• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A billion lions vs the sun!!!! (closed)

in the year 5,000 A.C, lions became an endangered species the planet earth, to save them, humanity created an artificial planet whose surface imatas completely the african savannas, from cloning, the scientists of planet earth created a billion of lions who were all sent to this planet, there they turned
the largest lion pack in existence, for years this ecosystem with billions of lions was kept in harmony and the lions thrived in peace... until one day a meteorite fell on the planet, a meteorite shaped like the sun, and the lions were not happy about it.

rules:
-The fight takes place on an artificial planet created to support a billion lions
  • Friendly fire off for the lions
  • There are a billion lions
  • Solrock has 10 minutes of preparation as the lions approach for an ambush.

18f2b7f50ff41d660d228b423430e011.jpg

THE SUN:

A billion lions:

STOMP(because this can't be inconclusive):

Last edited:
What stops Solorock from spamming ranged attacks and kill them all without them being able to hit it? Solorock can perfectly fly and avoid being touched too

Considering the sheer durability advantage, Cosmic Power prep time to further boost itself, and the rock-like physiology probably making it probably tricky to grapple or bite...I'd say all memes aside the Lions are so brick walled here that it's not 'if' they'll lose, it's 'when'

If Solrock's getting exhausted, it can reasonably rest risk free and return to endlessly oneshotting later. Solrock can reasonably just plop down and take a breather and Lions can't do anything about it.

The Lions only real advantage (Not even numbers since they're useless) is the LS, but attempting to pin down Solrock will not stop projectile attacks or TK so it's pretty moot.

The only way I see Solrock losing is them comically blowing themselves up for no reason. However since it's a reasonably smart pokemon, it would likely realize these Lions are no threat and just...not feel pressured to do that.

A lions is billion is a lot, but Solrock has until the sun burns out to pick em off.

What stops Solorock from spamming ranged attacks and kill them all without them being able to hit it? Solorock can perfectly fly and avoid being touched too
his stamina is not infinite, he could do that for a long time, but not forever, and there are a billion lions

Gods name, what in the. Do, you did.
art

Considering the sheer durability advantage, Cosmic Power prep time to further boost itself, and the rock-like physiology probably making it probably tricky to grapple or bite...I'd say all memes aside the Lions are so brick walled here that it's not 'if' they'll lose, it's 'when'

If Solrock's getting exhausted, it can reasonably rest risk free and return to endlessly oneshotting later. Solrock can reasonably just plop down and take a breather and Lions can't do anything about it.

The Lions only real advantage (Not even numbers since they're useless) is the LS, but attempting to pin down Solrock will not stop projectile attacks or TK so it's pretty moot.

The only way I see Solrock losing is them comically blowing themselves up for no reason. However since it's a reasonably smart pokemon, it would likely realize these Lions are no threat and just...not feel pressured to do that.

A lions is billion is a lot, but Solrock has until the sun burns out to pick em off.
1- I will consider this a vote for the sun
2-no and completely without risk for him to stop to rest, where would he rest since there are a billion lions, no matter where he lands, there would be lions there (I'm just trying to defend the lions, I don't know if they have the advantage or not)

2-no and completely without risk for him to stop to rest, where would he rest since there are a billion lions, no matter where he lands, there would be lions there (I'm just trying to defend the lions, I don't know if they have the advantage or not)
Yes completely without risk, the durability difference is astronomical, and that massive durability advantage along with Solrock being...well a rock nullifies piercing as a way to bypass that sheer durability difference.

They can claw, chew, and gnaw all day while Solrock recovers, they'll make no progress in bringing it down. Solrock can take its sweet time winning this.

The Lions' only wincon is Solrock messing up and killing itself, they themselves are helpless here.

Yes completely without risk, the durability difference is astronomical, and that massive durability advantage along with Solrock being...well a rock nullifies piercing as a way to bypass that sheer durability difference.

They can claw, chew, and gnaw all day while Solrock recovers, they'll make no progress in bringing it down. Solrock can take its sweet time winning this.

