• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A bit more additions for Sanji

I will try to make things clear as much as possible (Hope it's my last CRT involving Sanji)
I want to propose the idea of Sanji having limited Attack Reflection again. We see that Sanji using pure technique could precisely deflect one of Jabura's ten shigan hands. Ibelieve the idea that he uses pure technique to deflect rather than simple brute force is notorious by the following factors:​
1- We need to note that this is the same attack that forced Sanji to dodge earlier, and,
in opposition to the DJ​
, it's probably the strongest move in Jabra's arsenal. This goes directly against the idea of Sanji being able to deflect this blow so easily (as it is done) through sheer force, because in fact, base Sanji could not overcome Jabra's strongest offensive blow with a so casually kick.

2- We know from the context of the scene that Sanji was focusing strength on his right leg to deliver the finishing blow to Jabra, meaning that it was impossible for him to have enough strength in his left leg to deflect a blow of high magnitude like that through simple brute force. It is illogical that Sanji deflected the blow by natural means (By that I mean a normal kick), the only possible explanation would be his martial or supernatural abilities.​

Last edited:
Sanji just blocked and deflected his attack this doesn't qualify for attack reflection
He changed the course of a stronger attack using skill alone. At least in a limited way it should count.

Last edited:
It is evident that Sanji can improve the power of his kicks through his movements and kinetic energy, he actually tends to do this in his fights quite frequently. For example, a priori, Sanji's normal kick did no damage to Blueno's iron body, but after applying centrifugal force before performing the kick, he almost made him lose consciousness. My proposition is that Sanji needs to have a "higher" on his AP due attacks where he applies centrifugal force taking into account how this significantly increases the efficiency of his kicks.
Agreed, he should get attack boost on his profile for this.
Not sure if he blinded him or just kicked him but I guess Jabra could have been blinded which is why he didn't attempt to block or dodge the kick.
Agreed
Will wait to hear more input before giving my thoughts.

He changed course for a stronger attack using skill alone. At least in a limited way it should count.
The attack has to be reflected back at the opponent deflecting and changing the course isn't enough

Sanji also needs Acrobatics and Pressure Points added into his profile.

In One Piece attacking the chin is seen as an extreme vital point, and Sanji's Black Leg Style heavily emphasizes on attacking those areas. As confirmed by Chopper, and he shown attacking pressure points on several occasions. For reference you have a **** ton of pressure points where Sanji attacked. He can also change people's faces without breaking bones, simply by accurately striking areas in their face.

For attack reflection, I'd say sure or momentum Manipulation, since he can change the trajectory of attacks and also cause his opponents to Uncontrollably

It is evident that Sanji can improve the power of his kicks through his movements and kinetic energy, he actually tends to do this in his fights quite frequently. For example, a priori, Sanji's normal kick did no damage to Blueno's iron body, but after applying centrifugal force before performing the kick, he almost made him lose consciousness. My proposition is that Sanji needs to have a "higher" on his AP due attacks where he applies centrifugal force taking into account how this significantly increases the efficiency of his kicks.

I don't think this is worth a "higher", really. It's just a different way of attacking. Like giving someone X rating for punching, but a kick is typically more powerful than a punch so you give them a "higher" rating for kicking.

I don't think it would be worth adding a "higher" to all of Sanji's keys just for attacking by spinning.

I want to propose the idea of Sanji having limited Attack Reflection again.

Simply deflecting an attack by kicking it is not attack reflection.

Agree with Damage, you can just add Damage Boost into the profile or just add it into his intelligence section as a skill feat, similarly to how Kuroki Gensai does from Kengan Ashura. He can use centrifugal force to increase his attacks and fix broken bones and joints, but we don't label his as higher.
Simply deflecting an attack by kicking it is not attack reflection.
Agreed with this one as well but he should get Limited Momentum Manipulation for being able to change the course of the trajectory and making Oars trip and spin uncontrollably.

