• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

+++ 9-A Swiss style Tournament: Breaking conventions +++: Round 1; Match 3: Wolverine (X-Men Film Series) vs Volt Foss (Solo were-huntr)

Shapeshifting isn't the same has literally being the same person, Volt and his clones are the same people the only difference is when a clone dies it disappears.

And that still doesn't help Wolverine either way, he's 70 meters away from him blocked by clones who won't just let him "get past them" if they die with ease that just makes Volt keep his considerable distance with wolverine by running away and playing his violin cause you can play an instrument while moving.

ok so wait ... why can't the clones try blocking him anyway and also they are 70 meters way so why can't Volt run when he noticed Wolverine isn't being harmed by his clones well
Knowing who the original Volt is, Wolverine will most likely go towards him and ignoring the duplicates. If they interfere, Wolverine can kill them by decapitating them when he realizes of their regeneration; if Volt runs away Wolverine can easily locate him and has faster travel speed, and if he tries to use the Sleep Inducement it takes 30 seconds which is considerable and enough for Wolverine to act. And I don't know how much skill or experience Volt or his duplicates have, but Wolverine has a lot

yeah I agree with above plus if only cellular level and not atomic level ... then yeah how would he know if they are?

Knowing who the original Volt is, Wolverine will most likely go towards him and ignoring the duplicates. If they interfere, Wolverine can kill them by decapitating them when he realizes of their regeneration; if Volt runs away Wolverine can easily locate him and has faster travel speed, and if he tries to use the Sleep Inducement it takes 30 seconds which is considerable and enough for Wolverine to act. And I don't know how much skill or experience Volt or his duplicates have, but Wolverine has a lot
Travel speed is equalized right? I assume that's how the Speed equalization rules work or is it just lowered proportionally to the equalization of combat speed?

Shapeshifting isn't the same has literally being the same person, Volt and his clones are the same people the only difference is when a clone dies it disappears.
Mystique's Shapeshifting works at a cellular level, she can exactly copy a person (weight, DNA, fingerprints, body size, voice, etc) and even the powers of other mutants
And that still doesn't help Wolverine either way, he's 70 meters away from him blocked by clones who won't just let him "get past them" if they die with ease that just makes Volt keep his considerable distance with wolverine by running away and playing his violin cause you can play an instrument while moving.
See my other comment

Travel speed is equalized right? I assume that's how the Speed equalization rules work or is it just lowered proportionally to the equalization of combat speed?
The combat speed of that faster character is assumed to be equalized to the combat speed of the slower character. Every other speed the faster character has is reduced by the same multiplier. This includes the speed of any attacks, projectiles, reactions, perception, flight etc.

Since Wolverine is the slowest character in terms of combat speed, his speed wouldn't be affected. Volt has a travel speed of 25/35 mhp while Wolverine is over 60 mph

Pretty sure every speed is equalized, it be hella weird to equaliz only 1 cause at point why even equaliz speed?

Pretty sure every speed is equalized, it be hella weird to equaliz only 1 cause at point why even equaliz speed?
no it's standard speed equal rules

which is the one stated above ... he is right (IDK why it's like this but yeah it is)

... well if that's the case then I think Wolverine probably wins now seeing as he can easily outspeed and out skill Volt.

Wolverine FRA

Volt has been trained since the age of 9 years old by were-hunters with multiple years of combat experience fighting were-beast and is recognized as prodigy by them, since the age of 14 he has then been fighting alone numerous were-beast

Last edited:
no it's standard speed equal rules

which is the one stated above ... he is right (IDK why it's like this but yeah it is)

... well if that's the case then I think Wolverine probably wins now seeing as he can easily outspeed and out skill Volt.

Wolverine FRA
That's completely stupid??? But alright lmao

Volt has been trained since the age of 9 years old by were-hunters with multiple years of combat experience fighting were-beast and is recognized as prodigy by them, since the age of 16 he has then been fighting alone numerous were-beast
yeah that isn't comparable to a century worth of fighting wars ...

Does the sleep song always take 30 seconds? Because it's possible to, you know, play an instrument faster. So is it a "how fast can you get through the song" type thing or a "have to listen for 30 seconds". Or is that the fastest he can play it?

yeah that isn't comparable to a century worth of fighting wars ...
Yeah, Wolverine has fought in the Civil War, WW1, WW2 and Vietnam. Against other mutants and beings with powers during his times as an X-Men. He has defeated soldiers, guards, ninjas, mercenaries, etc. He easily killed tens of Yacuza while he didn't have his regeneration. Fought and killed a samurai, etc.

Does the sleep song always take 30 seconds? Because it's possible to, you know, play an instrument faster. So is it a "how fast can you get through the song" type thing or a "have to listen for 30 seconds". Or is that the fastest he can play it?
He could definitely play it faster if his life was at risk (he usually doesn't, cause his violin is an important item to him and he doesn't wanna snap the cords by playing too rough) the song starts taking effect by being heard, It will start by drowsiness and yawns and once the song is finished full on sleep that Wolverine can't awake from unless the awken song is played or a full day as passed

He could definitely play it faster if his life was at risk (he usually doesn't, cause his violin is an important item to him and he doesn't wanna snap the cords by playing too rough) the song starts taking effect by being heard, It will start by drowsiness and yawns and once the song is finished full on sleep that Wolverine can't awake from unless the awken song is played or a full day as passed
ok so that can affect how well Wolverine get's to Volt since he still would need to get pass his clones and chase the real one down

The combat speed of that faster character is assumed to be equalized to the combat speed of the slower character. Every other speed the faster character has is reduced by the same multiplier. This includes the speed of any attacks, projectiles, reactions, perception, flight etc.

