• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A bear and a gorilla walk into a bar (Cave Bear vs Gigantopithecus.)

I'm pretty sure the Gigantopithecus LS is wrong, humans can't back lift anything in Class 5 and its profile works with the outdated assumption that it can lift its own weight.

That said, even in real life bears win against gorillas, their fangs and claws are generally more deadly that monkeys', they could also be more hardwired to hunting and fighting, even for phisiology alone, although I'm not sure about this.

Overall, I feel like the bear has many more chances to win.
I don't know if this is a stomp, Real World matches are usually much close than fictional ones.

Agreed, Gigantopithecus is based upon misinformation, I'm pretty sure that they're actually smaller than once originally thought and had an overall inferior arsenal. Bears are much better hunters and fighters, actually being smart enough to put their advantages into use and the bite force advantage.

People often consider Primate's to be strikers and grappler's which is far from the truth.

Don't apes usually swing their arms and bite if necessary? They are also much less aggressive than bears tbh, and they shouldn't be able to wrestle one, even if it just jumps over them.
Also, the claws of a bear are deadly, just like its teeth, I'm afraid the Gigantopithecus just gets dismembered.

According to wikipedia, the Gigantopithecus is currently estimated to be weight 200-300 kg, much less than even a modern bearn, and it's height is highly speculative, but I doubt it would matter much.

Back