• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I think it would be best to restrict Connor to his bare fists. Otherwise, Connor could just shoot Twister to death right when the fight starts.

I think it would be best to restrict Connor to his bare fists. Otherwise, Connor could just shoot Twister to death right when the fight starts.
I can't. Standard equipment. The range is already close enough that he can at least interrupt or get the gun off his face.

Besides, Connor doesn't usually start by shooting, he starts by talking his opponent down first. Hence why Markus was able to weasel his way off gunpoint twice

Twister seems to have the AP advantage, but Connor has his precognition, pressure points, can't feel any pain, and probably most importantly, his gun. Connor is also faster and would have an easier time dodging the former's attacks. I don't really know who has more skill when it comes to hand-to-hand, but both seem pretty even from what I can tell after watching some video clips of them both.

I think the most likely outcome would be Connor uses his precog to dodge just about everything Twister throws at him while using his pressure points knowlage to eventually subdue him. Twister's punches won't really do much to slow down Connor at all due to him not being able to feel pain, so the former doesn't really have much way of stopping Connor other than just wailing on him with hits and atempt to slowly break Connor apart. And if all else fails, Connor could just create some distance between the 2 and shoot Twister to death as a last resort if needed. Voting Connor for now.

I would hold off that vote for now since I have contacted @KingEzran for this. He's knowledgeable on Twister
Ight I'll hold off on the vote for now until we get more arguements for Twister's side

He can still be damaged. In fact I think Twister one-shots here.
Connor has survived multiple bullets before, (love how I'm trying to prove that Connor can tank bullets, only for him to die by being shot to death in every clip I show), and lesser models of android such as Markus could survive with his limbs ripped off. So idk if it would be a 1 shot here. I have never seen one of the Ip Man movies though and I have no knowlege on the verse outside of the character's profiles, so I could easily be wrong on this and Connor might get ripped apart in this fight. I'll wait until I hear more arguements before Twister before I jump to any more assumptions on this fight.

Twister can comfortably throw hands with ip man even winning some h2h exchanges during the fight minus some cheap shots and eventually ip man got his kicks restricted, from what i've read of connor in other threads his precog, analytic prediction(if its combat applicable) and fighting isn't that impressive tbh, how good is connors pressure point strikes and does he use it early?

where does connor get the master martial arts from i recall him struggling so hard in quick time events and fighting the old detective lol

where does connor get the master martial arts from i recall him struggling so hard in quick time events and fighting the old detective lol
I believe that was deemed to be PIS or he's just holding back. Same for the one where he overpowered 5 soldiers at once. The safest one for now is this one where he takes on 2 guards at once. It's the middle ground basically

If it doesn't lead you to the right position, it's basically at the 1:07 mark. It also shows how his precognition works. His information analysis can allow him to get prior knowledge on Twister seeing as to how he's a famous athlete, allowing to know his fighting style, starting move, and power. That last is a passive, Connor just looks at his face and gets all previously recorded knowledge of him

If this is win via death, there's no way Twister can win. I mean, Connor does have types 4 and 8 immortality. Or would that be a win for Twister since Connor's new body wouldn't be in the ring?

I believe that was deemed to be PIS or he's just holding back. Same for the one where he overpowered 5 soldiers at once. The safest one for now is this one where he takes on 2 guards at once. It's the middle ground basically

If it doesn't lead you to the right position, it's basically at the 1:07 mark. It also shows how his precognition works. His information analysis can allow him to get prior knowledge on Twister seeing as to how he's a famous athlete, allowing to know his fighting style, starting move, and power. That last is a passive, Connor just looks at his face and gets all previously recorded knowledge of him

i see, although it doesn't seem like it analyses the fight sequence far, he got the first move/surprise attack and even then he kinda struggles alil bit, aside from being guards(whatever value that'd give) there pretty featless i don't think they compare to ip man whos a martial arts prodigy, trained his whole life, embarresses other master martial artists, can fight against multiple black belts simultaneously without getting hit and twister who not only can swaps hands with him but lands a couple of hits aswell i'd give the solid vote to twister if speed was equalise but ill wait for more input on connor side

I know and i assume you put the distance 1 meter cause of the gun. I've played the games i don't recall anyone thats demonstrated a skill feat close to ip man 1/2 but connor subsonic reactions makes this somewhat even

Alright, @ThePrimalHunter, would you like to comment further?
I think this depends on 2 things. 1: How well would Connor be able to dodge Twister? 2: Can Connor get Twister far enough away from him to pull out his gun and pop Twister in the head?