Since Wolverine is the slowest character in terms of combat speed, his speed wouldn't be affected. Volt has a travel speed of 25/35 mhp while Wolverine is over 60 mph
Uhhhhhh actually Volt scales to Subsonic in travel speed, 25/35 mph is when he was a child

If that's the case, once Volt sees Logan ripping apart his duplicates, he could probably just pull something like this (probably not as fast but you get it) and put Logan to sleep

Heck, Volt's clones would have analytical prediction. I'm sure the clones would be able to dodge Wolverines attacks and keep him distracted long enough for the song to be played. After Wolverine is knocked out, Volt can just throw his body into the ocean or something and call it a day

If that's the case, once Volt sees Logan ripping apart his duplicates, he could probably just pull something like this (probably not as fast but you get it) and put Logan to sleep

Heck, Volt's clones would have analytical prediction. I'm sure the clones would be able to dodge Wolverines attacks and keep him distracted long enough for the song to be played. After Wolverine is knocked out, Volt can just throw his body into the ocean or something and call it a day
or lake since ... Geneva has water nearby.

So then Yeah volt can just keep his distance by running away and eventually just putting Wolverine to sleep or soothe him from the want to fight with serene song

That's assuming the duplicates attack Wolverine before he attacks the original Volt. As I said before, his senses would allow him to identify the duplicates and locate the original Volt, so Wolverine has no reason to fight the duplicates since all his attention will be on Volt
Heck, Volt's clones would have analytical prediction. I'm sure the clones would be able to dodge Wolverines attacks and keep him distracted long enough for the song to be played.
Wasn't the argument that Volt would start playing the song when he sees Wolverine killing his duplicates? If they are dodging the attacks due to their Analytical Prediction then Volt would have no reason to play the song, especially knowing that they can regenerate. But since Wolverine has more experience and skill than the duplicates and knows how to deal with enemies with regeneration he will eventually kill them by decapitating them, and by then it will be too late for Volt to play the song
After Wolverine is knocked out, Volt can just throw his body into the ocean or something and call it a day
Stamina: Superhuman (Has gone through several decades of warfare without food or rest. Takes much more punishment than most other comparable mutants, and can even take the load of going back entire timelines and still consistently regenerate from having his mind torn apart, and even manage to remain underwater for several days with a single breath, such as when Mystique rescued him with the disguise of William Stryker a few days after the attack on the White House. Even in old age while suffering multitudes of ailments he survived being shot in the chest with a shotgun at point-blank and then receiving multiple blows to the head from wrenches, only to get back up in a frenzy and brutally murder his assailants)

How can Wolverine reach and attack Volt before running into his clones? They are 70 meters appart, it's impossible for Wolverine to reach Volt before his clones sense they are running towards him ready to fight him

Wolverine being more skilled literally helps Volt's case cause killing them makes him go "oh shit" and run away while playing the enternal lullaby and Wolverine can't catch up to him thanks to equalized speed

Also Victory isn't per death so,

"Knocking the opponent out for at least one hour" Is a available wincon that Volt can pull off with his enternal lullaby

That's assuming the duplicates attack Wolverine before he attacks the original Volt. As I said before, his senses would allow him to identify the duplicates and locate the original Volt, so Wolverine has no reason to fight the duplicates since all his attention will be on Volt
Yes, Wolverine can sniff out shapeshifters. But Volt's duplication works differently than mystique's shapeshifting, so that doesn't automatically mean he could sniff out the fake ones. Plus, Wolverine wouldn't know that killing the OG Volt will get rid of the copies. It would probably be better to deal with the 3 that are directly attacking him at that moment than to track down the OG. Kill the immediete threats and worry about Volt after
Wasn't the argument that Volt would start playing the song when he sees Wolverine killing his duplicates? If they are dodging the attacks due to their Analytical Prediction then Volt would have no reason to play the song, especially knowing that they can regenerate. But since Wolverine has more experience and skill than the duplicates and knows how to deal with enemies with regeneration he will eventually kill them by decapitating them, and by then it will be too late for Volt to play the song
Volt said it better than I could
Wolverine being more skilled literally helps Volt's case cause killing them makes him go "oh shit" and run away while playing the enternal lullaby and Wolverine can't catch up to him thanks to equalized speed
Overall, I'm changing my vote back to Volt. Sleep Manipulation is kind of hard to counter

How can Wolverine reach and attack Volt before running into his clones? They are 70 meters appart, it's impossible for Wolverine to reach Volt before his clones
How do his duplicates act? They search for Wolverine to attack him while Volt hides? Volt goes with them? Do they all stay in the same place waiting for Wolverine?
"Knocking the opponent out for at least one hour" Is a available wincon that Volt can pull off with his enternal lullaby
I know, I just wanted to clarify that drowning Wolverine while he's unconscious wouldn't kill him

Volt sends his clones attack first while he stands back and hide while studying his opponent for eventual weak points while that's happening his clones can also telepathically share information with him, he'll see his clones get ******* slaughter and know his only chance is keeping his distance away from Wolverine by running away and putting him to sleep.

Which is basically what i've been saying for a while now

Back