• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A child detective plays among us (Julia Lawson vs Impostor)

Julia Lawson vs Impostor

Rules:
  • Julia is 9-C (To make the match more interseting, otherwise she could survive an attack and just win that way which is boring)
  • Battle takes place within the Skeld and everyone starts in the Cafeteria as usual.
  • Amongst Julia and the Impostor are 8 influenceable and ordinary crewmates.
  • Both are unaware of their reputation and Julia is seen as normal by both the Impostor and the crewmates.
  • Julia is aware that there is an imposter amongst the group
  • In order to claim victory, Julia most successfully vote out the Impostor or if push comes to shove, kill it.
  • In order to claim victory, Impostor most successfully vote out Julia or kill her.
  • Speed is Equalized

Child detective: 3 (Rayfire, Volt12121, Mintyboi)

Red was, is, and will always be sus: 0

They both are voted out for being sus: 0

Last edited:
Depends on who’s playing as the Imposter to be honest. Although, Julia could always pull the classic “red sus” technique, and get them voted out, especially since 99% of among us players are dumb enough to vote someone out without any proof. Red could maybe do the same tho. The imposter could always jump Julia and kill her too and then vent away, so I feel like the Imposter has more wincons here even if the guy playing it is an average dude

The impostor can also avoid Julia pretty easily too, especially with sabotages. If Julia doesn’t have any proof for anyone being the imposter, then she’d either have to skip the vote or just guess (Dunno if she already knows that the imposter is red either). If she doesn’t know who the imposter is, then she could also run the risk of accidentally getting trapped in a room with the imposter when they sabotage the doors and kill her then.

Nah we aren't using the intel of an among us lobby lol, we're using the actual intelligence of crewmates so they wouldn't just eject someone without any proof.

As for killing Julia, there's many other potential victims that the Impostor could get their hands on first, especially sense they don't know of Julia's reputation as a detective. Nor would she really allow herself to be left alone when a killer is on the loose as she would believe safety in number is a much safer alternative

Nah we aren't using the intel of an among us lobby lol, we're using the actual intelligence of crewmates so they wouldn't just eject someone without any proof.
Ah ok good lol, otherwise that would make this way too easy for Julia. All she has to say is “red sus”
As for killing Julia, there's many other potential victims that the Impostor could get their hands on first, especially sense they don't know of Julia's reputation as a detective. Nor would she really allow herself to be left alone when a killer is on the loose as she would believe safety in number is a much safer alternative
True, But the imposter is not dumb enough to split off from whatever group is formed either (Although they are sus either way since they can’t kill anyone, but so is everyone else, so once again Julia can’t narrow it down) And once the imposter see’s Julia taking command he’s gonna target her first once they realize that despite being a child, she is smart and could rat them out. She can’t do a safety in numbers if she stays quiet. And also, There’s nothing in the rules that says that if the impostor is really desperate, he could kill Julia in front of everyone else, but it won’t count as a win, right? (Doubt they’d do that tho)

(Dunno if she already knows that the imposter is red either)
She doesn't know, but is aware that someone amongst the group is an imposter

And when it comes to sabotages, Julia can counter some of them using her gadgets such as the night glasses to counter light sabotage, Kiera's homemade acid to melt locked doors if really necessary etc

once the imposter see’s Julia taking command he’s gonna target her first once they realize that despite being a child, she is smart and could rat them out.
Julia wouldn't attempt to take command right away as that could bring unwanted attention onto her, she isn't trying to get herself killed after all. She would much prefer Influencing others into giving her potential useful information alongside gathering hints in order to make her case.

