• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
This CRT will mainly be focusing on the Leatherface Profile and how I think we can fix it, as well as maybe touch on some of the other profiles in the verse

First things first, Leatherface. I think we should do with Leatherface's profile what we did with Michael Myer's profile and make each of the timelines their own pages.

Reason 1: It makes the Leatherface profile less cluttered

Reason 2: Each of the keys have different levels of power. Original Timeline Leatherface is about 1.6kj due to punching through a door in one of the sequals (The third movie iirc), while 2022 Leatherface would be roughly between 375 - 9920 joules due to breaking a man's bone, which is a pretty big difference in power. Intelligence is also pretty different, as 3D Timeline Leatherface as actually been shown to be relatively average in intelligence, while his other 2 versions are legally mentally handicapped. So overall, each of the timelines have different levels of power, and it would be best to seperate them into different pages

Reason 3: We did it with Michael, I feel like it's only fair we do it with Bubba

Seperating the keys into different pages isn't the only thing I wanted to reccomend though. I think we got some things wrong with some of the keys and I want to fix that

All Profiles
All following changes I recommend I think should be applied to all Leatherface profiles

Weapon Mastery: All of the Leatherfaces have shown great proficency with their chainsaws and mallets and can use them effectively in battle, so they should all get that

High Pain Tolerance: All 3 of the Leatherfaces can keep fighting at full force after experiencing extreme levels of pain and don't even really react to pain all that much. So all 3 should have this on their profile

Now to cover each of them individually

Original Timeline (TCM 1-4)
First, Leatherface should have Peak Human Physical Characteristics, not Superhuman. Leatherface scales to 1.6kj due to punching a hole through a door. Mike Tyson was able to punch that hard back in his prime, making Leatherface just as strong as a peak human. His durability might be superhuman, but that can be debated later

Lastly, he should have Type 2 Immortality. Leatherface survived having a running chainsaw in his intestines, which was actively destroying his internal organs because it was still on, and he survived. He only "died" due to the grenade blast which happened later.

Everything else looks good on the Original Timeline Leatherface key. So just change a few things and he should be good for his own page. The match with the Wendigo from Until Dawn can be put on this profile, as that match was using OG Timeline Leatherface's key, and it would only make sense. These changes don't change too much either, so that match can be kept

3D Timeline (Leatherface, TCM 1, & TCM 3D)
Be warned, I haven't seen either Leatherface or TCM 3D in a while, so most of what I say is likely wrong as most of this is just from memory

So iirc, in the prequal film "Leatherface", a younger Bubba crushes a cop's skull with a car door, which would be 3000 - 3900 Joules. Even if he didn't crush the skull, he still killed the cop using a car door, which still supports baseline Street Level. He should have that feat listed.

His durability should also just be "Street Level" not "At Least Street Level". He survived a shotgun blast which can produce 3200 Joules of energy, so the wording should be changed

He should also have "Average" intelligence. Although he isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, he has shown better critical thinking than the other timeline versions and in Leatherface, was portraid as being an average kid with relatively average intelligence, so that should also be mentioned

That's about all I have. His Class 5 LS and Wall Level Chainsaw do still work, and he still does deserve Superhuman Physical Characteristics

2022 Timeline (TCM & TCM (2022))
I think 2022 Leatherface should get "At least Street Level" due to his most impressive feat being easily breaking a police officers arm, which is usually 375 - 9920 Joules. The reason I think he should be "At least Street Level" is because he did this feat incredibly casually. He pretty much just flicked his wrist and the entire arm snapped like a twig

Also, I don't think his chainsaw should be Wall Level. I don't think you need to be Wall Level to pull off the feats he preforms with his chainsaw. Maybe a "Far Higher with his Chainsaw" would work, but I don't think it qualifies for Wall Level

His LS should also be Peak Human. I don't think Athlele level characters can just throw a person that far that casually. He can also overpower small groups of people as shown with the bus scene, which I feel like would require more than 500 lbs of force to do. It might just be me, but I think a bump to his LS is justified

That's all I have for the 2022 Timeline. Everything looks fine there

Bud Horton
He's not a leatherface, but he is a character we have a page for, and he is a Texas Chainsaw Massacre character, so I might as well look at him too.

First, neither of his AP feats really work. iirc, he beat the 2 men to death, I don't think he ever broke one of their necks by punching it. The other feat, smashing Dr. Lang's head thorugh a window, was done over multiple blows, not in 1 go. He also broke through a regular window, not a windshield. So the calc wouldn't apply.

I still think he is Street Level though. He did kill 2 dudes by just straight up beating them to death and curbstomped one of the inmates to death, presumibly crushing their skull. He should also scale above a young Leatherface, as he was shown to be stronger than a young Jedidiah Sawyer. Bud only exists in the 3D timeline, so he would scale to that Leatherface's younger self

As for LS, I don't think he should scale to 3D Leatherface's Class 5 feat. That would be a massive outlier for Bud and for all we know Jedidiah got way stronger during the several year gap between Leatherface and TCM 3D. So in short, Bud is not scaling to flipping cars. He probably does deserve Peak Human LS though for crushing a skull which is 500 kg of force (Peak Human) and due to how easily he can overpower cops and young Leatherface.

