• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

+++ 9-A Swiss style Tournament: Breaking conventions +++: Round 1; Match 3: Wolverine (X-Men Film Series) vs Volt Foss (Solo were-huntr)

This is a 10-round Swiss-style tournament!!! (Link to Tournament page)
Round 1; Match 3: Wolverine (X-Men Film Series) vs Volt Foss (Solo were-huntr)
🇨🇭 in Geneva of course 🇨🇭

1920px-Geneve_2005_001_Ork.ch.jpg

Match Rules:
  • Speed is equalized
  • All optional equipment is allowed that is up to 9-A
  • Takes place in the center of Gevena at Sunrise
  • 70 meters starting distance
  • No Prep nor Prior Knowledge
  • The city is abandoned for these matches so no outside help
  • BFR, Death Manip, and other passive One-Shot Hax have been mostly banned
  • For more info go to the main Tournament page
Character
Attack Potency
Votes
Wolverine (X-Men Film Series)0.1286620377746176 Tons of TNT1: RoTt35;
Volt Foss (Solo were-huntr) (Child of a curse)0.12 Tons of TNT4: Board3659; Volt12121; ThePrimalHunter; LeoEpicGamer8910
Inconclusive0

GRACE!!!!

Last edited:
Does Wolverine have any counter to Volt's Sleep Manipulation and Empathic Manipulation with the violin? If not, Volt has equal levels of regen to Wolverine, and Wolverine has the adamantium skeleton, so neither can really harm each other, which would proably lead Volt to pulling out the violin before wolverine can kill him

Last edited:
Yeah Volt typically opens up with summoning 3 exactly clones of himself with Wolf pack before getting out of there and observing his opponent fight his clones for potential weak points he could notice, if he notices wolverine is just regenerating every single attack he'll just pull out thr violin and end things peacefully

Does Wolverine have any counter to Volt's Sleep Manipulation and Empathic Manipulation with the violin? If not, Volt has equal levels of regen to Wolverine, and Wolverine has the adamantium skeleton, so neither can really harm each other, which would proably lead Volt to pulling out the violin before wolverine can kill her
only Mind manip resistance

I doubt it applies here

Yeah Volt typically opens up with summoning 3 exactly clones of himself with Wolf pack before getting out of there and observing his opponent fight his clones for potential weak points he could notice, if he notices wolverine is just regenerating every single attack he'll just pull out thr violin and end things peacefully
Is this a stomp then?

I think it is since Volt has higher combat speeds than Wolverine

and if that isn't enough then violin just wins

actually, I think it's not ... b/c Wolverine has almost 2 centuries of fighting and has fought in many wars

he could go and overwhelm Volt before he uses the Volin (or possible take it from him)

the clones do make it more likely for Volt to win but not stomp

Last edited:
I mean if Logan can decapitate Volt before he can pull out the violin or realizes that he's fighting duplicates and goes towards the real one, Wolverine stands a chance. Volt still likely wins, but I can see Logan winning if he realizes this

I mean if Logan can decapitate Volt before he can pull out the violin or realizes that he's fighting duplicates and goes towards the real one, Wolverine stands a chance. Volt still likely wins, but I can see Logan winning if he realizes this
is this a vote for Volt?

Are the duplicates exact copies of Volt? Since Wolverine can identify Shapeshifters just by smelling them
Yes ... however they will still be slowing him down from getting to vold (plus volt has a slightly faster reaction speed to getting hits will take time)

Yes ... however they will still be slowing him down from getting to vold
Yes, but if Wolverine is able to identify that they are duplicates or locate the original Volt he would avoid them, and with his Enhanced Senses he should be able to do that (Examples of his Enhanced Senses)
plus volt has a slightly faster reaction speed to getting hits will take time
Assuming FC/OC's Versus Thread Rules are the same than VSB's, since Volt's combat speed and reactions are equal, if I don't see something wrong, then both are equalized to Wolverine's combat speed:
The combat speed of that faster character is assumed to be equalized to the combat speed of the slower character. Every other speed the faster character has is reduced by the same multiplier. This includes the speed of any attacks, projectiles, reactions, perception, flight etc.