The Lions' only wincon is Solrock messing up and killing itself, they themselves are helpless here.
look, it could take years, but eventually all the lion attacks will damage the solrock.

and in the meantime, the lions can reproduce to replace ther lost numbers.

look, it could take years, but eventually all the lion attacks will damage the solrock.

and in the meantime, the lions can reproduce to replace ther lost numbers.
No, no they will not.

Let's give Lions the benefit of the doubt that they're the highest level of 9-B, 2.092x10^7 J (They're not)

Pokemon like Solrock scale to around 5.482550496 x 10^14 J, a difference of nearly 26,207,220x

With a Physiology of being actual rock with no fleshy bits to even entertain the idea of piercing, Solrock might as well be actually invulnerable. There it nothing these lions can do to a rock 26 million times more durable than me using a wanked high end for the lions to make my point.

Breeding is an...interesting tactic to attempt mid-battle when you're in the mindset to defeat the opponent first. I have no idea how likely a Lion would be to even consider breeding with a SBA mindset, especially as a defensive tactic.

No, no they will not.

Let's give Lions the benefit of the doubt that they're the highest level of 9-B, 2.092x10^7 J (They're not)

Pokemon like Solrock scale to around 5.482550496 x 10^14 J, a difference of nearly 26,207,220x
the damage done will be almost nil, but little by little they will chip away at the stone surface of the solrock, if a normal person punches a concrete block long enough he can damage it
Breeding is an...interesting tactic to attempt mid-battle when you're in the mindset to defeat the opponent first. I have no idea how likely a Lion would be to even consider breeding with a SBA mindset, especially as a defensive tactic.
simple, not all a billion lions will attack at the same time, you will never see a whole pack of lions hunting, some will stay to take care of the territory, take care of cubs, breed, etc.

I just reviewed the powers of solrock and realized that he has healing... looking at his moveset, I realized that he learns mornig sun... so even with the lions being able to chip the pokemon, it wouldn't matter...

this is probably a stomp in this case

There is a massive difference between a human punching a concrete wall (which still takes forever, mind you), and a lion trying to bite a flying rock that's 26 million times stronger, near relativistic speeds, and who's also trying to murder them back.

Because we haven't even mentioned the fact that even without using Rock Polish, Solrock ridiculously outspeeds too. Cosmic Power boosts durability even more. And even though it's a rock, it is a living rock. Solrock likely heals naturally like all pokemon do with rest like a natural living being does, neglecting its actual healing abilities.

And SBA mindset is that you know where your opponent is and that you want to defeat them, which is why I find the breeding angle...strange? SBA mindset probably overrides that is what I'm saying

There is a massive difference between a human punching a concrete wall (which still takes forever, mind you), and a lion trying to bite a flying rock that's 26 million times stronger, near relativistic speeds, and who's also trying to murder them back.

Because we haven't even mentioned the fact that even without using Rock Polish, Solrock ridiculously outspeeds too. Cosmic Power boosts durability even more. And even though it's a rock, it is a living rock. Solrock likely heals naturally like all pokemon do with rest like a natural living being does, neglecting its actual healing abilities.

And SBA mindset is that you know where your opponent is and that you want to defeat them, which is why I find the breeding angle...strange? SBA mindset probably overrides that is what I'm saying
it doesn't matter anymore, morning sun simply precludes any possibility for the lions, even distorting the possibilities to the limit, lions don't stand a chance

well, time for plan B

it doesn't matter anymore, morning sun simply precludes any possibility for the lions, even distorting the possibilities to the limit, lions don't stand a chance

well, time for plan B
Yeah I was typing while you were posting, typical post sniping.

I'd argue Morning Sun is only the salt on the wound, and this fight was DOA, but regardless this is such a no-go

After years of intense fighting, the lions were defeated by the sun, they didn't have a chance... but only 999,999,999 lions had been defeated, because during all that time, one last lion was hiding... the last opponent

to be continued...

Back