• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Battle Between Monkeys - Mori Jin vs Monkey D. Luffy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know, he evolved during the fight and it works better the more Dean is in danger.He was able to see multiple futures where Jin was kicking his ass but that's more of a feat on Jin's part.

I'm still with Jin, Luffy has no answer to acupuncture which Jin uses frequently, Jin is widely known to be one of the most skilled characters on the wiki, can boost his overall stats by 8x nigh instantly and should be able to counter Luffy's precog.

Based off his profile Luffy is a beginner advanced haki user and he doesn't use Goken (send his aura inside his enemies) but is able to use the aura application of it which is what I believe he used to counter Katakuri and the aura part of advanced haki doesn't mean every user is able to use Goken or passively uses Goken when projecting their aura.Is this correct?

8x is out of character. But yeah, he isn't past boosting himself by 2x or 4x

Jin's acupuncture has a stated weakness that works in a similar fashion to what Busoshoku does.

Ovens said that any boost that'd make him above Low 6-B is restricted so at best he can boost once if we consider them comparable. Such difference isn't enough to bypass Luffy's resistance, much less if he's using Gear 4th which enhances such resistance against those who can naturally bypass it.

I don't get a single thing in your third paragraph. Luffy can see in the future and would totally use Goken if Jin appears to be a troublesome opponent.

Luffy in the previous chapters is starting to get used for his Goken so he can use it very well. For the acupuncture, as stated above yeah it can be a problem but this version is starting with Boundman which coats his body with armament haki and still retain his rubbery so I don't know if that help luffy a bit.

Luffy countered Kat's precog with snakeman because luffy's attack will follow Kat even if he dodges many of them the attack will still follow. Goken is for those who mastered advanced haki and Luffy in the previous chapter is starting to get hang with it so it safe to assume that Luffy can use it very well.

It should be noted that the only time acupuncture failed was against someone who was literally made up of the hardest material in heaven and on earth.

@The Calaca

Jin's accupuncture weakness is negligble for anything under 5x boost or isn't life threatening.

He can still use boosts and not break into another tier, he would just be really close to 6-B without actually being 6-B.He doesn't need to bypass Luffy's resistance Jin would be able to damage him with AP alone unless Haki and Gear 4th negs damage in general or makes Luffy's durability just below 6-B.

I didn't have a third paragraph.

@MrDrProfesserPatricio

I don't think that would make a difference here when Jin is comparable to Luffy and accupuncture only failed when used against the strongest metal in heaven.Jin's accupuncture even worked on Jin and Daewi's armor both of which are High 4-C and nosells piercing and slashing attacks from other high 4-C.

Getting the hang of something is different from mastering it I'll let Luffy potentially having Goken slide.

Jin still has to tag Luffy and considering they are starting at 4km where Luffy can snipe him with ricocheting punches that increase in speed, where he'll aim where Jin moves to and has a certain AoE where he will be destroyed with Goken inside out, it's less likely that Jin will be able to close the distance.

If they are both comparable and Jin's boost is up to 8x then he could boost up to 2x only (5 Teratons). If he boosts 3x he'd be 7.5 Teratons which is already above Low 6-B.

The second paragraph. Ignore my blindness.

Jin attacked a Mandeok Sang who teleported across an island with a technique called Bo-up, I don't think that would be an issue.And he still has the boost and pain negation.

Then Jin's accupuncture weakness wouldn't be a factor here at all.

I was wondering if not all advanced haki users can use Goken

What does that do? Pain Negation doesn't negate the damage. If you lose an arm you'll not feel pain, but the arm won't come back.

It depends. Because his weakness' section says that it doesn't work well on things similar to Haki so I'm not so sure about that.

Not all, but Luffy can.

It's a technique that's basically teleporting behind the enemy from long distances without actually teleporting (speed technique).True but unless Goken cuts limbs I don't think that would be a problem for Jin.

I mean it's only similar by being very hard.Haki shouldn't be comparable to High 4-C metal. If Jin and a weaker clones and characters could use accupuncture on Contiential+ enemies to High 4-C piercing and slashing negating armor and works on a nano level, I don't armament Haki would be a problem.

Ik

If it's not teleportation then nothing stops Luffy from attempting to stop him before he close the distances. It's basically the same scenario.

Goken blows things up similar to Violent Fragmentation effects. It'd destroy the body if makes contact.

Funny how it was on cellular level before and now it works on nano level.

I mean it works on beings faster and comparable to Jin so I don't think Luffy would be any different with Luffy.Even though it's not teleportation, it's still a technique that's borderline hax.

I assume that's for those not comparable to Luffy.

It's always been nano level, actually beyond nano level.The profile makes this clear.

Realistically Bo-up would put Jin behind Luffy while he's charging Black Mamba and even then he should be able to dodge it if he was able to dodge multiple attacks that teleported inside him even when heavily damaged.

It's speed amp. Calling it hax when every description doesn't imply that is wrong.

It works on stronger beings. Luffy trained it to beat someone with a skin so tough that he couldn't make a dent on.

Calling it hax was to emphasized it's pseudo teleportation speed to reinforce the idea that Luffy would likely not be able to tag Jin when he uses Bo-up if people comparable/faster than Jin or could teleport couldn't outrun/track Jin when using it, not that it's literal hax.

Did he make that person explode into violent fragmentation bits?

Not yet. He has used it on metals and stuff like that. It probably wouldn't work as good as that in skin (mostly because OP narrative doesn't work with such wounds) but the damage will be significant enough anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back