Although Connor isn't as skilled as Twister, he also has his precog, which could help him in predicting Twister's attacks and movements. Connor's precog helped him doge gunfire while he was actively running at the shooter by predicting where the bullets are going to be fired, so it should help him plenty when avoiding Twister's attacks by predicting where he is going to throw his punches. That plus superiour speed could give Twister some trouble when trying to hit Connor. But if he does manage to hit Connor, it's pretty much lights out for our favorite plastic detective due to the AP gap.

As for the 2nd question, I don't know how capable Connor is of this. After watching some videos of Twister's fight scenes, he seems to constantly try to keep his enemies close, not allowing them much breathing room (Excluding the times where he litteraly picks them up and throws them across the ring. If he does that, he's pretty much doomed himself by then). so Connor might not get much of a chance to quickdraw on him if Connor can't manage to retreat in time.

In the end, I think if Connor can keep his distance, avoid the boxer's punches, and buy himself enough time to get his gun out, Connor wins. If Twister manages to keep the robot close and doesn't give him any breathing room, it would only be a matter of time before Twister got in a solid punch and knocks Connor's head off. I don't know enough about Ip Man or the movies to give a solid answer on this, and I haven't played Detroit: Become Human recently, so I don't really know who to vote on this. So for right now, because idk which scenario is more likely to take place, I'm going to go inconclusive until someone else more knowlegable on these characters than me can choose the more likely event to take place.

I hope this was in some way helpful to the disscussion. I'll likely change my vote once someone else votes for one of the characters.

Although Connor isn't as skilled as Twister, he also has his precog, which could help him in predicting Twister's attacks and movements. Connor's precog helped him doge gunfire while he was actively running at the shooter by predicting where the bullets are going to be fired, so it should help him plenty when avoiding Twister's attacks by predicting where he is going to throw his punches. That plus superiour speed could give Twister some trouble when trying to hit Connor. But if he does manage to hit Connor, it's pretty much lights out for our favorite plastic detective due to the AP gap.
is there a qte or cutscene where he uses this against people? seems like it'd be harder to predict alot of punches thrown from cqc which most fist fights tend to be messy or more complex atleast then one off timed shots.

do we have a calc for connor subsonic reactions? if its too high it could be stompish
As for the 2nd question, I don't know how capable Connor is of this. After watching some videos of Twister's fight scenes, he seems to constantly try to keep his enemies close, not allowing them much breathing room (Excluding the times where he litteraly picks them up and throws them across the ring. If he does that, he's pretty much doomed himself by then). so Connor might not get much of a chance to quickdraw on him if Connor can't manage to retreat in time.
taking his fights (only two) into consideration and the location being the boxing ring i don't think he'l give conner any breathing room, even after the throw twister immediately closes the gap (does it so fast he actually catches ip man off guard during the fall recovery)

well i don't think twisters throwing punches as fast as bullets so it might be a low diff or stomp for conner given his reaction speed the only thing twister can do is maybe a wide tackle or try a grapple assault but connor LS is higher so rip

well i don't think twisters throwing punches as fast as bullets so it might be a low diff or stomp for conner given his reaction speed the only thing twister can do is maybe a wide tackle or try a grapple assault but connor LS is higher so rip
I mean, he does one-shot and outskills so at least there's that

i watched some parts of the game back. are we sure he constantly has subsonic reaction feats or does he need to activate it? his best feats are fighting against the intro captain with his squad and the scene when he fights several cyberlife guards below the elevator but theres also moments where he struggles hard in qte especially that one against the cyber stripper and the dude ripping his heart out, hes also being killed by gunfire before the abused robot shooting connor then himself. if all of this is deemed as PIS then my vote is for connor ig

if all of this is deemed as PIS then my vote is for connor ig

At the 24:42 mark he exits cover towards gunfire and dodges it. While the rest can be assumed to be aim-dodging, the first one wasn't. But yeah, he was expecting gunfire in this case

Back