live in the Dark Area. By this I mean the Digimon who are simply Dark Versions of another Digimon that's not a fallen angel or such. The 3 I am talking about are ChaosGallantmo, Cherubimo Vice and Megidramo. They live in the Dark Area, but seeing as they are just evil versions of their normal forms (Cherubimon Virtue and Gallantmon respectively), this doesn't mean they are actually nonexistent like the others. It just means that they resist the effects of the Dark Area and can live there. Of course these are the only examples of this.

Lucemon Downgrade
You heard me right. Lucemon needs a small hax downgrade. He should not have Soul and Pain Manipulation granted to him by Ophanimon Falldown Mode as that Ophanimon has a very specific new set of powers from the Ophanimon who has his skills. As such they should be removed.

1) Didn't her Monzaemon get infused with the data of all Seven Great Demon Lords?

2) This I can agree with, same as the other Tamers profiles.

3) Depends on which version of the Sovereigns we're using. If it's Adventure, I guess we use the Digivolution Tree of their TRI starter forms. If not, we can use whatever makes sense.

4) It shouldn't affect their speed given what all three of those characters have been shown to do, but I think you have a point.

5) Lucemon should still have Soul Manipulation and Pain Manipulation regardless due to being one of the Seven Great Demon Lords and Dead or Alive.

@Zeed I did not even notice it on Mirei. But no, Mirei has neither Ofanimon nor Lilithmon. The Ofanimon that appears in the game is an NPC that helps in the SGDL quest, Lilithmon that appears in the game is one of SGDL and then turns into a Tamer Digimon. Then there is nothing related to Mirei, she continues with LadyDevimon and Angewomon to Cyber Sleuth.

@Reppu

1) Yeah she did, so it's good for Monzaemon. However, I don't think we should give her the ability to just have Lilithmon or Ophanimon without any evidence that her LadyDevimon or Angewomon actually digivolved into them. More or less, she shouldn't be implied to have two Lilithmon and such when she only has a Monzaemon with the powers of the SGDL.

3) Well, what we basically could go with is that regular Sovereigns would have the powers of their Devas. Meanwhile TRI versions would have the abilities of the evolutionary tree shown.

4) Yeah, it just effects whether they are nonexistent or not. Everything else stays the same.

5) I should have specified. I meant for Rookie Lucemon. Falldown Mode and above would still have it of course.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
A Digimon downgrade????
Dragon...you okay?? OvO
Yup. Perfectly fine. ovo

@Ex How do you feel about the Sovereigns stuff?

@Executor Both Digimon Wiki and Wikimon say she got Ophanimon and Lilithmon. Digimon Wiki says she uses them in the "The Highest Possible Combination" Free Battle

However, we should note that this Lilithmon is not an abstract Lilithmon. As such the powers specific to being an abstract should go.

Now that we are with downgrades, could we please downgrade the whole verse to tier 11 because they are data? ovo

So to summarize

1) Mirei's Lilithmon should lose the abstract abilities of a regular Lilithmon Avatar.

2) Tamers Beelzemon gets his own file and the stuff on the Beelzemon file from him are to be removed.

3) Sovereigns will gain the abilities of their Devas. TRI Sovereigns will only have the abilities of the Digimon they evolved from.

4) Cherubimon Vice, ChaosGallantmon and Megidramon will no longer be considered non-existent.

5) I guess he's keeping them then?

Cherubimon already has Antylamon's stuff tho. This doesn't effect anything they inherit.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Cherubimon already has Antylamon's stuff tho. This doesn't effect anything they inherit.
Oh alright. I thought you meant taking the resistances and speed from Cherubimon even if he inherited them.

No. Just the nature of being nonesxistent. And the Type 5 Immortality. However, they are downgraded to basic resistances.

DodoNova2 said:
sorry if I derail the thread but where does the non-existence of digimon?
Dark Area digimon are digimon who had been erased from the digital world, son. They already dont exist.

PaChi2 said:
DodoNova2 said:
sorry if I derail the thread but where does the non-existence of digimon?
Dark Area digimon are digimom who had been erased from the digital world, son. They already dont exist.
You had one job. ovo

Well, to be fair, I knew that digimon had gender before dragon did ovo

Renamon gif.
aaaaall lies

If everything that has a gender had to show it physically, fiction would be a weird place, look at pokemon, lol.

Pokemon can breed tho....

Anyway, I'll wait for a bit more input. I got a Dorumon blog to work on.

Back