There’s nothing in the rules that says that if the impostor is really desperate, he could kill Julia in front of everyone else, but it won’t count as a win, right? (Doubt they’d do that tho)
Yeah nah, i wouldn't really count that as a win sense the imposter isn't getting away with the murder

Julia wouldn't attempt to take command right away as that could bring unwanted attention onto her, she isn't trying to get herself killed after all. She would much prefer Influencing others into giving her potential useful information alongside gathering hints in order to make her case.
That could also make her seem sus to the other crewmates. The imposter wouldn’t capitalize on this since he likely wouldn’t know about Julia’s intelligence in this case, but it’s not impossible that he simply decides to kill her, or maybe even say “Julia sus” because she’s being quiet, which could draw attention from them And towards Julia

Yeah nah, i wouldn't really count that as a win sense the imposter isn't getting away with the murder

The imposter also has the ability to shapeshift I believe, so he could kill Julia in front of a bunch of crewmates and still get away with it, or, additionally, even draw attention away from him to trick Julia (She might not see shapeshifting of all things coming) and then julia herself will seem sus when whatever crewmates is voted out wasn’t, in fact, the imposter, and it will be hard for her to influence the crewmates from there, giving the imposter the advantage

Given that the imposter can hack frickin nuclear reactors and a sci-fi spaceship, all of the above is pretty plausible to me. They might not be as smart as Julia in deduction skills or outsmarting, but he’s, once again, not dumb enough to be easily fooled.

maybe even say “Julia sus” because she’s being quiet, which could draw attention from them And towards Julia
Then it would depend on who is a more influential force. Julia would likely have an advantage in that field however because she’s more adapted to things such as interrogation skills, body language reading and the such.

The imposter also has the ability to shapeshift I believe,
We're using base Impostor who can't shapeshift into other crewmates.

We're using base Impostor who can't shapeshift into other crewmates.
Oh Ok
Then it would depend on who is a more influential force. Julia would likely have an advantage in that field however because she’s more adapted to things such as interrogation skills, body language reading and the such.
If Julia is being quiet like you say, then I don’t think that would work. As soon as she’s questioned, Julia would have to get defensive, which would probably work, but given the very limited timeframe of emergency meetings and the fact that some of the crewmates will think she’s sus (Some might be persistent) that might get Julia voted out. At the same time, as I’ve said, if Julia decides to take charge and lead everyone, the imposter is gonna target her. He has less options to take her out if he can’t shapeshift or other things, but if Julia decides to do a strength-in-numbers strategy like you say she would, the imposter could try to point out that she could be doing that and in general trying to be a leader to trick everyone else to get others voted out, which would leave the entire crew divided at the very least, which might make it more difficult for Julia to simply vote the imposter out

If Julia is being quiet like you say, then I don’t think that would work. As soon as she’s questioned, Julia would have to get defensive,
And if she’s questioned, Julia might get irrational and emotional due to this if a few of the crewmates think she’s sus, especially since, y’know, she’s a child. And that won’t help her at all.

And I doubt Julia would want to kill the imposter, even if it’s one of her given wincons and given the chance, since it’s said that she “Would never do something that would lead to the death of another person” so voting is the only option unless she’s super desperate, which Julia is going to have problems with in this situation.

Never said Julia would be quite, i simply stated she wouldn't attempt to take command right away as it would attract unwanted attention to her.

She would much prefer Influencing others into giving her potential useful information alongside gathering hints in order to make her case.
I stated here that she would much prefer gathering information from others alongside evidence to make her case stronger. Which makes your point about her being quite null. She would be talking, but she would make herself a leader, simply ask questions that are helpful in determining who is the Impostor.

the imposter could try to point out that she could be doing that and in general trying to be a leader to trick everyone else to get others voted out, which would leave the entire crew divided at the very least, which might make it more difficult for Julia to simply vote the imposter out
Problem with that, Impostor would need a really good alibi to spout such a claim, if it was to ever kill someoke while Julia was with others, it would only strenghten her innocence. On the other hand if Impostor follows along with the others, nothing is really stopping Julia from countering his point with a simple remark such as "then why are you following me around if you believe i'm so suspicious?"

And I doubt Julia would want to kill the imposter, even if it’s one of her given wincons and given the chance, since it’s said that she “Would never do something that would lead to the death of another person” so voting is the only option unless she’s super desperate, which Julia is going to have problems with in this situation.

SBA puts her in a mind set where she's ok with the idea of killing, it's not what she'd want to lead with, but if she had no other choice in order to save her own life she'll do so. But she'll much prefer putting it to sleep with a sleepy sleepy dart rather then directly go for a kill

Never said Julia would be quite, i simply stated she wouldn't attempt to take command right away as it would attract unwanted attention to her.

