• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
In the new Texas Chainsaw video game, which serves as a canon prequel set a few months before the 1974 original, Leatherface can physically destroy solid doors and wooden furniture (albeit after dealing slight damage with his chainsaw). Any version that has the original film as canon within their timeline (The OG timeline, 3D, and 2022) should be upgraded to 9-B.

The 2022 version should also be added as a key to the original (or merged altogether) instead of a separate profile since the sequels are apparently canon to it according to the producer, and nothing in the film contradicts this.

In the new Texas Chainsaw video game, which serves as a canon prequel set a few months before the 1974 original, Leatherface can physically destroy solid doors and wooden furniture (albeit after dealing slight damage with his chainsaw). Any version that has the original film as canon within their timeline (The OG timeline, 3D, and 2022) should be upgraded to 9-B.

The 2022 version should also be added as a key to the original (or merged altogether) instead of a separate profile since the sequels are apparently canon to it according to the producer, and nothing in the film contradicts this.
We have a profile for the Leatherface from the video game. But, according to what I see here, we should merge the profiles of the OG Leatherface, the Leatherface from the video game, and the one from 2022. For the moment I agree.

Since I was bored, I made a sandbox of what Leatherface's profile should look like with these revisions, I also added some images. What do they think?

Last edited:
Leatherface can physically destroy solid doors and wooden furniture (albeit after dealing slight damage with his chainsaw).
I wouldn't call this slightly damage. In the video itself it shows Leatherface taking multiple seconds to saw through a barricade before it collapses on itself and the door is critically damaged as well.

The door explosion stuff is for when they Jason Voorhees through a door and not damage it heavily first.

I wouldn't call this slightly damage. In the video itself it shows Leatherface taking multiple seconds to saw through a barricade before it collapses on itself and the door is critically damaged as well.
Here he only makes a small cut in one of the doors of the house and then smashes it into pieces with an attack.

"Texas Chainsaw Massacre being a direct sequel to the 1974 film raises questions. After five decades of waiting, Sally Hardesty returns and tracks down Leatherface. But pride ends up being Sally’s undoing as she is surprised that Leatherface doesn't remember her after all this time ... If you consider the seven other Texas Chainsaw Massacre sequels to be canon, his foggy memory makes sense"

So it seems to be more so a "do you consider them canon?" type of thing and not an official "Yes, they're canon" type of thing. It was originally made to be a direct sequal to the first one, so I think that's how we should treat it. Plus, he mentions the other 7, which just doesn't work with the already established timelines, as the previous 7 would include the reboots, and the 3d timeline, which have all been confirmed to be a seperate timeline. So no, it doesn't work

Here he only makes a small cut in one of the doors of the house and then smashes it into pieces with an attack.
I guess that's more resonable, but it still involves him damaging the door with his chainsaw before he breaks it. So I'm not sure how that works.

@Mr._Bambu what is your opinion on the usability of the Jason door fragmentation calc with the above showing?

I guess that's more resonable, but it still involves him damaging the door with his chainsaw before he breaks it. So I'm not sure how that works.

@Mr._Bambu what is your opinion on the usability of the Jason door fragmentation calc with the above showing?
Huh, was just watching this game.

Leave it as a "possibly". It's not as impressive as the original feat I did, the cut definitely matters but I don't know to what extent- it definitely seems Leatherface couldn't do the feat as easily without the cut, at the very least.

I'm fairly certain that the game is an alternate universe set months before its own version of the first movie. The family's last name is different (Sawyer vs Slaughter), Johnny and Sissy exist while they don't in the movie, and they have supernatural powers in the form of powers and perks. I don't think Leatherface was using clairvoyance in the movie lol

As for Leatherface's AP, there are instances of him sawing through thick metal crawlspaces and metal doors. The barricades also get violent fragmented, I think 9-B is accurate

The family's last name is different (Sawyer vs Slaughter)
In the fourth movie their last name was also Slaughter if I remember correctly.
I'm fairly certain that the game is an alternate universe set months before its own version of the first movie
The game is canon in the Texas Chainsaw series. Set several months before the original movie. It’s meant to build on the existing universe, not relying on what’s already been established.
I think that simply Leatherface and his family were retconned and now have somewhat supernatural abilities, this seems to be very direct about the canonicity of the game.

