• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A battle of addiction (Oscar Qualls vs The Gambler)

Oscar Qualls vs The Gambler

Little story: Oscar had heard rumours about a strange masked man roaming around the neighbourhood from his regulars clients. Apparently, the lunatic was seen convincing others to play incredibly twisted games, such as russian roulette. Dismissing them as baseless rumours as there hadn't been official statements by police, the young adult went on a night walk to simply relax. As he walked, he swore he could hear footstep beyond him, taking a deep breath, he looked behind him, seeing the shadow figure of a masked with a mask "wanna play a game young man?" He asked in an amused ton.

Ground Rules:
  • Speed is Equal
  • Oscar has knowledge on how The Gambler operates
  • Battle takes place in the middle of a street at night (Seen here)
  • Both start 5 meters appart from each other
  • Gambler doesn't have his gun
Both scales to baseline 10-A (With Oscar's durability slightly upscaling it)

Has a gambling problem: 0

Jess pinkman but he got that brain implant: 2 (ThePrimalHunter, Volt12121)

Both get busted by the 8 years old detective: 0

Last edited:
Before anyone comments on Gambler's supernatural luck, it helps him avoid death, incap is a vaild way of taking him out

Julia easily catches both of them and locks them up FRA

So Oscar will try to talk his way out of the situation by convincing The Gamber that fighting each other isn't a good idea while The Gambler will try to talk Oscar into playing a death game with him

Oscar is very unlikely to give into Gambler's request to play, as he usually doesn't give in to things like this easily. However, if the Gambler did talk Oscar into it with his incredibly good SI, Oscar is screwed as he isn't all that lucky.

I'm not sure if Oscar could talk his way out of this, as idk how Gambler reacts to other people trying to talk their way out of situations. Oscar is pretty much a professional at verbal aikido and can talk even the most crazy people out of attacking him such as Marcus. But because the Gambler is an expert SI user himself, he might know what Oscar's trying to do and not fall for it

If things get physical, Oscar has better hand-to-hand skill and durability, but the Gambler has better weapons and access to 9-C weapons, which kind of negates the better durability. Pepper spray might be handy, but the gambler does have a mask, so that might help him a little bit

Oscar does have the advantage of knowing how the Gambler operates in which he won't be prone to violence right away as tricking his victims into playing his game is far more rewarding to him.

The Gambler is also unlikely to be convinced against playing a game and would be prone to reacting violently if he noticed one were to try and trick him out of one.

Oscar could potentially taze him while the Gambler has his guard down as his opening move is always to offer a game to his victims and that could prove effectively as well, Gambler is still human.

Oscar's best bet is acting interested and then backstabbing, as if things were to get physical, Gambler will not hesitate to beat him to death with his cane.

So Oscar pretty much has 1 shot to try and trick the gambler that he's going to play his game and try to take him out then, otherwise the cane is coming out and Oscar doesn't have much of a shot

So pretty much, would the taser be enough for the Gambler to be stunned and give Oscar a chance to knock him out?

Tasers are pretty effective, but depending on the clothes the Gambler wears, they could help lessen the effect

Gambler wears regular gentleman-like clothes which would be something akin to this. His clothes could definitely provide some protection but a taser shot could be problematic as they are usually designed to disrupt muscle functions temporarily and his luck would simply make it so its makes him escape the chance of it being deadly.

So Oscar has a chance for it to be enough to get a window of opportunity.

Last edited:
So as far as I can tell:

Gambler's Wincon: Beating Oscar to death with a cane
Oscar's Wincon: Tasing Gambler when he has an opertunity and beating the shit out of him

I'll comment on this more later as I can't rn, but Oscars does seem slightly more achivable

Apologies for not getting to this earlier. I've been pretty busy

So I think Oscar might have this due to his prior knowledge on how the Gambler works. He'll try to lure him into a game, and chances are Oscar won't win those games. If he notices that he can't talk his way out of the situation, which he should notice rather quickly that the Gambler is getting agressive for Oscar not wanting to play, I think playing along until an opportunity to pepper spray/tase him comes along would be something Oscar would realistically do. From there, he could catch the Gambler off guard and use his better brawling skill to take the Gambler down

Obviously, if Oscar ***** up with his timing, he gets beat to death with the cane. But Oscar has enough experience to know the timing. I'm saying Oscar takes this with high diff

I'll also be voting Oscar and i'm impressed Gambler really had the kid on his toes despite the latter having prior knowledge

Back