Agree
Could be a higher with that technique 🤷‍♂️ similar to diable jambe

1- We need to note that this is the same attack that forced Sanji to dodge earlier, and,
, it's probably the strongest move in Jabra's arsenal. This goes directly against the idea of Sanji being able to deflect this blow so easily (as it is done) through sheer force, because in fact, base Sanji could not overcome Jabra's strongest offensive blow with a so casually kick.

2- We know from the context of the scene that Sanji was focusing strength on his right leg to deliver the finishing blow to Jabra, meaning that it was impossible for him to have enough strength in his left leg to deflect a blow of high magnitude like that through simple brute force.

It is illogical that Sanji deflected the blow by natural means (By that I mean a normal kick), the only possible explanation would be his martial or supernatural abilities.​
Little confused but the first scan just looks like he tanked it to lure him close so Sanji could one shot with his kick 🤔🤷‍♂️

In One Piece attacking the chin is seen as an extreme vital point, and Sanji's Black Leg Style heavily emphasizes on attacking those areas. As confirmed by Chopper, and he shown attacking pressure points on several occasions. For reference you have a **** ton of pressure points where Sanji attacked. He can also change people's faces without breaking bones, simply by accurately striking areas in their face.

For attack reflection, I'd say sure or momentum Manipulation, since he can change the trajectory of attacks and also cause his opponents to Uncontrollably
Agree 🤔👍 tho sanji already has acrobatics

Agree with Damage, you can just add Damage Boost into the profile or just add it into his intelligence section as a skill feat, similarly to how Kuroki Gensai does from Kengan Ashura. He can use centrifugal force to increase his attacks and fix broken bones and joints, but we don't label his as higher.

Agreed with this one as well but he should get Limited Momentum Manipulation for being able to change the course of the trajectory and making Oars trip and spin uncontrollably.
Bumping this since Monkey actually reminded me I said this.

For further elaboration, Sanji's current "Biological Manipulation" is much more akin to pressure points strikes. Biological Manipulation insinuates that Sanji messes with the molecular structure of his opponents, which doesn't make sense.

I disagree with the higher proposition with spinning moves and the attack reflection but agree with everything else due to Damage's reasons

For this, you can treat it as Damage Boost

Attack Reflection could be replaced with momentum Manipulation due to Sanji changing the trajectory of the attack.

Yeah, but Vector Manipulation through kicking someone's attack to deflect it? That feels like a pretty liberal interpretation of the ability to me.
It's just Redirection of force to change the trajectory, it being via a kick of a punch really shouldn't matter in the long run. I don't think the page insinuate's kicking and striking attacks to change the direction disqualifies it, as there's dozen of martial artists characters who have it for identical reasons such as Ohma, Baki, and Jin Mori albeit their circumstances are a bit more detailed. Sanji also caused Oars to spin out of control iirc.

I suppose I could settle for a limited and or possibly rating for it. At worst we'd add it into his intelligence section.

What's been accepted by who?
I think the "higher" can be exchanged for Damage Boost. Attack Reflection denied (But it seems ok to be added as a intelligence feat), everything else was accepted. LordGin also suggested the idea of Pressure Points and Acrobatics with good arguments that, until now, have not been refuted.

I think the "higher" can be exchanged for Damage Boost. Attack Reflection denied (But it seems ok to be added as a intelligence feat), everything else was accepted. LordGin also suggested the idea of Pressure Points and Acrobatics with good arguments that, until now, have not been refuted.
He should have these abilities, considering the nature of Black leg style. Saying otherwise is ridiculous.

@Eminiteable @Damage3245 @NomsNoms @KingTempest @MonkeyOfLife
Only mods can do that... Btw, just for others if you already knew
What do you guys think about, and what's left to be added?
I think everything but attack reflection is accepted. I agree with damage boost tho instead of a higher
Should probably get greater resistance to fire manipulation with the suit.
Agree

@Eminiteable What do you guys think about, and what's left to be added?
Damage Boost and the intelligence feat seem ok to be added.

Acrobatics and Pressure points is also fine to me.

Back