Last edited:
"Texas Chainsaw Massacre being a direct sequel to the 1974 film raises questions. After five decades of waiting, Sally Hardesty returns and tracks down Leatherface. But pride ends up being Sally’s undoing as she is surprised that Leatherface doesn't remember her after all this time ... If you consider the seven other Texas Chainsaw Massacre sequels to be canon, his foggy memory makes sense"

These are the words of the article writer not the producer himself

So it seems to be more so a "do you consider them canon?" type of thing and not an official "Yes, they're canon" type of thing. It was originally made to be a direct sequal to the first one, so I think that's how we should treat it. Plus, he mentions the other 7, which just doesn't work with the already established timelines, as the previous 7 would include the reboots, and the 3d timeline, which have all been confirmed to be a seperate timeline. So no, it doesn't work
He said “all the sequels” likely referring to TCM 2-4. Reboots aren’t sequels

Huh, was just watching this game.

Leave it as a "possibly". It's not as impressive as the original feat I did, the cut definitely matters but I don't know to what extent- it definitely seems Leatherface couldn't do the feat as easily without the cut, at the very least.
Will this work? (I added only some images and for the rest I only merged the profile of the video game with that of the original timeline, and then with that of the 3D timeline).

Last edited:
I think that simply Leatherface and his family were retconned and now have somewhat supernatural abilities, this seems to be very direct about the canonicity of the game.
Canon and continuity aren't the same thing. Something can be canon while not being in the same continuity, and I think this is the case here

This would be a really heavy retcon too, giving them powers and adding at least three new family members into the mix would drastically change how the first movie played out

This would be a really heavy retcon too, giving them powers and adding at least three new family members into the mix would drastically change how the first movie played out
Do you realize that in the third and fourth movie they also introduced a new family without explanation, and in the fourth movie they changed Leatherface's last name, and we still consider those movies as the same continuity? :v
Canon and continuity aren't the same thing. Something can be canon while not being in the same continuity, and I think this is the case here
It is said to be canon to the TCM film series, meaning that the film series occurred in the same universe as the game. Furthermore, the text implies that the game is in the same universe as the movies.

Statement:
The game is canon in the Texas Chainsaw series. Set several months before the original movie. It’s meant to build on the existing universe, not relying on what’s already been established.

Is it possible for this feat to get a calc? Might be a more reliable solution if we can get a value for this specific calc rather than put a “possibly” rating due to context

Is it possible for this feat to get a calc? Might be a more reliable solution if we can get a value for this specific calc rather than put a “possibly” rating due to context
Probably not. The feat is just cutting the middle of the door to give it less structural integrity, I don't know of any way to satisfiably account for that without some blatantly untrue assumptions.

He said “all the sequels” likely referring to TCM 2-4. Reboots aren’t sequels
He said "all 7". That would mean TCM 2-4, both 3D timeline fims, and the 2 reboot movies. 3+2+2 = 7. He was talking about every TCM movie. See my previous argument as to why that doesn't work

Will this work? (I added only some images and for the rest I only merged the profile of the video game with that of the original timeline, and then with that of the 3D timeline).
If the game truly is canon and we accept the more supernatural stuff then yeah, that would be fine.

Probably not. The feat is just cutting the middle of the door to give it less structural integrity, I don't know of any way to satisfiably account for that without some blatantly untrue assumptions.
He said "all 7". That would mean TCM 2-4, both 3D timeline fims, and the 2 reboot movies. 3+2+2 = 7. He was talking about every TCM movie. See my previous argument as to why that doesn't work
What opinion does everyone have about adding the video game to the original timeline and the 3D timeline, and about the sandboxes I made?

So far those who agree are Qawsedf, the OP, Cropfist and me (4).

