• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-C Tournament Match 14 (Lux Arcadia vs Crystal (Nuclear Throne))

I'm going be send to the shadow realm before the end of the battle, by the way.

Pretty sure that's against the Site Rules

The Wright Way said:
Yes, you did. You just edited it afterwards.
But whatever.
I stand by the most recent edit of the post and all previous could definitely have been typos, thus the edit.

Necromercer said:
So, this is the fight I've been hearing all about...Yeah, Voting Lux. Cuz dodging.
Mate is it just me or do you vote on literally every match before literally anyone makes an argument.

It's just you. I vote once a vaild point is made. Lux can avoid anything crystal trys to do. (Also trying to get this out of the way, cuz I got work to do.)

Necromercer said:
It's just you. I vote once a vaild point is made. Lux can avoid anything crystal trys to do. (Also trying to get this out of the way, cuz I got work to do.)
Zero valid points were made. Dodging is fun, but if you're only melee, you're going to get hit eventually. Hell, once the barrier is noticed, this'll probably turn into a giant ass stall more than anything.

Honestly, I dunno how this'll play out. Because the barrier is the biggest problem, but only lasts 15 minutes & Crystal is meant to fight through longer battles. But unfortunately, if she just tries to burn thought Lux all 15 minutes, she'll be pretty bad on ammo. I imagine, though, she'll start to play more conservatively.

Which becomes more complicated as Crystal just strafes backwards and teleports around, since she doesn't actually know of the time limit, but doesn't have a reason to burn her ammo on him either, nor does she know it's possible to bypass the barrier, so playing ultra-conservatively is about the only option.

...which is probably inconclusive, I guess. Lux and Crystal just battle for a really long amount of time, and it basically depends on if Crystal accidently bypasses or wears down the barrier or not. If she accidently figures out the weakness, or accidentally wears it down after 15 minutes, she probably wins, since Lux can't really get into melee and Crystal doesn't expend any ammo or resources teleporting, not to mention Lux's blades having difficulty doing tremendous damage via piercing since rocks are better against piercing/slashing than human flesh. But if she doesn't do this, she'll run out of resources and lose eventually because she won't have a proper win condition, and using melee weapons won't work against that x10 amp thing.

Effectively, the battle has so many variables and uncontrollable factors that the winner can be nearly entirely decided by luck.

I already said that being a rock doesn't help since Lux breaks rocks. And you didn't take into account that if Crystal somehow discovers the thing with the barriers, Lux still has his dodging skills.

Ionliosite said:
I already said that being a rock doesn't help since Lux breaks rocks. And you didn't take into account that if Crystal somehow discovers the thing with the barriers, Lux still has his dodging skills.
1. Breaking rocks =/= Breaking rocks with equal or above durability. If I stab a guy of equal strength to me, I'll easily pierce his body. I stab a rock, I won't do much damage. If the other guy, the rock, and I were all 100 times stronger, nothing changes. I still can't do much to that rock. The exact same is true here.

2. What are Lux's greatest skill feats again? Also, homing attacks + flamethrowers + laser attacks that are nigh-instant compared to her other attacks. How does he dodge those?

1. There is literally a kind of Abyss called Golem, which are made of rock, and Lux fights this kind of stuff on a daily basis.

2. My favourite feat is one he did on the very first volume of the novel. Lux is capable of dodging 16 different homing attacks at the same time, with each of them coming from a different direction and constantly following his movement, without even seeing the attacks that were much faster than him and were performed by someone 10 times stronger than him.

1. Okay, sounds like Lux scales above them. Doesn't matter here.

2. That sounds like those homing attacks were tremendously weak and bad at hitting and came from someone with bad aim, honestly. Unless you can tell me how he did it.

You seriously think Lisesharte has such a bad aiming she can't attack anyone? Specially blatant because she has been able to hit many other characters with them, such as Krulcifer, Celistia (who can teleport) and Philuffy. Lux dodged them because 1. His extensive training centered around dodging his opponent's attacks and 2. Quick Shot

Sure she does. It sounded like she's just really bad at aiming. Until you mentioned Quick Shot - didn't you say thay doesn't apply to movement, and only to attack? Or was that Quick Draw, or something? Could you elaborate?

Quick Draw is the one that only applies to the attack. Quick Shot is a different technique. They are explained in the profile, in case you haven't noted.

Ionliosite said:
Quick Draw is the one that only applies to the attack. Quick Shot is a different technique. They are explained in the profile, in case you haven't noted.
The profile is horribly lacking in proper descriptions, including the barrier, so I would prefer it if you described Quick Shot to me.

Quick Shot isn't offensive at all. The technique is based solely on the defensive aspect. Basically, it allows Lux to know the next moves of his opponent by looking at them, while at the same time granting him instinctive mobility (think of Goku's Ultra Instinct) to perform the best counters to the moves he predicts. And in case it wasn't clear, his reactions are instinctive, so he doesn't need to think to counter attack.

Ah, so his skill isn't anything broken, he just instinctively attempts to dodge stuff.

Well, this'll work at a range, but big surprise, he can't be hurt at a range. At melee, he'll have to decide to dodge or attack, as doing both at the same time becomes tremendously more difficult, easier to hit them, easier to dodge their attack...

Then we're back to inconclusive, as Lux is too busy dodging to make progress winning, and Crystal plays too safe for Lux to reliably do anything to her.

Moritzva said:
Ah, so his skill isn't anything broken, he just instinctively attempts to dodge stuff.
Well, this'll work at a range, but big surprise, he can't be hurt at a range. At melee, he'll have to decide to dodge or attack, as doing both at the same time becomes tremendously more difficult, easier to hit them, easier to dodge their attack...
^

Howling Howl is a basic Drag-Ride move that creates shockwaves. And yes, its name is a great case of Engrish.

Inconclusive FRA.

Ionliosite said:
Howling Howl is a basic Drag-Ride move that creates shockwaves. And yes, its name is a great case of Engrish.
I dunno if the shields would block Howling Howl? I think so, given that it blocks fire and air based attacks like poison.

Lux: 2

Inconclusive: 2

If that is gonna be the final score.... that's another case I didn't consider.

Back