Assuming FC/OC's Versus Thread Rules are the same than VSB's, since Volt's combat speed and reactions are equal, if I don't see something wrong, then both are equalized to Wolverine's combat speed:
oh really?

well then that makes me vote for Wolverine since I doubt Volt can play his volin fast enough

I vote for Wolverine for the following reasons: he has a slight advantage in physical AP, his Adamantium claws can easily pierce Volt who can't harm his Adamantium skeleton. Wolverine also has a big advantage in LS and he has experience dealing with enemies with regeneration comparable to his, such as Deadpool who he killed by decapitating him. And finally his Enhanced Senses should allow him to identify and locate the original Volt

Volt's copies won't just allow Wolverine to get through them without fighting back, even if he were to simply ignore them Volt can hide away from were-beast who have sense comparable to his (aka being able to sniff/hear/see animals such as rats from kilometres away) and even then the copies are also equipped with Volt's hand made smoke bomb designed specially to counter people with his kind of senses, he can more than likely stay hidden from Wolverine and eventually just put him to sleep

Volt also can fight trought immense pain and takes reduces damage from weapon that aren't silvered or magical

Volt's copies won't just allow Wolverine to get through them without fighting back, even if he were to simply ignore them Volt can hide away from were-beast who have sense comparable to his (aka being able to sniff/hear/see animals such as rats from kilometres away) and even then the copies are also equipped with Volt's hand made smoke bomb designed specially to counter people with his kind of senses, he can more than likely stay hidden from Wolverine and eventually just put him to sleep

Volt also can fight trought immense pain and takes reduces damage from weapon that aren't silvered or magical
can he use a violin while in huge pain?

Volt can hide away from were-beast who have sense comparable to his (aka being able to sniff/hear/see animals such as rats from kilometres away)
Wolverine can follow trails that bloodhounds are incapable of picking up, a bloodhound's smell is 1000 times stronger than a human's and can follow a scent trail for more than 130 miles. So he can't hide from Wolverine's senses just with that
Wolverine already has experience fighting enemies with regeneration and pain tolerance, and in those cases he goes for decapitation

can he use a violin while in huge pain?
Yes he could

And huge promble with Wolverine trying to kill real Volt is that the battle start 70 meters apart, Volt has a Telepathic link with his clones, if they were to all get slaughter with ease there is littrally no reason for him to put his life in danger and get close to Wolverine, he already has a range advantage and can definitely keep by playing a game of keep away until his littrally 30 second long song is played

Last edited:
looking at it yeah I do wonder why can't Volt not just keep running away especially with his clones blocking Wolverine so yeah I switch votes

if they were to all get slaughter with ease there is littrally no reason for him to put his life in danger and get close to Wolverine, he already has a range advantage and can definitely keep by playing a game of keep away until his littrally 30 second long song is played
Wolverine doesn't need to fight the duplicates, he would just have to locate the original Volt and kill him. Also assuming that he can play the violin, 30 seconds is a considerable amount of time, Wolverine can perfectly hear and locate him
Both situations are completely different, Mystique was shapeshifted as an inorganic statue, she doesn't have a smell like a human or animal, more than an anti-feat that's a nice feat for Wolverine's senses since he can sense people shapeshifted as inanimate objects or inorganic beings. Therefore, although Volt hides, Wolverine can perfectly smell and locate him
also how exactly would Wolverine even sniff out which Volt is real if the clones are literally perfect copies of him?
Wolverine can detect shapeshifters just by smelling them

@Volt12121 oh yeah did you vote or not? (I think 1 vote maybe 2 difference is needed to break grace once someone has more than 3 in FC/OC wiki)

Back