• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

9-B Monsters Bracket Round 7

Dodging another one of the Giant Mantis' swipes, Jibanyan sprang for his larger opponent, launching himself into the air and punching her right leg at the knee. A loud CRACK filled the air as the insect's leg broke from the blow, causing the bug to keel over with a shriek of pain. The mantis was riddled with dents that cracked open her exoskeleton, and two of her other legs were already broken, leaving the giant bug crippled and defenseless.

Jibanyan, meanwhile, was in better condition as he ducked and weaved around each and every one of the mantis' attacks. Seeing his opportunity, the Yo-Kai began charging towards his larger opponent to finish this battle. Desperate, the false Kamacuras swung her right arm at her smaller foe, only for Jibanyan to jump to his left and dodge the attack.

Leaping onto his opponent's back, Jibanyan sprang into the air once more, before he shot down towards his opponent's head. Unable to retaliate, the Giant Mantis could only let out a screech before Jibanyan struck her hard in the head, bringing out another loud crack as the top of her head was crushed inwards. Green blood spurting from the cracked exoskeleton, the mammoth insect collapsed onto her side, her legs curling up to her chest in death.

Landing down in front of his fallen foe, Jibanyan continued on his way, walking through the foliage as he resumed his search for a way out.

With each time the Gorgonopsid tried snapping at Magikarp with her jaws, the Pokemon would just jump out of the way and retaliate with Tackle. Dodging to the therapsid's left, Magikarp flung himself at his larger enemy's forelimb, striking the appendage with great force. Another loud crack filled the air, followed by the Gorgonopsid's howl of pain as her limb was broken from the strength of the attack. Hobbling back on her remaining three limbs, the carnivore, out of desperation, threw herself at Magikarp in one last ditch attack, bearing her jaws upon the smaller monster. Magikarp was quicker on the draw, though, as he jumped away into the lake, splashing into the water and slipping beneath the waves.

Falling into the water's edge, the Gorgonopsid painfully pushed herself back upright, looking out across the lake in search of her aquatic quarry.

Unfortunately for her, it was now Magikarp's turn to be the ambush hunter.

Bursting from the water like a crocodile, Magikarp shot towards his shocked opponent at high speed. Before the therapsid could move to dodge, Magikarp spun around and struck his enemy hard across the face with his tail. The sheer speed and strength of the impact proved too much for the Gorgonopsid's body to withstand, for the mammal-like reptile's neck snapped from the strong impact. As Magikarp fell back to the water, the Gorgonopsid's body remained perched upright very briefly, before falling limply onto her stomach.

Glad that this confrontation was over and done with, Magikarp turned and began to make his way back into deeper water, squirming about in the shallow end of the lake. Overhead, the dark clouds now completely covered the sun, the low rumble of thunder being heard as rain began to drizzle from the heavens.

Stepping out of the jungle, Jibanyan found that he had arrived at a great lake, and he was surprised by what he found. Firstly, there was the body of some large creature laying in the water's edge. And secondly, and this really caught his eye, there was a large fish flopping about in the shallow water, trying to escape into the lake.

His eyes widening in hungry delight as he realized he hadn't eaten in a while, Jibanyan eagerly began running towards the fish, the thought that perhaps he could try feeding on the larger creature's body never occuring to him.

Hearing the sound of rapidly approaching footsteps from behind, Magikarp turned to see a red cat-looking creature running at him. Judging from its practically predatory expression, it was easy to tell what its intentions were. Were he capable of it, Magikarp would have groaned in exasperation. This was getting ridiculous! Predators left and right were trying to eat him, all in the same day! Would this never end?

Deciding he was really not in the mood to be dealing with this right now, Magikarp turned to face his incoming enemy, ready to teach him his final lesson.

Current Standings

Hub

Magikarp, submitted by 00potato, vs Jibanya, submitted by Starter Pack.

Fight takes place by the shoreline of a great lake during a rainstorm.

Speed equalized.

Base Jibanyan vs Level 100 wild Magikarp with all naturally learned moves (so no Hydro Pump or the like).
Magikarp-0
JibanyanPNGcutout

I mean, I would've had Jibanyan finish the Green Mantis with his signature Paws of Fury, but I digress.

So, Jibanyan has the best chance of taking on Magikarp so far. Despite the fact that I believe Magikarp has a 3X advantage over Jibanyan in terms of AP, Jibanyan actually has something Magikarp's last two opponents didn't: actual combat experience. Specifically against smaller creatures about Magikarp's size. Now, that being said, the fact that a rainstorm is going on actually hurts Jibanyan a lot here, as not only will his Fire be less effective, but Magikarp's Swift Swim will kick in, boosting his speed to twice as fast.

Now, if there was no rainstorm, I would say Jibanyan would win for certain, due of his combat experience, his greater mobility on land, and his overall battling style being superior to Magikarp's. The rain, however, does help Magikarp and would make this very tight. Though, despite the increased speed working against him, I'm still gonna place my vote on Jibanyan for the previous reasons, especially since Hydro Pump is apparently out for Magikarp, so it would end up being a physical battle through and through. And frankly, I think this comes down to a matter of endurance between the two, and due to the likely years Jibanyan had spent punching trucks, I'd give him a slight edge in the edurance department due to his combat training endurance rather than Magikarp's plain tenacity and will to live. (Though, that's why it's close.)

As I said, this is close. But, my vote is for Jibanyan with very high difficulty. It'd take a lot to take down the Karp, especially with that 3X advantage it has, but I believe Jibanyan has just enough stamina to take it down.

Back