• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Calculation Revision for Godzilla (Monsterverse)

Someone made a calculatio for godzilla's feat of tanking the Cretaceous-Tertiary extinction event (It wasn't even necessary) which is a real event that happened and this guy tried to find out the durability of godzilla by trying to decide the diameter of the impact from a single panel that has one frame of the impact...

We need to address the problems

Firstly, the Panel itself

As it turns out you can C+P the panel into a image of the earth and it fits and you would assume that would be accurate to calculate right?

Wrong

Here are three Images

Image1

Image2

Image3

You do see the problem, because it fits it doesn't mean it's accurate

Many have done the same mistake and this creates very inaccurate results

So do not make this mistake please

Secondly, The Impact itself

This is what makes me mad the most is the impact itself...

We do not even know in what phase the impact is

As you know the the impact becomes bigger and bigger as time goes on

Kurzgesagt In a Nutshell actually has a really good example of this

We cannot decide how much godzilla tanked through a single panel of a single frame of the impact

And the guy who did the calculation had the idea he could calculate it while we have not a single clue in what phase the impact was

So we cannot decide how much the impact was from a sinlge panel

Thirdly, How comics present the actual explosions

I don't even need to explain this one

Literally everyone knows how inaccuratly comics present some explosions

This is how the meteor impact is presented, and this is how the actual impact looks like

There are few comics that actually do justice because we are not seeing it animated, we are seeing only a few panels of the actual explosion in this case only ONE

So don't actually take how comics show the the explosion, Again it leads to inaccurate results

What do we do now?

Either outright just scale godzilla to the actual chicxulub impact event or just downgrade him to 7-B

That's all i got to say

This scan seems clear to me.

PermianextintionasteroidGl

Actually there are other high feats

Like From the official Monarch website, King Ghidorah's storm is so huge that most of Australia was cover by it. [1]

first off we absolutely need Mothra's cloud dispersion feat calced, that will yield some insane results

The calc is wrong not because of the reasons you pointed out, but because of the formula

[Just gonna copy paste what I said last time, sorry if it's already been addressed :p]

For starters, image 3 is stretched to make it fit, making it invalid for this argument, as it's been edited out of proportion.

Also, image 2 simply doesn't fit if at all you look carefully. Just saying.

With point 2, we assume that the explosion is at it's peak, which would give us an absolute maximum for the tier as like you say, finding what stage the explosion is in from one panel is pretty much impossible.

As for the rest, I sort of agree. I agree that the calc could be elligible for a re-calc, since the panel doesn't curve perfectly with the earth, in a lot of cases there is a point where the panel will fit almost perfectly to the curvature, which will give an accurate scale, sometimes it's difficult to find this though.

I do also think just using data from the Chicxulub impact would be valid too, putting anywhere from 1.3x10^24 joules, to 5.8x10^25 joules which equates to anywhere from High 6-B to High 6-A.

I'm not going to make a definitive answer yet, but there's my thoughts for now.

Well personally, I don't think the extinction event should be accepted as a legit feat for how much of an outlier it is, but I do agree with the OP.

So I recently had a conversation on youtube about this same moment and the guy says that it wasn't even Godzilla who tanked the meteor to start with (Which i'm fine with scaling to if it weren't for the next point), and that whoever it was that supposedly tanked it didn't even survive it. Now I know Youtube comments aren't exactly a good source but does anyone have a full scan of the page so I can even confirm he survived?

GribbleTheTrashMan said:
Either outright just scale godzilla to the actual chicxulub impact event or just downgrade him to 7-B
There's like four or five tier 6 feats in the Monsterverse, Goji isnt being downgraded any time soon

ok cool. glad to know I was correct in my youtube argument XD

But anyway, I do still think it should be recalced at some point, using the actual meteor impact sounds a bit off now that I think about it.

"We theorize that seismic activity is created by Jinshin Mushi's underground travels, staying localized mostly in Pacific regions, causing supershear earthquakes that can rip through the planet's mantel at unstoppable supersonic speeds. And the fear struck with every major earthquake comes not from what will topple to the ground, but what will raise from beneath it."

This is the description of MUTO Prime walking

WeeklyBattles said:
"We theorize that seismic activity is created by Jinshin Mushi's underground travels, staying localized mostly in Pacific regions, causing supershear earthquakes that can rip through the planet's mantel at unstoppable supersonic speeds. And the fear struck with every major earthquake comes not from what will topple to the ground, but what will raise from beneath it."
This is the description of MUTO Prime walking

That's a solid high end tier 6 feat

TFW you try to downgrade someone from Low 6-B because the curvature seemed inflated but instead you upgrade them to High 6-B+

I dunno about the calc, the curvature looks more than fine to me but I dunno

But considering it's High 6-B off the impact that killed the dinosaurs regardless, and the explosion is funky, just go with that

oh

Is there a real world reference for that or is it something the MonsterVerse made up

The curvature isn't terribly wrong, it's just perfectionists like me who'll find the slightly wrong fit. Honeslty, re-looking at the image I don't think a recalc would change the tier anyway, like I said originally, it could be recalced to get a slightly different value, but I think he'd stay Low 6-B anyway, probably best to leave it.

While the asteroid impact could be recalced time and time again, claiming it to be the KT event when the strike was specifically noted to be within the Permian Epoch is ludicrous.

This strike did not happen in real life, rather a massive chain of volcanic eruptions cuased the separation of Pangea along the Siberian area. However, given its scale shown in the images and with it noted to be of similar or even greater destructive output to life on Earth (roughly 90% compared to the KT's 75%) it should still warrant 6-B of various degrees, possibly even higher than the real event.

There's no evidence Godzilla was anywhere near the impact. The meteor's travelling at an unknown angle and could have flown past Godzilla and the Shinomura. They were next to a crevice, which wouldn't be there if the meteor had struck where they were at. The area would be completely flattened into a giant crater. The sky's also blue instead of being on fire and ashes. Lastly, it would mean that Shinomura survived a meteor but was somehow destroyed by the much weaker Castle Bravo bomb.

Neutralino said:
There's no evidence Godzilla was anywhere near the impact. The meteor's travelling at an unknown angle and could have flown past Godzilla and the Shinomura. They were next to a crevice, which wouldn't be there if the meteor had struck where they were at. The area would be completely flattened into a giant crater. The sky's also blue instead of being on fire and ashes. Lastly, it would mean that Shinomura survived a meteor but was somehow destroyed by the much weaker Castle Bravo bomb.
Shinomura being killed by CB bomb is PIS

That doesn't necessarily debunk the fact we don't know where the meteor was relative to Godzilla and co, meaning the impact could have been considerably lowered by inverse square law

Back