I stated here that she would much prefer gathering information from others alongside evidence to make her case stronger. Which makes your point about her being quite null. She would be talking, but she would make herself a leader, simply ask questions that are helpful in determining who is the Impostor.
Ah, okay mb
Problem with that, Impostor would need a really good alibi to spout such a claim, if it was to ever kill someoke while Julia was with others, it would only strenghten her innocence. On the other hand if Impostor follows along with the others, nothing is really stopping Julia from countering his point with a simple remark such as "then why are you following me around if you believe i'm so suspicious?"
Like I’ve said before, if the imposter chooses to go slow and stick with whatever group Julia manages to make to not seem sus, no deaths will have occurred since the imposter can’t kill in plain sight. It wouldn’t rule him out of being the impostor either, but that goes for Julia too if there’s no deaths. It would be reasonable to average intellect crewmates that Julia could be trying to be a leader to fool the others, which is a real possibility.

Now that I think about it, my memories of amogus are coming back, and I know realize that there’s always the medbay scan lol, if Julia can manage to make a group then that’ll make it way easier for her to narrow it down. I’d say the imposter still has a chance, since Julia couldn’t do that immediately, but I think I change my mind about who wins, leaning Julia but ain’t voting yet

SBA puts her in a mind set where she's ok with the idea of killing, it's not what she'd want to lead with, but if she had no other choice in order to save her own life she'll do so. But she'll much prefer putting it to sleep with a sleepy sleepy dart rather then directly go for a kill
I don’t see how that would penetrate spacesuits unless it can pierce stuff

Like I’ve said before, if the imposter chooses to go slow and stick with whatever group Julia manages to make to not seem sus, no deaths will have occurred since the imposter can’t kill in plain sight. It wouldn’t rule him out of being the impostor either, but that goes for Julia too if there’s no deaths. It would be reasonable to average intellect crewmates that Julia could be trying to be a leader to fool the others, which is a real possibility.

That's not entirely false, but that would require for the Impostor to put himself in a situation where he can be more easily found out. Attempting to attack Julia without much of a proof wouldn't go around well, since it would likelt tick her off to keep more of a close eye on them.

Now that I think about it, my memories of amogus are coming back, and I know realize that there’s always the medbay scan lol, if Julia can manage to make a group then that’ll make it way easier for her to narrow it down. I’d say the imposter still has a chance, since Julia couldn’t do that immediately, but I think I change my mind about who wins rn, leaning Julia but ain’t voting yet

Medbay scanning would actually be really useful for Julia and it could quite handily hand her the win if she plays her cards right

Isn't the imposter's body the space suit?
In some fanworks, yeah it is, but why do they need to use a knife or snap people’s necks if all they would need to do is use their long tongue to stab them every time? Among us is a pretty cartoonish game anyway, so the tongue thing is probably just for show as well as an animation. I’m very sure that the Imposters body is in the suit itself, especially since some people say the imposter is just a mentally ill crewmate who thinks he’s doing a good thing by killing everyone, among other interpretations

In some fanworks, yeah it is, but why do they need to use a knife or snap people’s necks if all they would need to do is use their long tongue to stab them every time? Among us is a pretty cartoonish game anyway, so the tongue thing is probably just for show as well as an animation. I’m very sure that the Imposters body is in the suit itself, especially since some people say the imposter is just a mentally ill crewmate who thinks he’s doing a good thing by killing everyone, among other interpretations

I mean i doubt so considering the shapeshifter's power is quite literally just changing their color. Seems like the suit is merely just their own body that they can mold to resemble a crew.

I mean i doubt so considering the shapeshifter's power is quite literally just changing their color. Seems like the suit is merely just their own body that they can mold to resemble a crew.
I mean, they have to do it shapeshift in a cloud of smoke, we don’t ever see them just morph themselves. It’s possible that they just spray paint themselves or smth like that (Dunno much about the shape shifting thing, I haven’t played among us in a long while)

Regardless, if the imposter isn’t allowed to shapeshift and the fact that Julia can just use the medbay to guarantee a win, I definitely think she’ll take this 9 times out of 10 unless we gave the imposter all of his abilities.

Back