That's about all I have

All profiles:

I'm not entirely sure with Weapon Mastery, are there any scans that show Leatherface having decent skill with a weapon? that is, anyone can kill someone with a chainsaw or by hitting them with a sledgehammer.

I agree with the rest.

Original Timeline (TCM 1-4):

I don't agree with Type 2 Immortality, isn't it better regeneration? in the following film he appears undamaged.

If the Leatherface from the first four movies is supposed to be the same, shouldn't he have Wall Level durability from surviving the grenade explosion?

I agree with the rest.

3D Timeline (Leatherface, TCM 1, & TCM 3D):

He didn't crush the skull, just killed it and needed to hit it multiple times. I think the "At least" in his Durability comes from not being affected by the shot at all, as if he hadn't taken it, which means it takes a lot more energy to damage him.

I don't quite understand why his chainsaw is at Wall Level, chainsaws could even cut houses in half, but nonetheless nobody puts them at 9-A, and I'm sure it wasn't much volume that Leatherface cut with his saw, I think. which should have the level of a normal chainsaw.

I agree with the rest.

2022 Timeline (TCM & TCM (2022)):

I agree with everything.

I agree with the Bud thing as well.

Last edited:
Original Timeline (TCM 1-4):

I don't agree with Type 2 Immortality, isn't it better regeneration? in the following film he appears undamaged.

If the Leatherface from the first four movies is supposed to be the same, shouldn't he have Wall Level durability from surviving the grenade explosion?

I agree with the rest.
The original timeline is really weird. The Sawyer family ends up getting renamed several times throughout the series, certian events go in and out of being canon, the og timeline is kind of a mess, and I haven't seen the movies for a little while, so I can't really confirm or deny Wall Level Durability rn

Reason 3: We did it with Michael, I feel like it's only fair we do it with Bubba
Yeah, there shouldn't be an exception for Leatherface when it happened to Michael.
All following changes I recommend I think should be applied to all Leatherface profiles

Weapon Mastery: All of the Leatherfaces have shown great proficency with their chainsaws and mallets and can use them effectively in battle, so they should all get that
I'm not actually with you here. The only Leatherface I think qualifies is the 3D version. The rest are far more brute-ish and direct with their weapons. Considering a cop with no real HtH skill could fight and defeat Leatherface with a chainsaw I wouldn't say he's skilled in the same way Jason is with his aimbot skills or Michael's knife skills.
High Pain Tolerance: All 3 of the Leatherfaces can keep fighting at full force after experiencing extreme levels of pain and don't even really react to pain all that much. So all 3 should have this on their profile
Yeah they should all have this. At least the original and Netflix would, since both have took an obscene amount of damage without slowing down much
First, Leatherface should have Peak Human Physical Characteristics, not Superhuman. Leatherface scales to 1.6kj due to punching a hole through a door. Mike Tyson was able to punch that hard back in his prime, making Leatherface just as strong as a peak human. His durability might be superhuman, but that can be debated later

Lastly, he should have Type 2 Immortality. Leatherface survived having a running chainsaw in his intestines, which was actively destroying his internal organs because it was still on, and he survived. He only "died" due to the grenade blast which happened later.
Downgrading his physicals is fine, but the 4th Texas Chainsaw movie states that all the previous three happened in its story. So Leatherface would need to have survived the grenade for that movie to happen.
3D Timeline (Leatherface, TCM 1, & TCM 3D)
These changes are fine
2022 Timeline (TCM & TCM (2022))
I'm fine with these changes. I think the thread that added the Netflix stuff also mentioned that the chainsaw was debatable with being 9-B.
I still think he is Street Level though. He did kill 2 dudes by just straight up beating them to death and curbstomped one of the inmates to death, presumibly crushing their skull. He should also scale above a young Leatherface, as he was shown to be stronger than a young Jedidiah Sawyer. Bud only exists in the 3D timeline, so he would scale to that Leatherface's younger self

As for LS, I don't think he should scale to 3D Leatherface's Class 5 feat. That would be a massive outlier for Bud and for all we know Jedidiah got way stronger during the several year gap between Leatherface and TCM 3D. So in short, Bud is not scaling to flipping cars. He probably does deserve Peak Human LS though for crushing a skull which is 500 kg of force (Peak Human) and due to how easily he can overpower cops and young Leatherface.
Both changes are fine in my view.

iirc, 2 staff members have to approve a crt for it to be applied
While having more staff members is never bad, a CRT can get passed with only one staff member if its either a minor change or the franchise in question doesn't have enough people to get something through.

In this case Leatherface falls in the second category. You'll allowed to make the changes.

While having more staff members is never bad, a CRT can get passed with only one staff member if its either a minor change or the franchise in question doesn't have enough people to get something through.

In this case Leatherface falls in the second category. You'll allowed to make the changes.
Ok, thank you. Making the changes & profiles now

Profiles have been made. I do need some help with renaming the Original Timeline Leatherface Profile to: Leatherface (Original Timeline)

Also, I don't know how to add the other timeline versions to the "Articles about Leatherface" tab, so I do need some assistance with that. Otherwise, I can cover everything else

Also, I don't know how to add the other timeline versions to the "Articles about Leatherface" tab, so I do need some assistance with that. Otherwise, I can cover everything else
I found out how to do this. I do still need someone to change the name of the OG Timeline Leatherface's profile though, as I still don't know how to do that

Back