Last edited:
Personally I don't think makes sense for the game to be a prequel in the same universe due to the multiple inconsistencies I listed above. Presence of supernatural elements, character's names being different, Sissy and Johnny existing (and more dubiously, Sissy's possible counterpart being dead by the time the game takes place)

If anything, I think we should do what we do for Michael Myers, separate each into it's own timeline with the first movie being a branching point. The first Halloween movie is canon to three different Halloween continuities, but they aren't canon to each other.

Also, the second movie is not canon to the game, only the first movie is.

Personally I don't think makes sense for the game to be a prequel in the same universe due to the multiple inconsistencies I listed above. Presence of supernatural elements, character's names being different, Sissy and Johnny existing (and more dubiously, Sissy's possible counterpart being dead by the time the game takes place)

If anything, I think we should do what we do for Michael Myers, separate each into it's own timeline with the first movie being a branching point. The first Halloween movie is canon to three different Halloween continuities, but they aren't canon to each other.

The 2nd movie isn’t in the game (currently) because of licensing not canonicity.

Presence of supernatural elements
Retconning, furthermore, didn't add much to him either, they just gave him better senses and a slight clairvoyance.
character's names being different
They have only "changed" the family's last name, which has already happened in the movies, in the fourth the family's last name is Slaughter.
The game is a prequel that takes place several months before the first film, Loretta Sawyer died after the first film.

That the video game universe is only the video game + first movie contradicts the statement in which they mention that the video game is canon in the film series, set months before the first. They simply can't add more things from other TCM movies because they lack the rights to do so and it wouldn't make much sense to do so, given that this game takes place months before the first movie.
Sissy and Johnny existing
They could have simply not been present at the time where the first movie took place, Sissy is not in the first movie but she is in TCM 3D, and yet we take TCM 3D as a sequel to the first movie.

I think not having licensing access to anything but the first movie means that they should be considered a different continuity, I think that's a basically fair approach to the problem here. Still canon, but considered a different timeline and not scaling to anything else.

Yeah, if you legally can't use the material I doubt the claim that they're canon to each other. If anything it's the exact opposite.

Yeah, if you legally can't use the material I doubt the claim that they're canon to each other. If anything it's the exact opposite.
Well, in this comment Andy Cleves only mentions that his game is canon for the first film, and that he even worked with the screenwriter of this one, Kim Henkel. I guess we can invalidate the statement that the game is canon to the film series because they don't own the rights to the film series.

Well, Leatherface's profile (Original Timeline) can stay as is (although I would like to add some images to it like I did in my sandbox, can I do that?). For the Leatherface profile from the video game, his "9-B" should be reduced to "at least 9-C, likely 9-B", but I guess that's a topic for another CRT.

That’s the writer of the article not the producer

The producers said that people can see the films as canon if they want, but they made it intending it to be a direct sequel, so no, it's not canon to the OG timeline. If the viewer wants it to be canon, they can, but it was made with the intention of being a direct sequel, meaning the other 3 films canonically don't happen

For the Leatherface profile from the video game, his "9-B" should be reduced to "at least 9-C, likely 9-B", but I guess that's a topic for another CRT.
I agree for now, but if I can get footage of him taking out the metal door or crawlspaces I'll request a calc, and I'd be surprised if it didn't get 9-B. Same with him v. fragging the barricades

I do agree, Leatherface is probably 9-B. Those barriers that only he can break are pretty chunky.

Breaking those metal doors as Leatherface is one of the dumbest things you can possibly do in the game (they lead to an easy exit) so I don't think it'll be easy to find, I may have to record it myself lol

The producers said that people can see the films as canon if they want, but they made it intending it to be a direct sequel, so no, it's not canon to the OG timeline. If the viewer wants it to be canon, they can, but it was made with the intention of being a direct sequel, meaning the other 3 films canonically don't happen
I guess that clears it up, 2022 should be kept separate then

I agree for now, but if I can get footage of him taking out the metal door or crawlspaces I'll request a calc, and I'd be surprised if it didn't get 9-B. Same with him v. fragging the barricades
If you’re referring to the blue metal doors, Leatherface isn’t able to destroy those

Back